DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chaos theory
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 18:38

I’m naturally suspicious of what passes for ‘news’ and aware of the tactic of ‘news management,’ However there seems to have been a number of serious failures occurring regularly in England in regard to airports (one problem allegedly caused by drones), train stations and now, reported this evening, black outs across parts of the country when part of the National Grid went down which affected train signals and traffic lights.

Is this managerial incompetence? Lack of investment in infrastructure? Political sabotage by agents unknown? Softening up the public for brexit chaos? Or just what always happens but is not always reported?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chaos theory
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 19:31

We will see what happens after this power cut.

"Is this managerial incompetence?"
Possibly

"Lack of investment in infrastructure?"
This is more likely, but people tend to raise red flags and ask for more investment before it gets to this point.

"Political sabotage by agents unknown?"
This is also possible. If it is the case then I don't think they will announce it publicly (at least not for many months).

"Softening up the public for brexit chaos?"
As much as I can't stand Johnson, this is very unlikely.

"Or just what always happens but is not always reported?"
This seems to be a bit bigger than usual. Nothing catastrophic, but bigger than your usual power cut on a local level.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net