DAFC.net
Home 26 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Remedial action to address issues caused by long links
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 2 Apr 00:06

There was recently a need to start a second thread on a topic as the number of long links posted onto the original thread were causing problems for folk not using the app.
Until this issue is resolved we would be grateful if you could use a link shortener if you are posting a long link.
Link shortners are available on Google play if you're on android... I'm assuming it's the same for iPhones.
They're easy to use... And it will save a whole heap of trouble on the desktop version as this was where the trouble was.
I've just downloaded one from Google play and it seems easy to use.... (I'm not exactly a techy guy so if I can do it, it's easy peasy) So please think before posting excessively long links as they might have to be removed until the issue is fixed.
Thank you kindly.
The admin lot
Apparently there are other ways to shorten links... Please post them here so others may follow suit.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Remedial action to address issues caused by long links
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 2 Apr 09:19

Topic Originator: onandupthepars like | nolike
Date: Wed 1 Apr 22:51

I'm having a go:

1 -

square bracket url=https://dafc.net/forum/list.php?f=7 square bracket

2 -

square bracket url=https://dafc.net/forum/list.php?f=7 squarebracket off topic

3 - as above, plus square bracket /url square bracket on the end.

If I've done it right this should be a hot-link:

off topic

It has worked. Where I've used the words 'square bracket' I mean use the symbol [ or ]. No spaces between any of it.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Apr 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net