DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Indyref 2
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 16:57

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Indyref 2
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 18:22

I think it's extremely close to be honest and I'm on the yes side too.

Yes seem to be shading it but if the polling the SNP were doing was in any shape decisive we'd be well on our way to another referendum by now.

I think Yes would shade it but it but possibly only 52% to 48% possibly even closer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 18:26

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 18:42

No point securing a referendum unless it can be won. The Alba Party led by Salmond would be a massive hinderence in that regard.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 19:17

Absolutely. Move to soon and loose another one and you're on the road to looking like you'll have as many referendums as you can until you get the result you want.

We'd probably be looking at closer to 20 years than 10 for another one if the next one is lost.

On the Salmind front, he's definitely devisive. Even before all the recent stuff with Salmond my mum for example hated him. If he was delivering the Indy message to my mum she'd probably be a more galvanised no voter. I don't think he's the type of person to swing an undecided voter off the back of his personality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 19:55

No-one can predict. There's going to be people polled who say they'd vote one way but change their mind or were telling fibs for fear of being asked why.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 20:05

Couldn`t agree more LPF. Salmond made a decent First Minister and he had appeal to the true believers and so was an effective snp leader. His style could win elections but it can`t win referendums.

Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 20:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 20:11

Very difficult to predict at the moment it can go either way !
But I do not think we will get the permission to hold a referendum , so technically if one is held it will not count for HEE HAW we will still be in the same position as we are just now !
One thing that doesn`t sit right with me is How can we be independent if we join the EU ??
we will have to follow their rules etc so we are not really Independent

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 20:15

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 8 Apr 18:42

No point securing a referendum unless it can be won. The Alba Party led by Salmond would be a massive hinderence in that regard.

So at what point do you secure a referendum to ensure a win ?

Why do you think the Alba party would be a massive hinderence?

They certainly would be a major hinderence in five years if they continue to grow support and stand for both constituency and list seats.

CONSTITUENCY VOTE SNP
LIST VOTE ALBA
NO VOTE TORY And LABOUR
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 08:27

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 08:50

londonparsfan, the endless neverendum road started on 19 Sep 2014.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 09:39

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 9 Apr 08:50

And that was because David Cameron looked at the polls at that time and agreed to a referendum as it appeared there wasn't a hope of people voting for independence. They almost made a mistake and if it wasn't for their last minute lies and project fear they would have lost Scotland then. The thought of leaving the EU and having to apply to rejoin certainly swayed a few people in know.
I think 2014 was actually a big awakening for the people of Scotland and the independence movement have gone from strength to strength since, it wasn't the end of independence it was the beginning. Speaking to younger people now and you can see they see that there is a brighter future for Scotland away from Westminster, the only people I ever speak to that are passionately against it tend to be over 65.
It's only going to go one way now. My preference would be for a referendum around 2025, by that time the full affect of Brexit and lack of opportunities will be laid bare
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 10:24

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 9 Apr 08:50

If you have a look at the exit polling from the last referendum the most popular option for "when should the next referendum be held" was 10 years and we wouldn't be a million miles away from that if one is held in 23.

Folk are entitled to want to vote on independence as much as folk would be entitled to create a rejoin party and continually campaign for it if yes did win a referendum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 11:00

I think the Tories will just outright cheat, rig the vote go on, tell me it's beneath them.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 11:06

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 9 Apr 11:00

I think the Tories will just outright cheat, rig the vote go on, tell me it's beneath them.

Nothing is beneath the Tories
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net