DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next UK PM?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 14:40

Let`s assume that Boris Johnson is now toast and if he doesn`t have the brains to jump he will be unceremoniously dumped by Tory MPs, fearful that their lame duck leader will lose the next GE. A woman (Kate Williams?) admitted on RS yesterday that the PM should resign but hopes he will stay on because "There are no credible alternatives in the (Tory) party." 😨

I believe Sunak would be a shoo in if he was white, but the Tories MPs have a real dilemma facing them since Liz Truss is the other main candidate, so they`ll have to balance England`s rampant racism against the nation`s institutional sexism.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next UK PM?
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 16:25

Sunak was conspicuous by his absence from the front bench yesterday, was he also at the party as it was in his back garden as well?

Liz Truss, heaven help us!🤔😷🤮🤢🤯😱
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 18:42

The sexism and racism is not a big issue within the Conservative Party though, GG. They have had two female leaders, both who served as PM, and about three of their best known cabinet ministers are of Asian heritage. The Labour Party for all its talk of diversity and standing up for the underdog has a less impressive record on that front.

Johnson is now at the Peter Grant stage of his leadership and will surely be gone by the summer. Truss would be good news for the Labour Party since she probably has the ability to annoy most sections of the British public most of the time. Sunak, as a millionaire, could be presented to the credulous UK voter as a man too rich to need to take part in corruption. It’s worked for the Queen.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 19:23

Quote:

sammer, Thu 13 Jan 18:42

The sexism and racism is not a big issue within the Conservative Party though, GG. They have had two female leaders, both who served as PM, and about three of their best known cabinet ministers are of Asian heritage. The Labour Party for all its talk of diversity and standing up for the underdog has a less impressive record on that front.

Johnson is now at the Peter Grant stage of his leadership and will surely be gone by the summer. Truss would be good news for the Labour Party since she probably has the ability to annoy most sections of the British public most of the time. Sunak, as a millionaire, could be presented to the credulous UK voter as a man too rich to need to take part in corruption. It’s worked for the Queen.

I would contend that sexism and racism is rife among large swathes of the electorate, sammer and Tory MPs must be mindful not to appoint a successor to Johnson who would lose them even more votes than the Blustering Buffoon himself. Sadly, I can`t see the Labour Party making enough of an impression to win the next GE. Perhaps they can get their act together for the one after next?

In response to L.A. I`ve had a look at the latest odds:-

Sunak 2/1
Truss 3/1
8/1 bar.

I think we can rule out the likes of Rees-Mogg and Gove, the offspring of Mr Bean and a salamander...... allegedly. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 21:52

Bar would be the better option, rest are just wooden!🤔😷🤣🤣❤
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 22:12

Live footage of Tory leadership candidates being selected - NSFW, contains a naughty word.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net