DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ref2 not until after 2023 if pandemic remains
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 06:41

Well that's earlier than I expected. Brexit will be a distant memory by then.

The next time your going to hear about independence will be just before the 2024 General Election .

CONSTITUENCY VOTE SNP
LIST VOTE ALBA

https://archive.is/PzxRo

Post Edited (Fri 09 Apr 06:45)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ref2 not until after 2023 if pandemic remains
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 08:52

That'll be lockdown then.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 11:18

I actually think Sturgeon is using the pandemic to avoid or at least minimise an argument over the date of any future referendum.

As I mentioned on the other thread I think she wants internal polling to show a decisive yes lead before pulling the trigger on a referendum and it's not there yet.

In using the pandemic as an excuse she can argue she's taking a responsible position with people's health and the economic recovery and its harder for those that would want an earlier referendum to argue against that.

I don't think it's really lockdown related as we're still about to have the May elections.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 13:43

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 9 Apr 11:18

I actually think Sturgeon is using the pandemic to avoid or at least minimise an argument over the date of any future referendum.

As I mentioned on the other thread I think she wants internal polling to show a decisive yes lead before pulling the trigger on a referendum and it's not there yet.

In using the pandemic as an excuse she can argue she's taking a responsible position with people's health and the economic recovery and its harder for those that would want an earlier referendum to argue against that.

I don't think it's really lockdown related as we're still about to have the May elections.

She has ruthlessly exploited it, still has that dentist fronting up project terrify.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net