DAFC.net
Home 05 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Acorn Project
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 13:46

Has been passed over for funding for the third time. Liebour just following in the Tories footsteps. A similar project in Peterhead was promised funding if we voted No in 2014. Surprise, surprise , it was a lie and no funding materialised.

U.K. Gov can find no money for a Carbon Capture project in Scotland but can find the money for two such projects in the North of England.

It’s no surprise really as a Government will only really invest in areas where they need/want votes. They don’t need any votes in Scotland to win a GE, so we will always be at the back of the queue.

No funding forth coming either to save our only refinery. Yet U.K. Gov can find £600 million investment to help fund the billionaire Jim Ratcliffe’s pet project in Belgium ( I thought we had left the EU ), which has been described as a “ Carbon bomb “ . U.K. gov need to explain to the people of Scotland why they can invest in Belgium but not in Scotland ? Maybe one of our resident unionists can explain………

The only surprise is, I suppose, that people in Scotland were so stupid as to vote for red Red Tories expecting change. That will never happen. Well it will…..things will change and none of it will be for the betterment of our citizens or our country.

What an opportunity we missed in 2014.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Acorn Project
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 15:48

Isn`t this a devolved issue hence why before the years end the Scottish Government will be announcing if it is going ahead with a new gas burning power station with carbon capture? Of course in an independent, progressive Scotland burning fossil fuels would have been a thing of the past surely? Saudi Arabia of renewables and all that nonsense.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 18:47

There is nothing to stop the Scottish Government funding it but the carbon capture grant funding was a UK government initiative. They didn`t choose the Aberdeenshire project so that`s down to them. Was it not a similar case with Longannet? Obviously the Scottish Government could intervene but it`s already working to mitigate the disgusting cuts from the Tories and now Labour. The money simply isn`t there, which is why I`d be reviewing how big an impact free prescriptions and bus travel cost vs the benefit. I suspect neither costs much though. Sadly, serious cuts are going to be needed and it`ll be the big cost areas being hit most - health, social care, education.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 20:29

I`m ready and happy to be corrected on this but doesn`t carbon capture have to where fossil burning power stations are and there is only one of them in Scotland and many more in England.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 22:58

There is zero evidence the Carbon Dioxide that makes up 0.044% of the atmosphere (Little more than a rounding error) has anything to do with the climate.

It`s very important for plant growth though, that`s why the earth is a lot greener since the slight increase in CO2 in the atmosphere due to the industrial revolution and volcanic eruptions.

The climate scam is consigning your decedents to poverty while is purveyors keep their cars, pets and private jets while chomping on steaks and puffing on big fat cigars.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 00:27

Prove it
Edit: That the earth is a lot greener

Post Edited (Sat 05 Oct 00:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 11:35

Quote:

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks
Date: Sat 5 Oct 00:27

Prove it
Edit: That the earth is a lot greener

Every gardener with a greenhouse knows that heat combined with higher CO2 increases plant yield.

Beyond my anecdotal ramblings, is Yale University OK for you?

https://shorturl.at/dfYX2

Post Edited (Sat 05 Oct 11:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 12:21

So you are literally using the greenhouse effect to deny the impact of the Greenhouse Effect on the climate!!
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 13:01

Mensae conversae, circumversae.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 14:07

Yale university? Would that research have been done by scientists because if so I`m glad you are listening to them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 14:18

Of course I`m not listening to them, but you are.

I don`t need to listen to them, I have the lived experience of a greenhouse and CO2 enrichment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 14:24

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Sat 5 Oct 14:18

Of course I`m not listening to them, but you are.

I don`t need to listen to them, I have the lived experience of a greenhouse and CO2 enrichment.

I know you love this bollocks, but CO2 isn`t even the most harmful greenhouse gas, just the most common in the atmosphere.

I`d love a little Fact Checker on the Internet to correct right wing anti-science crap
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 15:25

Water vapour is the most common greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 17:21

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Sat 5 Oct 15:25

Water vapour is the most common greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

Have a lie down mate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 17:28

Concentration in the Atmosphere (By Percentage)

Water Vapor: 0.2% to 4% (varies).
Carbon Dioxide: 0.041%.
Methane: 0.00019%.
Nitrous Oxide: 0.00003%.
Ozone: 0.000004%.
CFCs, HFCs, SF₆, PFCs: Trace levels (ppt).

From the NASA Website.

Water vapor is Earth’s most abundant greenhouse gas. It’s responsible for about half of Earth’s greenhouse effect — the process that occurs when gases in Earth’s atmosphere trap the Sun’s heat.

Greenhouse gases keep our planet livable. Without them, Earth’s surface temperature would be about 59 degrees Fahrenheit (33 degrees Celsius) colder. Water vapor is also a key part of Earth’s water cycle: the path that all water follows as it moves around Earth’s atmosphere, land, and ocean as liquid water, solid ice, and gaseous water vapor.

https://science.nasa.gov/earth/climate-change/steamy-relationships-how-atmospheric-water-vapor-amplifies-earths-greenhouse-effect/

Post Edited (Sat 05 Oct 17:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 19:41

£22bn to be spent on 2 English projects. The SG has limited borrowing powers and cant fund to that extent and we are getting screwed everywhere. Of course an Independent Scotland could provide opportunites.

When Longannet closed and 400 jobs were lost we were promised a carbon capture project. It was just another broken promise. When that happened the only option was to close.

The absolute blatant back stabbing comes from the fact that Longannet had to pay £40 million a year to access the grid. If it was based in the south of England it would have actually got a subsidy.

The further south you go the grid charges reduce. The further north you go the grid charges increase. It is a total rip-off. As ever Scotland is losing out.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net