DAFC.net
Home 26 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Israel attacks Iran
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 00:19

Israel has launched an attack on Iran. Al Jazeera reports several explosions in Tehran. The war has begun.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Israel attacks Iran
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 01:01

Too soon to tell Oz. Could be another face saving exercise like the previous Iranian attacks on Israel. Well telegraphed ahead of time allowing each side to claim a win of sorts and then de-escalate. Of course if it`s went further than that then it`s pretty sure sign that Netanyahu is confident of a Trump victory in ten days time.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 01:22

Yes, you could well be right. Iran is saying only military targets were hit, and they seem to be downplaying the level of impact. Something worth noting was how slowly the mainstream media picked up the attacks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 02:59

If it weren`t so serious, it would be laughable. Images and films of the Tehran attack are available online now, and it looks like the Iranian air defence systems stood up well to the Israeli assault. Coupled with the news that Israel has announced a "two-week" withdrawal of its ground forces from southern Lebanon after enormous casualties inflicted by Hezbollah, this is not a good day for Netanyahu, Gallant, and co.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 08:58

As Sun Tzu probably never said `always leave your enemy a golden bridge to retreat across`. Iran would be wise to take that bridge now or maybe it Israel that is taking that opportunity. Maybe they both are. Besides Iran needs to steel itself against the now very likely return of Donald Trump to the Whitehouse.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 10:03

I doubt there will be much difference between Harris and Trump on the question of support for Israel.

As one woman put it on Twitter/x, "Israel`s attack is like having sex with Ben Shapiro: he claims to have penetrated, but you feel nothing."

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Oct 11:16

According to reports earlier this year there were Iranian plots active to assassinate Trump in retaliation for the killing of the IRG leader when Trump was president. I could imagine Trump would be the sort of person to take that threat quite personally. Of course Trump would have to run any action past Putin first.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net