DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 10 Years ago
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 14:53

So tomorrow marks the 10th anniversary since we made the biggest mistake in our history. Doesn`t time fly.

I wonder how all the other small independent European countries manage ? Many of them with only a fraction of the natural resources Scotland has.....its a mystery eh ?

If we had voted yes we would have been spared BrexIt, Bungling Boris, The Lettuce and Slimy Sunak and not forgetting the Red Tories who in a few short weeks seem to be outdoing the Blue ones.

I could go on a long rant about things but I will keep it short.

Ask yourselves this question. Are things better now than they were 10 years ago or worse?

IMHO, its patently obvious that they are worse. The NHS is worse, the economy is certainly no better, people are struggling more financially now than they were, poverty is up, food banks are up, gap between rich and poor has become a chasm, disposable income is down, violent crime ( in England ) is out of control, in fact I am struggling to think of anything that is better now that it was then. All the promises we were made....broken.
Pensioners in one of the worlds most resource rich countries not being able to heat their homes. Its a disgrace.

None of the above surprises me in the slightest as I never fell for their propaganda and lies.

But we are reaping the rewards ( cough, cough ) for our naivety and yes, stupidity. We are getting what we deserve.

People are so unhappy with life in the UK these days that if it was not for Brexit there would be hundreds of inflatables going in the opposite direction across the Channel.

The UK is in a mess. Its not going to get better for ordinary folks anytime soon, if at all.

It is so bad now that the UK is basically like Greece without the Sun.

Well done No voters

What an opportunity we missed.......

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 10 Years ago
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 17:48

Quote:

desparado, Fri 13 Sept 14:53

So tomorrow marks the 10th anniversary since we made the biggest mistake in our history. Doesn`t time fly.

I wonder how all the other small independent European countries manage ? Many of them with only a fraction of the natural resources Scotland has.....its a mystery eh ?

If we had voted yes we would have been spared BrexIt, Bungling Boris, The Lettuce and Slimy Sunak and not forgetting the Red Tories who in a few short weeks seem to be outdoing the Blue ones.

I could go on a long rant about things but I will keep it short.

Ask yourselves this question. Are things better now than they were 10 years ago or worse?

IMHO, its patently obvious that they are worse. The NHS is worse, the economy is certainly no better, people are struggling more financially now than they were, poverty is up, food banks are up, gap between rich and poor has become a chasm, disposable income is down, violent crime ( in England ) is out of control, in fact I am struggling to think of anything that is better now that it was then. All the promises we were made....broken.
Pensioners in one of the worlds most resource rich countries not being able to heat their homes. Its a disgrace.

None of the above surprises me in the slightest as I never fell for their propaganda and lies.

But we are reaping the rewards ( cough, cough ) for our naivety and yes, stupidity. We are getting what we deserve.

People are so unhappy with life in the UK these days that if it was not for Brexit there would be hundreds of inflatables going in the opposite direction across the Channel.

The UK is in a mess. Its not going to get better for ordinary folks anytime soon, if at all.

It is so bad now that the UK is basically like Greece without the Sun.

Well done No voters

What an opportunity we missed.......

Can`t argue with any of that. One of the arguments I heard from a friend was that they voted No as they just were unsure of what would happen and had young kids and just couldn`t take the risk. 10 years later and it`s pretty clear there is no future for those kids
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 18:25

The important thing is that you’re not bitter about it Desparado. 😂😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 12:59

Indeed Tad, as PG Wodehouse put it “ It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine”
And the sad losers are are still whingeing!

Post Edited (Sat 14 Sep 13:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 15:07

Surely it`s easy to tell the difference between anyone and sunshine?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net