DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Managers
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 22:20

Who is available if we were to get rid of McPake? I like the guy but results have been way off it and the games are far from enjoyable to watch.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Managers
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 22:24

Any old dross will do, according to the collective wisdom of this forum. Ian McCall, they were suggesting. Just been sacked by the mighty Clyde, I hear, just the calibre we need at East End Park. 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 22:42

Ian Murray

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 22:49

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 19 Oct 22:42

Ian Murray

Would second this. Did well at Airdrie and Raith. Still find it utterly baffling Raith sacked him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 22:57

Even now, I still think McCabe would be an excellent addition. He tries to set up his team to play football the right way and has had Airdrie punching well above their weight until now. They are a team that have to rebuild most seasons so to get them promoted with us, then make the playoffs last season was a fantastic achievement and I’m surprised it didn’t get him a move to a bigger club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:06

Where is the money coming from to relieve James from his duties. Not going to happen. I still believe it will come good.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:11

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 19 Oct 23:06

Where is the money coming from to relieve James from his duties. Not going to happen. I still believe it will come good.

By good I mean mid table
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:13

What’s going to be cheaper? Sacking mcpake or relegation?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:23

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 19 Oct 23:06

Aye we`ll make a total mint being in league 1
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:45

What if we keep McPake and he keeps us up? Or what if we replace him and we still get relegated? There’s no guarantees with either option, it’s a judgement call for the directors, but if the second scenario were to happen the consequences would be disastrous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:46

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 19 Oct 23:13

Was it cheaper to sack Peter grant and bring in the next manager or would it have been cheaper to let Peter grant see the season out?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 23:48

Probably more at the top of league 1 than bottom of championship
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 00:00

What an utterly stupid comparison that is. Grant clearly had to get sacked and not the fans fault next appointment didn’t work. If we went down I’d worry about our financial situation. What if we get rid of mcpake and stay up? ****** idiot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 00:01

The consequences of us going down again would probably be a bawhair off administration again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 00:03

We’ve all watched our first 9 games this season… who’s got any confidence mcpake is going to keep us up? The football is absolutely rotten and 1 win came against a team with 10 men for 75 mins….. impressive stuff

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 00:05

For me as things stand and looking at the bigger picture of everything that’s happening in and around the club, I don’t think now is the right time to replace James McPake. We are in a terrible position, we are clinging on to the teams above us but while that’s still the case I think we’ll have to persevere with McPake ball 🙈

Genuinely, I’d have had him gone but I’m trying to look at it from a different perspective.

I think the plan just now is…
1. Get new investors
2. Pay off McPake

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 00:12

I can`t see how directors who decided to loosen the purse strings just a few weeks ago and trusted the manager to spend the extra funds would now decide to sack him. There may not have been much progress but there has been some with more options in the squad and all 6 points coming in the last 6 games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 01:06

I like mcpake but I don`t like his negative tactics, but I do think he is stubborn and he won`t change the way he is unfortunately. Which is a shame as a pressing team in this league will go far.

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 01:21

Look, just get a new manager. The job market`s full of brilliant man managers, who are champing at the bit to come to Dunfermline. In no time flat we`ll be whizzing up the table. Our training regime will be revolutionised, the players, who have struggled to make the grade in the championship will suddenly become brilliant. It`s an absolute no-brainer. Just get the new guy in now. Fantasy

Great we`ve got a new manager. OK so he`s already been sacked 5 times and his last 3 teams were relegated but heyho, at our wages, what can you expect. The players haven`t reacted that well to the change and he seems to have lost the dressing room. The team that was beginning to look solid at the back with McPake are still not scoring many goals, but they`re losing more now. Looks like relegation. Sack the manager. Here we go again. Fact.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 02:02

Ffs are we really doing this again?

Have ye no got a book tae read?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 04:23

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 19 Oct 23:46

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 19 Oct 23:13

Was it cheaper to sack Peter grant and bring in the next manager or would it have been cheaper to let Peter grant see the season out?

That`s an intriguing question, NMC. The honest answer has to be that it would have been cheaper to leave Peter Grant in post. He would almost certainly have had us relegated but at least we wouldn`t have had the extra cost of hiring and firing his dinosaur replacement. Grant was undone by signing a number of players of dubious character, who didn`t exactly enhance the harmony of the squad. This proved to be disastrous when the team went on a poor run and certain individuals didn`t give a toss.

Factor in Grant`s obsession with having us trying to play like Man City.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 06:42

Ian murray was offered the job about 4 weeks ago and turned it down. He was disgusted by the way raith done the dirty on him and stated dunfermline were doing worse by offering him the job whilst mcpake was still in the job.

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 06:47

Anyone who thinks that mcpake can turn this around is delusional. We don`t score enough goals ( the only striker who is scoring at the club never gets a chance).

The only chance we have of getting a result is not conceding. He doesn`t have any excuses anymore these are his players and we don`t have the amount of injuries as last year.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 07:20

Quote:

Lesliepartoo, Sun 20 Oct 06:42

Ian murray was offered the job about 4 weeks ago and turned it down. He was disgusted by the way raith done the dirty on him and stated dunfermline were doing worse by offering him the job whilst mcpake was still in the job.

You`re presenting this as fact when it`s more likely you`re repeating a rumour you`ve heard. Please tell me I`m wrong.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 08:35

Quote:

Which pub was the source of this rumour ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 20 Oct 09:13

It was heard in the cockwell Inn.

To be fair if Murray was interested I would be very suprised if he said that, the questions will have been more along the lines of if mcpake was sacked would you come in?

It would be remiss of the club to not be keeping an eye on potential managerial candidates, espechailly local ones given mcpake has clearly taken us as far as he can.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 05:07

Gg riva.
Your wrong mate

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 09:48

"It was heard in the cockwell Inn."

The managerial roundabout of the 2nd tier in Scotland is on the agenda in a pub on Merseyside ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 09:54

Does Ivor Biggun drink there?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 09:57

Quote:

Aye, right. Gossipy codswallop. Name a reliable source or jist dinnae.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net