DAFC.net
Home 01 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yellowhammer
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 08:32

When Michael Gove claimed at the weekend that No Deal documents shouldn't be seen by the people of this country because they are "old," I wondered why nobody thought to ask "how old?"

Now there are rumblings that these documents are updated and distributed to devolved governments each month and that the documents to which Gove referred had been distributed TWO WEEKS prior.

This mob will say or do anything to impose their crazy extremist ideology on the unsuspecting UK public.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yellowhammer
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 21:26

“This mob will say or do anything to impose their crazy extremist ideology on the unsuspecting UK public.”

I assume you might also be referring to the Westminster Remainer gang who refuse to accept the Referendum result? 🤔
This despite the fact that the Government at the time said they would implement the result ...and there were no caveats. They spent about £9 million to make the point in advance of the election... AKA Project Fear...none of which came to pass.

80%+ Parliamentarians stood at the last election on manifestos to honour the result.

No ifs..ands...or buts.

Funny how these documents appear after the main Cabinet objectors/ Remainers have been fired and it’s now becoming obvious how they have sabotaged planning for an orderly exit.

Post Edited (Tue 20 Aug 21:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 22:57

Would you not rather talk about Gove's lies in this thread and whether or not it's ok to change one's mind in the "Democracy" thread where that debate is already happening?

Keeps things simple.

So, Gove lied, huh? Imagine that! It's almost boring when this government lies now isn't it? I mean, get back to me if one of them accidentally tells the truth, right? That would be the [i[]real story.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 00:53

The truth can only be hidden for so long. In the celebrated film ‘Fargo’ the hapless car salesman Jerry Lundegaard is attempting to conceal his criminal scheme, which involved stealing a car from his own forecourt. He pitifully attempts to stall the dealership over the telephone by pretending that the registration numbers have been badly photocopied and are difficult to read. When confronted by policewoman Marge he takes the huff and pretends to go out to the forecourt to check the number of cars there. His time is up and he makes a run for it, leaving a dead wife, dead patrolman, two dead passersby and a dead father-in-law in his wake as well as a parentless son.

We are soon approaching that stage with Brexit, the most deluded political enterprise undertaken by the UK since the ill-fated Sues operation in 1956. After three years I am still awaiting the economic argument in favour of Brexit; at the time of writing this seems to comprise of the argument that although things will be bad, they might not be as bad as some claim. Not much of an argument for leaving, and not one I recall hearing from Brexiteers in their early flush of victory. There is talk of trade deals with mostly English speaking countries that, like the magic technology for checking the Irish border, do not at the moment actually exist.

Things may be much worse than even Operation Yellowhammer sets out. It’s a hard thing to say, but maybe a crash-out Brexit is needed to flush the poison out of British life that is being spread through the efforts of millionaire right wing elements cheered on from the USA. The reality of a crash-out Brexit, which even the Daily Express and Daily Mail are showing some concern over, could involve shortages and rationings that would make Johnson feel very much Churchillian and lead to a reassessment amongst the electorate. Churchill, along with Stalin and Roosevelt, refused all peace deals with the Nazis from 1942 onwards because he realised the myth of the German Army being betrayed had to be shown up as a fiction: the Nazis had to be ground down into the rubble of Nuremberg and Berlin and exposed for the fantasists they were. Maybe the EU has decided on a similar policy.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net