DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New poll
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 13:09

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeons-snp-course-majority-23868781#source=breaking-news

Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP is in line to win an outright majority at the Holyrood election, according to a new STV News/Ipsos MORI poll.

On the constituency vote, the SNP polled 53%, the Tories 20%, Labour 18% and the Lib Dems on 6%.

On the regional Lists, the SNP came in at 38%, the Tories polled 21%, Labour 18%, the Greens 12% and the Lib Dems 6%. Alba came a distant sixth on 3%.

A seats breakdown put the SNP on 70 - a clear majority - the Tories on 24, Labour on 19, the Greens on 11 and the Lib Dems on 4.

Alba 3%? not sure about that one...

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 13:09)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New poll
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 13:22

Record is as biased as Pravda and that Sputnik station that funds Alba

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 13:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 13:23

Oh dear, Labour in Scotland on 18% surprised they're that high.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 13:58

Alba will win seats, that I have no doubt about.

Even Gorgeous` George`s Party is predicted to nick a few from the nasty party.....lets hope so, just two or three though, unless it means the fedora man will be in HR , god forbid.

But as long as Parboiled`s Brit Nat parties get trashed, then all is good.

Who you voting for PB? .....too ashamed to tell us ? Who do you advocate giving our precious votes to in the hope of transforming Scotland ?? Do you really care ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 14:00

Quote:

desparado, Wed 7 Apr 13:58

Alba will win seats, that I have no doubt about.

Even Gorgeous` George`s Party is predicted to nick a few from the nasty party.....lets hope so, just two or three though, unless it means the fedora man will be in HR , god forbid.

But as long as Parboiled`s Brit Nat parties get trashed, then all is good.

Who you voting for PB? .....too ashamed to tell us ? Who do you advocate giving our precious votes to in the hope of transforming Scotland ?? Do you really care ?

He votes Labour
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 15:07

🎣

Too easy, Two with one hook. I’m away ’ fur a guddle in the burn ..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:54

“He votes Labour”
I might have, or anyone else on a tactical anti Snipper ticket. Seeing they are too dumb to cooperate they can go whistle.
Just a list vote for me, Alba, then sit back and enjoy the civil war.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 17:47

It’s probably premature this poll. Taken only a few days after Alba announced their party, it’s more likely they will be around 5% now or 6% as another poll suggested.
Good to see another pro Indy poll though.
Yes 52%
No 48%

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 21:52

Topic Originator: Parboiled
Date: Wed 7 Apr 16:54

“He votes Labour”
I might have, or anyone else on a tactical anti Snipper ticket. Seeing they are too dumb to cooperate they can go whistle.
Just a list vote for me, Alba, then sit back and enjoy the civil war.

🤣🤣🤣. Oh the old I don’t vote for any partly line, just tactical. I have heard that from other zoomers that have posted on here before...

I think you will be waiting a long time for the civil war. Once pro Indy parties take control of Holyrood, its game over.......enjoy it while you still can.....

Tick Tock......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 22:55

All tactical voting does is ensure a status quo. Vote for who you believe in rather than the colour of their rosette. It's why Fife had those Labour idiots for so long.

Edited to say things not any better in Fife under the SNP.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 22:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:01

``All tactical voting does is ensure a status quo.``

Not under Salmond`s ALBA party it doesn`t. Even the Daily Mail is alive to the danger that a joint SNP/ALBA moves Scottish independence on to a different level of political reality.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:05

Doesn't it? It may benefit the independence movement but it'll still mean an SNP led government.

As far as I can tell, Alba have no clear policies. I'm struggling to tell what the Tory policies are either tbh. Only the SNP and Labour seem clear in their communications about what they'll do.

Let's be honest, we're getting as bad as the States with our politics.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:06

Quote:

jake89, Wed 07 Apr 22:55

All tactical voting does is ensure a status quo. Vote for who you believe in rather than the colour of their rosette. It's why Fife had those Labour idiots for so long.

Edited to say things not any better in Fife under the SNP.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 22:55)

Normally I’d agree with you on this but this election just like the last UK election has become a constitutional issue like no other and people are putting usual party loyalty to one side to determine what best serves their cause whether it’s independence or unionism.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:19

Wasn't it the same at the last Holyrood election too? Everything seems a bit binary - status quo or independence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:20

``Let`s be honest, we`re getting as bad as the States with our politics.``

In terms of real politics I agree. Real politics is an awareness of marxist reality, better understood these days by the Tory Party than the Labour Party. Namely that real politics consists of the decisions made in respect of what is produced (capital) and how that is distributed to those who produced it (labour). All the rest is propaganda and soundbites, identity politics and faddism.

Sturgeon is a million miles away from confronting that reality and Salmond not much closer but they are both a better bet than anything else on offer. So for anyone who believes in a just Scotland the least worst option is 1. SNP 2. ALBA
Anything else is either green/eco narcissism or masochism. On balance I`d rather have an independent Scotland.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 07:24

Quote:

sammer, Wed 7 Apr 23:01

``All tactical voting does is ensure a status quo.``

Not under Salmond`s ALBA party it doesn`t. Even the Daily Mail is alive to the danger that a joint SNP/ALBA moves Scottish independence on to a different level of political reality.

Unlike both votes SNP or SNP1 GREENS2

CONSTITUENCY VOTE SNP
LIST VOTE ALBA

Or all the benefits of the Scottish Parliament will be further eroded .

REDUCTION OF THE BARNETT FORMULA

TORIES BYPASSING GOVERNMENT AND DEALING DIRECTLY WITH SCOTTISH COUNCILS.

This is just the start folks and the SNP and GREEN coalition will not deliver Independence in the next parliamentary lifetime.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:20

Working with local authorities would mean working directly with COSLA, who are effectively the Scottish Government.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:01

Quote:

jake89, Thu 8 Apr 08:20

Working with local authorities would mean working directly with COSLA, who are effectively the Scottish Government.

So do you think the Scottish government and cosla would be able to stop UK government funding directly the local councils?
Reducing the Barnett formula?
And what about the UK hub at Waverley soon to be filled with 3000+ employees, what are they going to do there?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:08

SG don't typically work directly with councils. That's what COSLA are for.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 15:17

Reducing the Barnett formula to nowt is SNP policy.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net