DAFC.net
Home 21 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserves today v Livi
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 10:55

From COWS :-

cinch SPFL Reserve League, Tuesday 2nd April 2024, kick off 1.00pm at Ainslie Park Stadium.

The Reserve League is made up of nine teams who play each other once. Queen`s Park are currently top on 18 points from seven games but they can be overtaken by Kilmarnock, Hibs and Dundee. Dunfermline have six points from five games, they occupy seventh place and in this match they faced eighth placed Livingston.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserves today v Livi
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 12:09

Is this a league game or the final?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 12:55

Description suggests it`s just a League game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 13:00

Team of youngsters with Taylor Sutherland as captain. Livi have Bruce Anderson and David Carson in their team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 13:54

The lads seem to be doing OK :-

The Premier League club took the lead following a ninth minute corner from the right that Calan LEDINGHAM divert low into the Dunfermline net.

On the quarter hour, Anderson showed his impressive footwork to brush off his marker and test Max Little with a fine net bound shot that the Pars keeper turned over his crossbar. Dunfermline got right back in the match with a well worked goal in 21 minutes. Freddie Rowe’s clever touch played Sutherland into the box. The ball returned to Rowe who then tried to tee up Sutherland in front of goal but faced with defence he switched the ball to his left where Liam MIDDLETON calmly finished. 1-1

A Ewan McLeod pass put Sutherland through to blast a shot on target from the right but keeper Jack Hamilton blocked the well connected effort. Either side of the half hour mark Dunfermline retained useful possession to frustrate their opponents, completing strings of passes and beating off challenges. In 34 minutes Jake Rennie won possession on the left still on his own half but broke towards the centre circle from where he sent Middleton through on Hamilton but the keeper was able to direct the shot wide for a corner.

Two minutes later and Sutherland drove an effort over the bar and then as Dunfermline really turned up the pressure Rowe from 20 yards made Hamilton save at full stretch to his right.

Daniel Mackay created a rare Livi chance in 44 minutes driving in from the left to fire narrowly outside the far post. The teams would go in on level terms but Dunfermline had been the better team in the first half.

Half time: Dunfermline Reserves 1 Livingston Reserves 1

DUNFERMLINE: Max Little, Kian McHale, Sam Young, John Tod, Conley Adamson, Ewan McLeod, Michael Beagley, Jake Rennie, Freddie Rowe, Liam Middleton, Taylor Sutherland (c)
SUBS NOT USED: Mark Beveridge, Jay Snoddy, Leo Evans, Thomas Margetts (GK)
SCORERS: Middleton (21

LIVINGSTON: Jack Hamilton, Tommy Sharp, Junior McQuilken, Calan Ledingham, Mohammad Sangare, Sam Culbert, Daniel Mackay, David Carson, Bruce Anderson, Trialist, Kurtis Guthrie
SUBS NOT USED: Joe McQuire, Harvey Petrie, Corey Kirk, Dean Rappozzoh, Che Reilly, Sam Featherstone, Kohn Binnie
SCORERS: Ledingham (9)
YELLOW CARD: Ledingham (26)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 14:25

2-2 now; Taylor Sutherland scored in 48 mins but Kurtis Guthrie equalised in 57 mins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 15:00

Finished 2-2. Pars used all their subs including 15 year-old goalkeeper Thomas Margetts.

DUNFERMLINE: Max Little (Thomas Margetts 75), Kian McHale, Sam Young, John Tod (Leo Evans 75), Conley Adamson, Ewan McLeod, Michael Beagley, Jake Rennie, Freddie Rowe, Liam Middleton (Jay Snoddy 75), Taylor Sutherland (c) (Mark Beveridge 84)
SUBS NOT USED:
SCORERS: Middleton (21, Sutherland (48)

LIVINGSTON: Jack Hamilton, Tommy Sharp, Junior McQuilken, Calan Ledingham, Mohammad Sangare (John Binnie HT), Sam Culbert, Daniel Mackay (Che Reilly 68), David Carson (Harvey Petrie 68), Bruce Anderson, Trialist (Dean Rappozzoh 50), Kurtis Guthrie.
SUBS NOT USED: Joe McQuire, Corey Kirk, Sam Featherstone
SCORERS: Ledingham (9), Guthrie (57)
YELLOW CARD: Ledingham (26)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 16:13

Was Little subbed to give the young fella experience or because of injury?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 16:52

I think to give Margetts experience, jake. There were three subs made in the 75th minute which cleared the bench apart from Mark Beveridge who replaced Taylor Sutherland in the 84th minute..

Post Edited (Tue 02 Apr 17:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:59

Thats a fairly strong reserve team for Livi too including McKay and Anderson so kudus to the young lads!

Question - once Rosyth is up and running will our reserves begin to play there?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 18:22

It looked to me that Little was complaining of a possible injury after the game, although it wasn`t obvious at the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 19:20

I used to enjoy going to reserve matches, if they were at Rosyth in the evenings I would go along. They tend to be during the working day and in Edinburgh these days which is no use to me
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 08:46

There`s a good post-match review of the game with coach Gary Montignani on COWS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 13:35

Interesting to read Gary’s comments.

