DAFC.net
Home 12 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Council tax rises
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 09:36

Suggestions to impose massive rises in the higher bands. It`s almost like the SNP don`t want to lead the country! Council tax has already risen massively over the past few years and I can`t see rise of between 7.5 and 22.5% on the higher bands being popular. Most higher band homes in places like Dunfermline aren`t even that big/expensive so they`re really screwing people.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Council tax rises
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 10:14

Taxes are seldom popular with the people they are levied against.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 10:22

Quote:

jake89, Thu 13 Jul 09:36

Suggestions to impose massive rises in the higher bands. It`s almost like the SNP don`t want to lead the country! Council tax has already risen massively over the past few years and I can`t see rise of between 7.5 and 22.5% on the higher bands being popular. Most higher band homes in places like Dunfermline aren`t even that big/expensive so they`re really screwing people.

I think it only affects 25% of the homes in Scotland and I`d doubt if many of them are nuSNP/ Green supporters

The other 75% won`t be having any increase.
What`s not to like about it ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 11:14

The people in Morningside had council tax freeze for years and years. They get free prescriptions, free Uni for their kids, baby boxes, bus pass at sixty..and they don’t vote SNP?
Jings, talk about ingratitude!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 11:36

From the Herald so probably a bit yoon slanted...

https://archive.is/YQhwL
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 13:16

Quote:

Tenruh, Thu 13 Jul 10:22

Quote:

jake89, Thu 13 Jul 09:36

I think it only affects 25% of the homes in Scotland and I`d doubt if many of them are nuSNP/ Green supporters

The other 75% won`t be having any increase.
What`s not to like about it ?

"Only" affects a quarter of the country who were already squeezed just 5-6 years ago with a massive increase. I seem to recall the SNP vowed to abolish council tax! 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 13:53

That was only about 15 years ago, these things take time y’know

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net