DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Glasgow City Council Equal Pay Dispute
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 17 Jan 22:02

A mess created by Labour over decades.

Cleared up by SNP in ONE YEAR....

Typifies the difference between these two parties.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Glasgow City Council Equal Pay Dispute
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 17 Jan 22:14

Labour are strangely silent tonight about this on twitter.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:44

18 months not a year. Still is took strike action late in2018 to get to a decision. Biggest hurdle was senior Council officers, £500m, huge cuts ahead for Glasgow unless government gives up some of the surplus its been saving for a rainy day, well it's pouring in Glasgow now. Well done the unions for sorting this out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 16:19

Quote:

dafc, Fri 18 Jan 15:44

18 months not a year. Still is took strike action late in2018 to get to a decision. Biggest hurdle was senior Council officers, £500m, huge cuts ahead for Glasgow unless government gives up some of the surplus its been saving for a rainy day, well it's pouring in Glasgow now. Well done the unions for sorting this out.

Your bitterness is ouzing out your pores DAFT, the SNP lead Glasgow Council actually stated they hoped to be in a position by Xmas 2018 to have an offer available for the employees. With that on record the labour ran union's still encouraged the employees to go on strike weeks before Xmas, which tbh was totally irresponsible of them.
Further more the previous run council not only refused the women equal pay but spent £2,5 million fighting to deny them justice.

Post Edited (Fri 18 Jan 16:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 16:24

Labour are hopefully dead in Scotland. Get some other central left part started in their place with no connection to the Westminster monstrosity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 20:55

The GMB are an utter disgrace. They desperately coerced women to accept out of court settlements that were a fraction of what they were owed as they were in cahoots with Labour. Who was the main man in GMB at the time?

Tricky Dicky ! The man is a total embarrassment a hypocrite and thick as mince.

It is unions like GMB that give all unions a bad name an immoral corrupt bunch of charlatans.

I used to be a union member, EETPU and OILC and I used to vote Labour.

Then I woke up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 21:00

I take it those two unions you were a part of also gave unions a bad name as well?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 22:20

Not entirely tbh. It was the leaders of the EETPU in particular at the time and other union leaders back in the day that I was not impressed with. Droning Jack Dromey during dockyard meetings.

Shop stewards in particular ( not all ) who would use any excuse to walk out and go for a bevvy.

My “ then I woke up comment” , was mainly directed at voting Labour back in the day rather than union membership.

I have no issues with most unions but I don’t really keep up with all of it nowadays, but I have read enough about the shameful behaviour of the GMB during the equal pay issues going back years to know that they have not covered themselves in glory and can hardly claim any credit for it being resolved.

They in cahoots with Slab were more interested in scoring political points than securing a victory for the women involved.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 19 Jan 12:11

"Labour are strangely silent tonight about this on twitter."

BBC Radio Scotland wanted a Labour representative for interview the other morning and invited several, in turn, to contribute - no takers.

Conspicuous by their abscence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 20:15

Remortgaging the family silver to pay for it, scandalous
Claw it back from the liebour councillors from over the years !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:17

Richard Lennard will bring it up at FM Questions though probably because London Labour will be telling the branch office to make the point ...………...ha ha

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net