DAFC.net
Home 16 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Freeports brings Fracking
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 18:38

Apparently the above doesn`t need to comply with existing legislation and the control of the area they fall into isn`t controlled by the Scottish Government.

Jim Radcliffe has started the wheels in motion to revisit Fracking...makes you wonder if the closure of Grangemouth is to make way for another enterprise.

The Freeport agenda has been pushed by both Michael Gove and Kate Forbes.

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/04/29/the-burning-question-freeports/#respond

Post Edited (Mon 29 Apr 19:00)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Freeports brings Fracking
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 19:12

This isn`t new. The Freeport effectively makes a massive area of Scotland lawless. The area covered conveniently takes in Mossmorran (as well as all of Dunfermline and the west of Edinburgh). There have been various events held by SNP supporters about it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 19:28

This is a comment lifted from a discussion elsewhere....

Have you overlooked that Kate Forbes is hand-in-hand with Michael Gove about freeports and Special Economic Zones [SEZ]?

Those zones are autonomous states – don’t pay business rates or taxes, workers have no rights, fracking will be allowed. The entire central belt falls within a SEZ and the Forth freeport. Add in the NE SEZ in and around Aberdeen and the Cromarty Firth freeport area [includes Inverness] and there is no major economic area ;left paying rates or tax.

I wouldn’t let Kate Forbes anywhere near the powers of government. Remember too that she is one of those selected by the USA as one of their “friends” abroad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 20:12

Quote:

Tenruh, Mon 29 Apr 19:28

This is a comment lifted from a discussion elsewhere....

Have you overlooked that Kate Forbes is hand-in-hand with Michael Gove about freeports and Special Economic Zones [SEZ]?

Those zones are autonomous states – don’t pay business rates or taxes, workers have no rights, fracking will be allowed. The entire central belt falls within a SEZ and the Forth freeport. Add in the NE SEZ in and around Aberdeen and the Cromarty Firth freeport area [includes Inverness] and there is no major economic area ;left paying rates or tax.

I wouldn’t let Kate Forbes anywhere near the powers of government. Remember too that she is one of those selected by the USA as one of their “friends” abroad

Tenruh getting in his anti-Forbes posts early
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Apr 20:42

The Freeport`s/Greenports cover 3 of the 8 cities (Dunfermline, part of Edinburgh and Inverness). They don`t include Aberdeen. They also don`t include Glasgow or anywhere on the west coast. So the main impact is really around Dunfermline and Edinburgh.

I don`t really understand how they work but it sounds a bit like "We`ll give you a load of jobs and boost the economy, but in return we`ll give you no tax". A bit like how companies used to be given money to set up shop in Scotland but with probably a lot more scope for abuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 09:48

Was the sale of Edinburgh Airport not instigated by the Freeport vision?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 11:54

I would doubt it. BlackRock didn`t buy the airport, they bought the entire GIP portfolio. GIP then sold off half of Edinburgh Airport to Vinci who owns Gatwick and Belfast.

There`s a lot of theories but these are being fed by the lack of clarity over plans for these ports. They`re essentially legalised tax dodges. I`d hoped it would mean the land owned by Scarborough Muir might finally get developed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 1 May 08:44

Quote:

Tenruh, Mon 29 April

Change of mind from your I`m with Kate thread then!!!!!
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 1 May 09:21

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 1 May 08:44

Quote:

Tenruh, Mon 29 April

Change of mind from your I`m with Kate thread then!!!!!

If its Kate or Devo John who would you vote for ?

I did say, If its a donkey 🫏 or horse 🐎 race...

Post Edited (Wed 01 May 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 1 May 12:42

I`ve already said who I feel should get it in your Kate thread.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 13:27

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/05/01/secrecy-and-green-freeports-prepare-to-be-shocked/#respond
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net