DAFC.net
Home 07 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Going on holiday - Internet Football
Topic Originator: Easy Tiger  
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 21:55

Hi Folks, going on holiday to the Spain next week. Obviously want to see us getting a win over the Dons. How does the Internet Football work. Thinking the Hotel will have an internet terminal in the reception, do i just log in , pay money then away i go?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Going on holiday - Internet Football
Topic Originator: klinker_par  
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 22:03

Will it no be a tidy sum for you to sit on a comp for 2 hours though? Is it no a certain number of Euros per minute?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 22:16

Cant be more then £21.00!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 00:14

Excluding connection costs it will cost you 5 quid to watch live and 3.50 to watch on archives later if you miss it live. You will need at least a 512 broadband connection and if this is what they have select the 250 feed option. However if the connection is faster you should chose the 450 feed option. You just log onto the Internetfootball site - and must buy your ticket at least an hour before kick off. I strongly suggest you do a DRM test way before you want to watch a match - pretend to pay for a game and on the next screen look for link to this DRM test. This tests the computer's ability to accept DRM licensed content and if you can do this and see moving pictures and hear sound you should be OK. Quit when you have finished. When you have entered in all your details at the time you buy your ticket you will be sent an e-mail with a 4 character license code. Near to kick off click the appropriate view button on the internetfootball site to select the game and feed speed you want. Just before kick off a licence entry dialog box wil drop down asking for the e-mail you used and the 4 character code. Wait a wee while and the Play button will become go from having grey to black font. When Play is in black click on this button and after a wee wait for buffering you should be in. PS Licensing may happen just before kick off. You may need to check with Lux to find out if a mobile e-mail such as hotmail or yahoo will be OK or not. Suggest you try to do the DRM test at home before you go so you know what you are trying to do. Good luck. Am away from early am for the week so will not be able to answer any questions. Hopefully Lux will be around.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigpond  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 10:19

If I remember correct, you also need to watch the game on the same PC that you bought the ticket. So if you go back to tune in prior to kick off and someone's on playing World of Warcraft or something, you'll have to pay more cash to get him off. Or else let him watch for free with you. How could he refuse?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 10:32

Cheers for that guys , rather watch the Pars live but if needs be it will be Soccer Saturday!.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 19:49

You don't need to watch from the same PC you purchased with, but you cannot swap PC's at half time, the license is valid once, for one PC.

Rhino about covers it, however, I would add...

Wherever you are intending watching from, do 2 or 3 different bandwidth tests - unless you are consistently over 400K, ensure that you choose 'view' on the game marked '250K'
if you are not over 250K, try somewhere else, you will only get annoyed and frustrated...

Also, if on your own laptop, reinstal Media Player 10 (NOT 11, they are still having teething probs with it) even if you think there are no problems with your player - trust me, just do it
if not your own laptop, ie in a cafe - in advance, get the owner/operator/techy to allow a reinstal.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx

This will ensure no problems with the DRM

most of ... enjoy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: San José  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 20:32

Lux, is there any way of getting the games on a Mac?

I'm finally not working Saturday as it's a holiday weekend but I'll be away for it. The people I'm staying with have a Mac but I don't think it'll work...

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 23:25

Not straightforward...

I have had reports of people with a decent spec Mac, running a good PC emulator (ie not a free one) being able to run Media Player 10 and obtaining DRM license, and therefore being able to watch...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The_Grim_ReaPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 09:16

Could this be moved to the sticky forum. Im going away over Christmas this would be excellent for me although I will end up in the doghouse for it!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net