DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 2018-2019 season
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 23 Apr 17:31

Next year I will do a season ticket for first place but do away with the 2nd and 3rd cash prizes.
Instead, I will do a draw for another season ticket.

You will get 1 entry in the draw for every 25 points obtained in the competition.
This should keep everyone interested for the full season rather than giving up when they fall behind.
The first prize winner will be excluded from the draw.

To qualify for the draw you will need to make the charitable donation of £5, which I believe goes to the disabled supporters fund.
You will also need to be a member of the new http://www.squealadeal.co.uk website. (Free signup). The new website should launch within a few weeks.
Of course, you will also need to score at least 25 points.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 2018-2019 season
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 28 Apr 22:26

Don't agree with this. Was way of the pace early doors and only thing that kept me interested was trying to get a top three finish. Was not to be in the end.

Playing for a random draw would have seen me jack it in months ago.

Only my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Apr 01:58

Well that keeps the top 10 interested. I'm open to suggestions on alternatives to keep everyone else involved. Taking part every week could generate one more chance to win a season ticket.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 May 22:52

I have a feeling we will win the league next year.

IF WE DO I WILL HAVE ANOTHER PRIZE UP FOR GRABS.

I haven't decided how to select the winners of the new prize yet but it will obviously involve squealadeal somehow.

If we are champions or if we win the playoffs for promotion for the 2018 - 2019 (next) season, I will sponsor a match in the 2019 - 2020 season and 11 participants in the 2018 - 2019 prediction league will be my guests.
I will post final details before the new season begins.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 14 May 16:47

Topic Originator: PARrot
Date: Sun 29 Apr 01:58

Well that keeps the top 10 interested. I'm open to suggestions on alternatives to keep everyone else involved. Taking part every week could generate one more chance to win a season ticket.

Just a suggestion but how about doing a manager of the month and then entering them into a draw-would give everyone a chance up to the last month of the season and may keep folk interested.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 May 17:43

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 14 May 16:47

Topic Originator: PARrot
Date: Sun 29 Apr 01:58

Just a suggestion but how about doing a manager of the month and then entering them into a draw-would give everyone a chance up to the last month of the season and may keep folk interested.

Tried similar with winner of the month. Same people won regularly. I want to keep a surprise for the end and if accumulating points can get another entry or two then people will make more attempts.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net