DAFC.net
Home 30 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Englands women game
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:40

3 x useless woman’s commentators tonight which was decent….so keep them in the woman’s game and let the men do the premiership/men’s games?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Englands women game
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:44

Popcorn ready

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:48

Just listening to them is like a grassroots U13 team… 😅😅 plus the actual game is brutal to watch.. can’t run, header or defend plus the GK is brutal!

Post Edited (Tue 09 Apr 21:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:48

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 9 Apr 21:48

Just listening to them is like a grassroots U13 team… 😅😅

🧌 🥱

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:54

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 9 Apr 21:48

Just listening to them is like a grassroots U13 team… 😅😅 plus the actual game is brutal to watch.. can’t run, header or defend plus the GK is brutal!

Woooo, look at me , I`m Joey Barton 🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 21:59

Joey Barton??? What are you on about?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 22:04

I think there is an argument for having women presenters and pundits doing the womens’ games. ( lots on tv now ) and letting the men do the mens’ game ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 09 Apr 22:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 22:33

Yeah, it`s called a bad argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 22:36

Welcome to dafc.net in 1934…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 22:51

Nah Ramie is right imo… woman’s football should be done by woman commentators as they are brutal… men’s football should be done by ex professionals who have a say in the game.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 22:55

I know you’re fishing AE but I could listen to Leanne Crichton all day commentating on the men’s game.

Haven’t listened, or indeed, watched much of women’s football. Not my cuppa tea, but hope it goes from strength to strength.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 23:13

I`ve tried to watch women`s football and I don`t like it. I also don`t like some (not all) of the women who commentate on MOTD. If its deemed fair/proper to have a number of women on men`s football highlights shows etc then it doesn`t seem right that women`s football coverage has all-female commentary/pundits.

Maybe it`s just me. Either way I`m not really that arsed. I`m now following Dad`s advice and pressing mute.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 09:14

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 9 Apr 22:51

Nah Ramie is right imo… woman’s football should be done by woman commentators as they are brutal… men’s football should be done by ex professionals who have a say in the game.

Like Joey Barton and Matt Le Tissier?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 09:38

At the Olympics in the summer no doubt we`ll have the likes of Steve Cram commentating on and analysing the women`s middle distance running events. Just like when it was Brendan Foster back in the day. How could they possibly know what it is like for a woman to run 1500m or 10000m just because they once ran that exact same distance as a man?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 10:52

Ditching gender to one side, many of the best pundits are the ones who have never made it as professional footballers, but have managed to get on TV/radio because they are extremely knowledgeable and speak exceptionally well about the game.

In contrast, all of the worst `experts` are ex-players who only have the gig because they once kicked a ball about for a living.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 10:56

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 10 Apr 10:52

Ditching gender to one side, many of the best pundits are the ones who have never made it as professional footballers, but have managed to get on TV/radio because they are extremely knowledgeable and speak exceptionally well about the game.

In contrast, all of the worst `experts` are ex-players who only have the gig because they once kicked a ball about for a living.

This. 100%.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:01

There are some good commentators, there are some bad commentators. Being an ex-pro does NOT make you a good commentator. Playing for Rangers or Celtic DEFINITELY does not make you a good commentator.

Have commentators there on merit rather than who they are, what sex they are or who they played for. Fair enough bring in an ex-pro from a club when it`s a big game featuring their old team, but don`t assume they`ll be good.

Personally, I wish some of these pros who made a LOT of money in their careers would get lost and let someone whom could make a real career out of it have a go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:19

Our club legend, Roy Barry, lifted football commentary to a new level of enjoyment when he exclaimed on Pars TV, "OH, MY GIDDY AUNT !!!"

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:40

Do you think there were arguments like this before women were given the vote or allowed to pursue certain professions like medicine?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:48

That was the start of the slippery slope Wee Eck. How could a woman possibly understand, say,vhow a man`s lungs work without having breathed through a man`s lungs themselves.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 15:04

Anyone who thought dinosaurs had become extinct needs to have a read of this thread .
Leanne Chrichton talks more sense than most of those monosyllabic male ex pros put together .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 21:08

Let the woman commentate on woman’s football and men commentate on mens football. The gap is huge with how woman’s football is played as it’s brutal to watch🤷 And I’m not sexist but just saying how it is

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 21:22

Quote:

Alter Ego, Wed 10 Apr 21:08

Let the woman commentate on woman’s football and men commentate on mens football. The gap is huge with how woman’s football is played as it’s brutal to watch🤷 And I’m not sexist but just saying how it is

Maybe if people stopped comparing the games
Why should a similar sport that has been only going competitively for about 50 years be judged against one that has been played for over 100 years ??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 22:31

Quote:

Topic Originator: Parsweep
Date: Wed 10 Apr 15:04

Anyone who thought dinosaurs had become extinct needs to have a read of this thread .

