DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fergie Out
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 5 May 21:45

Professor Neil Ferguson has a long proven record of making unproven predictions, as far back as Foot and Mouth Disease and Swine Flu. He has predicted calamity of biblical proportions in the past unless schools and businesses were closed down; in both these cases he was listened to and ignored.

This time with Covid it is different. The government was panicked by what Professor Ferguson calls his ‘modelling’ of 500,000 deaths in the UK so imposed what has become known as Lockdown. For maybe the first time in his life it looked like Ferguson had made the right call on a big issue. Except for this: every day the evidence fails to support his dire warnings. By his reckoning a country like Sweden should have hardly any citizens left alive. His alarmist modelling has come back to haunt him, and big business is looking for a scapegoat.

So, a story about how Ferguson breached the Lockdown has been fed to the media to explain his removal from SAGE. He is now going to become the focus of why on earth the country was shut down on such a grand scale without the ability to distinguish between healthy and sick. The politicians have always said they were following the science and Ferguson was only too happy to lead them. He’ll be answering many questions in the year ahead.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fergie Out
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:19

There's a decent article in Private Eye about how the Government has essentially abused Ferguson's modelling to claim success whatever the circumstances - they will likely perform a blunt calculation; 500k less the total number of deaths being the number they've 'saved'....

The governments 'we're following the science' line was always designed to enable them to scapegoat someone outside Government. Ferguson looks like being a decent candidate for that role. I'm sure others will emerge.

I hope Ferguson 'watches his tone' when answering questions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 9 May 02:31

<<< I hope Ferguson 'watches his tone' when answering questions. >>>

😀

I noticed Hancock long ago, hoped he wouldn't get anywhere as an MP. He's turned into a complete ignorant, arrogant unsavoury piece.

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan is reprimanded by Hancock (1)

Why Hancock said to her, she should watch her tone. (2)

I suppose you could call it a pre-emptive strike from him, because I guess he fears her and is trying to knock the stuffing out of her. Not a chance. She's very spirited, has already acheived much and could go further.

sources
(1) https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/matt-hancock-tells-mp-watch-tone-coronavirus-question-12657951/

(2) https://youtu.be/d5IIcGH6KJc

Post Edited (Sat 09 May 02:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 9 May 09:52

Hancock's recent change in behaviour has been interesting. It looks like the guy is falling apart.

Maybe he is experiencing some personal issues, or maybe he has just realised that he is completely out of his depth.

If it is the former I would usually have a lot of sympathy, but I'm happy to make an exception here.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net