DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Monty Python Splat...
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 20 Sep 22:20

The older I get, the crankier I get and these days I get driven to distraction by politics and politicians of all persuasions. It's just so annoying.

I hanker after the days when our leaders were relatively normal human beings, guys like Jim Callaghan and Jimmy Carter, not the monstrous cartoon characters in power today who pull on our emotions and shake the very foundations of our belief structures.

Anyway, I have developed a novel survival mechanism for this madness; it might just help you too.

Whenever a politician appears on your screen and begins to agitate you, just picture in your mind the huge foot from Monty Python plunging out of the sky and squelching that politician flat.

I find that it really does make modern life a little easier...

Trump? ... SPLAT

Boris?... SPLAT

Farage?... SPLAT

Putin?... SPLAT

Netanyahu?... SPLAT

Junker?... SPLAT

etc., etc...

:)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Monty Python Splat...
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 20 Sep 23:05

Michael Foot would be ironic ;)

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 07:41

There you go Oz...you can call your thought process "My cool foot".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 09:42

The hectoring condescending wifies do my head in:-

Lucas

Swinson

Cherry

Soubry, Allen, and all the others who ratted on the parties/voters that got them where they are, now swanning around with their self righteous manner and self awarded halos

Thornberry, Abbot and the other Labour examples of female dumbhoodity Take your pick, so many to choose from

Patel, quite a few other Tory nonentities the sight of whom annoys me but names escape me just now. The one who said she wouldn’t want Boris to run her home. You’d be lucky if anyone would offer dearie, unless he was stone deaf

And our very own bobbing heid chuckle chops FM. The bees knees to some, gets on the wick of everyone else

I do miss Angela Constance though. Thick as two short ones but such a reliable source of merriment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 10:18

I find mysogynistic politicians particularly difficult to stomach, although it is heartening to me that my attitude toward those politicians has changed over my adult life from one of anger to one of pity as society's norms on this issue better align themselves with my views.

The dinasaurs will tell you that they're not being misogynistic of course, but don't listen to them; would they make a list of male MPs who irritated them due to their maleness for instance?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net