Leanne Chrichton talks more sense than most of those monosyllabic male ex pros put together .

If the quality of Ms Chrichton`s punditry was representative of female punditry as a whole, we would all be admiring the fossils.

However, it is not and there are herds of T-Rexes running amok.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 22:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 22:34

Well and again the woman should stick to their game tbh…. Some comments they come out with are embarrassing tbh.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 03:22

“Im not sexist, until it comes to being sexist, then Im a little bit sexist, but not much, just enough to claim that Im not sexist, so you cant call me sexist”

Fixed that for you 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 08:34

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Wed 10 Apr 22:31

Quote:

If the quality of Ms Chrichton`s punditry was representative of female punditry as a whole, we would all be admiring the fossils.

Remember . There are some absolute belters of male pundits . I give you Micah Richards , Rio Ferdinand , Jonathan Sutherland etc .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 08:45

Back in the glory days this would`ve hit 100+ posts last night. We need to do better.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 09:12

Quote:

Parsweep, Thu 11 Apr 08:34

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Wed 10 Apr 22:31

Quote:

Remember . There are some absolute belters of male pundits . I give you Micah Richards , Rio Ferdinand , Jonathan Sutherland etc .

Jonathan Sutherlands a presenter not a pundit…..some of the sportsound ones can be very annoying when doing Open All Mics, mainly as they dont even hide their bias towards the teams they are commentating on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 16:14

In terms of female presenters, the likes of Eilidh Barbour, Laura Woods, Ella Chenanoui (if we go to other sports - she`d be the best cycling presenter around if she imperious Gary Imlach ever retired) are all excellent. Of the commentators, Pien Mullenstein is very good (she did the Old Firm on Sunday alongside Pat Nevin on Five Live) and Vicky Sparks is decent as well. Some of the female pundits are also decent. There are fewer of them, but there are fewer female sport journalists etc in general and I can imagine it`s rough trying to get into it in the first place. The way to get into the job if you`re male is to have played for one of the Old Firm. Doesn`t matter if you can`t string a sentence together, doesn`t matter if you have nothing interesting to say.

Anyway, the biggest scandal is that STV elected to take the ITV network feed of the England game when they didn`t bother their bottom trying to get the Scotland rights (home games cost barely anything - they are currently on Alba; the away games are on BBC Scotland) just like how they show the England friendlies etc rather than trying to sub licence Scotland games from Viaplay (now Premier). That`s a bigger issue than some female commentators or pundits being at a male game or vice versa.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 20:48

Let the men’s football have male presenters and woman have female?
Woman’s football is so far behind technically etc so leave it how it was. I can’t watch a full 90 mins of a woman’s top tier game as there are so many mistakes/goalkeepers just stand there etc….That’s not sexist or whatever anyone says but the woman’s game/commentators are brutal?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 20:58

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 11 Apr 20:48

Let the men’s football have male presenters and woman have female?
Woman’s football is so far behind technically etc so leave it how it was. I can’t watch a full 90 mins of a woman’s top tier game as there are so many mistakes/goalkeepers just stand there etc….That’s not sexist or whatever anyone says but the woman’s game/commentators are brutal?

You do know that the pointy thing that comes with the telly can be used to change the channel yeah?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 21:25

😅 but I pay to watch this so I’m entitled to an opinion?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 22:10

It should only be men who have played professionally and support one of the teams playing who should be allowed to commentate. At least 10 years season tickets should be provided as evidence and/or a club tattoo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 22:28

I remember when Caroline Weir came on the international scene some posters were on here remembering how she used to join in kickabouts with the boys in Dunfermline. None of them could get the ball off her.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 22:54

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 11 Apr 21:25

😅 but I pay to watch this so I’m entitled to an opinion?

You don’t pay to watch it though - you pay to subscribe to 9 channels that you can pick from….so pick another channel
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 23:13

Telling him to what to do, what to watch, how to think. Nice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:41

I`ve got to admit the women`s game has come on leaps and bounds, but it can still be frustrating to watch. Sometimes players can do something extremely skillful, then the next time they get the ball they can balloon a straightforward pass into the crowd. The goalies are pretty bad too, I think not helped by being physically smaller than the male counterparts. Probably the game could be helped by having smaller goals and pitches.

I think in general though, it`s a good thing that girls have good role models and now have a route into professional football. When I was a kid, my cousin was probably one of the best footballers male or female in our year at school, but at that time they didn`t have teams locally she could play in.

The only ironic thing is now they can make money about it, it`s at a time that third rate male players will be starting to self identify as being women and take over the women`s game
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net