DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Combat Rock + Troops Of Tomorrow @ Windsor Kirkcaldy 26/02/22
Topic Originator: RSP  
Date:   Sat 12 Feb 20:32

*2 WEEKS TO GO UNTIL THIS GIG*

Rubber Stamp Promotions have got a superb night of Punk booked in at the Windsor Hotel Kirkcaldy, so if you love The Clash don’t miss this gig on Saturday the 26th of February!

Combat Rock - The Ultimate Clash Tribute headline with support from local favourites Troops Of Tomorrow🎶

Doors open at 7pm and tickets can be purchased in advance from the Windsor bar and Ticketweb priced £8.
https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/combat-rock-the-windsor-hotel-tickets/11402045

Combat Rock play a range of songs from the first four albums plus some singles’ B-sides including Rock the Casbah, I Fought the Law, Should I Stay or Should I Go, Bankrobber, London Calling, Train in Vain, Guns of Brixton, Janie Jones, English Civil War, Straight to Hell, The Card Cheat and many others. The band are capable of playing up to two hours non-stop🎶

Check out the video of the band on stage at SWG3 Glasgow🎶
https://youtu.be/cuiHe2A7gdo

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Combat Rock + Troops Of Tomorrow @ Windsor Kirkcaldy 26/02/22
Topic Originator: RSP  
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 22:01

The next Rubber Stamp Promotions gig is this superb night of Punk at the Windsor Hotel Kirkcaldy, so if you love The Clash don’t miss this one on Saturday the 26th of February!

Doors open at 7pm and the age limit for this gig is 18+. The Windsor has a limited amount of tickets priced £8 for sale from the bar, so be quick if you want to purchase one of those! On the door price is £10 and you can also purchase tickets in advance from the Ticketweb link below.

https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/combat-rock-the-windsor-hotel-tickets/11402045

Combat Rock - The Ultimate Clash Tribute were formed in Glasgow in 1997 by Mark Hannaway, a lifelong Clash fan. They quickly started to gig around Central Scotland leading to some major support slots in 2000 including Stiff Little Fingers in the Barrowlands, Glasgow and The Stranglers in Devon.

Following a personnel change in 2002 the band embarked on more gigs further from home in venues such as TJs in Newport and Queens Hall in Belfast (supporting The Buzzcocks).

Since 2002 the band has headlined the annual Joe Strummer Tribute night in King Tut’s, Glasgow to a full house every time - they have now played in King Tut`s more times than any other band!!! So far, 17 times! Between then and 2012 they have supported Stiff Little Fingers six times in the legendary Barrowlands in front of a very receptive crowd. Recently (2019) they supported The Skids and Big Country in SWG3, Glasgow. In 2004 they were invited to play at the inaugural ‘Strummercamp’ alongside The Specials, The Beat, Goldblade plus others, while in 2009 they opened the show in Glasgow’s Carling Academy in the ‘Anarchy in the Academy Tour’ supporting The Damned, The Rezillos, The Meteors and GBH.

Combat Rock play a range of songs from the first four albums plus some singles’ B-sides including Rock the Casbah, I Fought the Law, Should I Stay or Should I Go, Bankrobber, London Calling, Train in Vain, Guns of Brixton, Janie Jones, English Civil War, Straight to Hell, The Card Cheat and many others. The band will be playing a 90 minute set at this one🎶

Local favourites Troops of tomorrow will be opening up the gig with an hour long set of songs from the likes of, The Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols and Sham 69 to name but a few, so get in early for their set🎶

https://youtu.be/n2du8RaxYeU

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net