DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The turkey who voted for Xmas
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 13 Dec 04:10

I see Jo Swinson has, not unexpectedly, lost her seat. I assume the leadership of the Lib Dems will be lost to her quite soon as well.

I can see why Johnson wanted to take the gamble on an election since he could not get anything through parliament. At the time of writing it seems his gamble has paid off. Now all he has to do is reheat May's deal and pretend it is his.
I can see why Nicola Sturgeon was keen on an election as well, since she would benefit whichever major party won.
I can see why Corbyn was reluctant to call an election since it was easier watching Johnson stew in his own parliamentary juice than convincing the UK public that a 'Labour' Brexit would be superior to what was on offer.

What is hard to understand is why Swinson was gagging for an election in which she was promising to annul the Brexit vote by decree, a bold policy she claimed less than a month ago might make her PM. Now she is redundant.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The turkey who voted for Xmas
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 13 Dec 08:11

Corbyn may have been reluctant but eventually Labour still voted to have the election. A lawyer will tell his client 'its better to look suspicious than be found guilty' well Labour would have been better to have looked to have been frightened of an election than to be locked out of power unltil 2025.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
 Re: The turkey who voted for Xmas
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 13 Dec 08:13

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 13 Dec 08:11

Corbyn may have been reluctant but eventually Labour still voted to have the election. A lawyer will tell his client 'its better to look suspicious than be found guilty' well Labour would have been better to have looked to have been frightened of an election than to be locked out of power unltil 2025.

This.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net