DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Watching Mayor Pete
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 02:57

This guy, Pete Buttigieg (better known as Mayor Pete), is starting to look like a serious contender for the 2020 Democratic nomination for the presidency.

On the face of it, he seems to be quite a remarkable young man. His latest exploit - carrying out an interview on the Notre Dame fire in pretty fluent French - is grabbing the sort of attention that will distinguish him from most of the dozen or so other candidates chasing the nomination.

https://www.businessinsider.com/presidential-candidate-pete-buttigieg-french-notre-dame-cathedral-2019-4

Not that he needs too much more to separate him from the rest; he is gay and officially married to a man, so that should go down really well with Trump's "deplorables".

If he can overcome what is bound to be a barrage of hostility, then he'll well deserve his chance to seriously challenge Trump.

Buttigieg is a very good speaker who can present his arguments well. I hope he is the real deal and not yet another soon-to-be-forgotten "flavour of the month".

If indeed he can go all the way to becoming the official challenger next year, the prospect of him and Trump in three presidential debates is just too juicy for words.

Perhaps a more likely outcome is that he gets a VP role with one of the older, more high profile candidates.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Watching Mayor Pete
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 13:05

Yep,Beto has been binned for a younger flavour of the month.Media going ga ga over him.

It won't last...if he does run against Wiggy that wouldn't be a fair fight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 15:06

Hooker or gay sex scandal will see this one off....bet anyone?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 26 May 04:47

The more I see of this guy, the more I hope he comes through to challenge Trump for the presidency in 2020. He seems to offer an intelligent antidote to the madness currently pervading American politics.

You should watch his reaction to the question at about 23:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmDkTr8aj4
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net