|
|
Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Sun 4 Oct 10:23
A good mate sent me this;
"I was at an underage representative game at EEP between Scotland and England during my sojourn in the Kingdom.
I’ve lost the programme but need the teams.
Details: Between 1990 and 2005
Under 15? Under 18? Other?
I would recognise some names if I saw the teams. I think a Jermaine (Pennant? Defoe?) played for England.
Could you narrow down the possibilities and give me the options?
I’ll explain why I’m looking for it, too long to write out.
Over to you, Clouseau."
I`m stumped, but I`d bet good money someone on this forum will bail me out.... 😁
Not your average Sunday League player.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic Originator: Jeffery
Date: Sun 4 Oct 11:08
According to Google both played in a 2002 qualifying match at EEP.
England U21 vs Slovakia U21
6 September 2002 — East End Park, Dunfermline(UEFA U21 Championship Qualifier)
Starting XI
GK: Chris Kirkland
DF: Paul Konchesky
DF: Jlloyd Samuel
DF: Titus Bramble
MF: Gareth Barry
MF: Michael Carrick
MF: Jermaine Jenas
MF: Jermaine Pennant
MF: David Prutton
FW: Jermain Defoe
FW: Francis Jeffers
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic Originator: Jeffery
Date: Sun 4 Oct 11:13
Substitutions
Shaun Wright‑Phillips → Pennant (46’)
Stuart Parnaby → Samuel (46’)
Shola Ameobi → Defoe (46’)
Matthew Etherington → Prutton (46’)
Joleon Lescott → Konchesky (46’)
I was confused by the game being at EEP but these were some of the suggested reasons.
The FA deliberately took U21 games on the roadIn the late 1990s and early 2000s, England U21s didn’t have a fixed home stadium.
The FA rotated matches around:smaller English, Welsh and Scottish grounds (including East End Park and Pittodrie)This was meant to:grow support for the U21s
test players in different atmospheres
build relationships with associations and clubs across Britain
East End Park was seen as a safe, well‑run, modern enough venue with a strong local fan base.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic Originator: NMCmassive
Date: Sun 4 Oct 11:21
That genuinely reads like AI generated.
Stick the date into google along with England U21 and it says they played Yugoslavia.
Made me do an extra search and the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was renamed Serbia and Montenegro in 2003, then was dissolved in 2006.
COYP
Post Edited (Sun 04 Oct 11:25)
|
|
|
|
|
|