DAFC.net
Home 24 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ten years ago today
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 8 May 08:22

The Telegraph began to expose the great Westminster expenses scandal.

Now, despite efforts to suppress it, details are emerging that 377 official credit cards have withdrawn for various reasons/periods of time.

Some well kent names.

Dear, dear, probably more muddles than fiddles, but just when trust is already at its lowest, and cynicism at its peak.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten years ago today
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 8 May 10:47

Was that 10 years ago...

I always remember I was called to jury duty for a benefits fraud case (someone disadvantaged wee lassie had let her boyfriend start to stay over ...which meant she wasn't entitled to claim single person benefit)... But that was at the time when all these politicians were milking the system illegally and then would go on TV with a cheque to pay it back which made it all go away.

Always angered me that - the difference in how two people were treated for essentially the same thing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 8 May 22:50

Someone who fiddles benefits for say 40k will get jail time, yet an MP who fiddles 40k will get a slap on the wrist. Disgusting.

Time to rid Scotland of the Westminster disease.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Thu 9 May 05:34

"Time to rid Scotland of the Westminster disease."

Yep, because Holyrood and the ranks of the SNP have never had any fraudsters in it at all.

Who is using your family's brain cell just now?

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 10:13

<<Who is using your family's brain cell just now?>>

Honestly CDF, you expect people to engage in discussion with you when you disrespect them like this? You have a lot of growing up to do - it doesn't really matter where you are on the age spectrum, you need to learn to control your base instincts.

I would shudder to think what would happen to you if you carried on as you do on this forum in real life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:50

This thread is hilarious. If I didn't know better I would have thought I had stumbled into a discussion between a group of 10 year olds. As soon as anyone starts to name call they just lose the argument. So in this thread there are a lot who have lost....🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net