DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Devomax
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 17:05

Mentioned on another thread but worthy of its own.

It seems to me there is little appetite for it but how would voting work with 3 options? Would it simply be whichever got the highest % or would there need to be a threshold?

Could it be good to have a third option? No-one I`ve spoken to who plans to vote yes seems keen on devo-max so could it split the current no vote?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Devomax
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 20:38

Just muddies the water imo, but that is the intention. There was no third option in the Euro referendum.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 20:44

Devo Max is just stupid. Why would you leave Westminster in charge of Defence and Foreign Affairs.
The majority of Scots want rid of Trident and don`t want our young folk sent overseas to fight for American oil interests.
Westminsters handling of Foreign affairs is often sabre rattling and siding with murderous regimes like Saudi Arabia and Israel.
One of the main reasons I want Independence is so Scotland can be a positive influence on the world stage unlike the UK is currently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 20:57

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Thu 6 Jan 20:44

Devo Max is just stupid. Why would you leave Westminster in charge of Defence and Foreign Affairs.
The majority of Scots want rid of Trident and don`t want our young folk sent overseas to fight for American oil interests.
Westminsters handling of Foreign affairs is often sabre rattling and siding with murderous regimes like Saudi Arabia and Israel.
One of the main reasons I want Independence is so Scotland can be a positive influence on the world stage unlike the UK is currently.

This is why I think it`s interesting. Devomax is likely unappealing to the 50ish% wanting independence but may appeal to some no voters who see it as a reasonable halfway house.

I think if Scotland went down the devomax route it would result in people in England being very angry and demanding their own independence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 21:43

Tory Government complicit with Labour support have already stripped a Scottish government of powers under the guise of Brexit. Should we allow them the opportunity to continually do so under Devo Max. We all have a clear understanding of the lies, misinterpretation and and underhanded methods at play all the way through the brexit campaign. Never trust a Tory and never trust anyone with a branch office mentality.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 20:54

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/12/nicola-sturgeons-motivation/

So this is where the devomax question originates from...naughty Chris Hanlon

Post Edited (Fri 07 Jan 21:03)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net