DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Quite an interesting read about 2014
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 20:28

Not that I believe our honest government would ever do anything unlawful.

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/howtheref-3.pdf

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Quite an interesting read about 2014
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 23:09

When the stakes are high then the temptation to exploit what is a weak system presents itself.

My suspicions were first aroused in the Glenrothes by-election of 2008, which came hard upon the banking collapse and the loss of a Labour seat in Glasgow East. Gordon Brown was PM at the time but his leadership was being questioned so the last thing he needed was to lose a Labour seat in his backyard. The government itself might have fallen while he was pumping taxpayers’ money in to the banking system to keep it solvent.

On the day, most insiders reckoned the result was too close to call, although it seemed the SNP might shade it. They didn’t, despite getting a good turn out of their vote. In fact the SNP lost the seat by 6,000 votes, a stunning result. When the marked register was later asked to be consulted, to try and work out why the result had been so out of kilter with expectation, it turned out the register had been lost. Last seen in Kirkcaldy Town House as a matter of fact.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Quite an interesting read about 2014
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Tue 1 Oct 14:18

The bookies must have been in on it, they were paving out on NO the day before the vote.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net