Reserve games can be quite one sided as depending on circumstances, one team can play their youth players and the other can stuff their team with first teamers who didn’t get a game at the weekend, so I was a little bit apprehensive, especially as we lost a goal early, but once we settled we played pretty well for an hour or so.

We seem to be mimicking the first team formation – 3 centre backs (McHale, Young and J Tod at LCB), Adamson at RWB and Rennie LWB, McLeod and Beagley in the middle, and, to begin with, Rowe, T Sutherland and Middleton further forward, although I think Rowe certainly dropped deeper after a bit.

The replacements were all like for like (Margetts for Little, Evans for Tod, Snoddy for Middleton and Beveridge for Sutherland). I hadn’t seen most of them before, but it looks to me that the Academy (I assume) is churning out a load of competent, well-coached young players.

T Sutherland looks a player to me – he has tricks and strength so not only can he get away from a player, but he can hold onto the ball. He took his goal very efficiently and isn’t afraid to get shots away. He needs to find the target more often.

Beagley seemed to be well regarded when we signed him, but maybe hasn’t progressed as much, but this was the best I’ve seen him play – quick feet, moves the ball on quickly; I’d like to see more end product (but then I’m a fan, not a coach); Little too looked more reliable – pulled off a couple of good saves.

Overall, I was entertained and quite impressed – I think the last time I saw the kids one or two looked a little out of their depth – I wouldn’t say that this time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 16:25

I found myself sitting next to Taylor and Jake Sutherland`s grandfather at the 0-0 draw at Tannadice at the end of January. The two previous Saturdays we`d had home games against QP and Airdrie postponed when we were really short of players. He told me Taylor was due to start both these games. He was obviously biased but seemed pretty confident both boys had a good chance of making the grade as pros. He said Taylor wasn`t just a goalscorer but liked to take defenders on as well. I recall he came on for a few minutes at the end of that game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:04

The lads on loan at Crossgates don`t seem to be out their depth in a league with a few ex pros who still play a decent level and have legs. the formally nicknamed junior leagues used to be viewed as almost a retirement home for ex pros which doesn`t seem to be the case now with some good players who are happy at this level instead of moving to cowdenbeath level or even league 2.

Crossgates have a history of signing a few players on loan from the pars and hopefully this continues as it`s a decent standard for the young players to develop and also helping crossgates.

Out of their current loanees at Crossgates from professional teams, I rate the left back currently on loan from Dundee 1 of 2 from Dundee on loan this year. Seems to read the game well and adapts well when crossgates need to change shape midway through a game.

Sutherland who was injured for their last game but has come onto a good game since he moved. We know the potential both Sutherland`s have and it`s exciting to see him developing in a decent league.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:40

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 08:46

There`s a good post-match review of the game with coach Gary Montignani on COWS.

Thought he was our head scout? Surely he doesnt take charge of the reserves?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:46

According to COWS he is Chief Scout/First Team Operations Co-ordinator. He may be covering the reserves until they appoint someone to replace Greg Shields.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:35

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 18:46

According to COWS he is Chief Scout/First Team Operations Co-ordinator. He may be covering the reserves until they appoint someone to replace Greg Shields.

Thats worrying that our youngsters are being led by a scout and not a coach……😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:48

Isn`t it possible to be a scout AND a coach?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 20:43

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 19:48

Isn`t it possible to be a scout AND a coach?

Not on here it`s not. The .nut experts say no

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:39

I`ve heard he sometimes puts in a shift at Legends.

He also climbed up onto the main stand roof to retrieve a ball - no harness!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:56

Tbh looks like he is doing a good job with the reserves so why all the moaning?
Great to see Thomas Markets getting the last 20 mins or so in goals. Just turned 15 and has a lot of potential and is in the Scotland U16 set up.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 10:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 4 Apr 08:56

Great to see Thomas Markets getting the last 20 mins or so in goals. Just turned 15 and has a lot of potential and is in the Scotland U16 set up.

He sounds like he might be quite marketable in future
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 11:41

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 4 Apr 10:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 4 Apr 08:56

He sounds like he might be quite marketable in future

I remember the same thing being said about Cammy Gill, so hopefully he continues to progress.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 16:53

Seems like anyone who thought that was fairly Gillible...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 06:06

To be fair - Cammy sat warming our bench for 2 years when we didn`t have another back up goalie, coinciding with the reserve / U21s league being scrapped.

Remember being particularly annoyed that he wasn`t used in some of the "diddy" cup games - even tho on one occasion we were 4 up at ht!

No wonder we don`t develop players! The rest of the youngsters were able to go out on loan but Cammy had to stay.

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 06:59

From what I remember he was given a few challenge cup and then league cup games and just couldn`t make the jump in standard.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 12:47

Possibly also the case but 2 years without playing (very much) at his age wouldn`t have helped.

Spoke to him at one of the Sponsors` nights around the time & his confidence was clearly low due to the aforementioned lack of game time.

Sure at one point he was very highly thought of, not just by us so a real shame bad timing potentially cost him & us.

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 13:17

When Andy Goram did a bit of coaching at the club he spoke very highly of Cammy Gill.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net