DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Meanwhile back in Scotland
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 06:48

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/09/meanwhile-back-in-scotland/?fbclid=IwAR3xLna-vlROYKVCWOSbQfifZIAWwPjGER5k-cNnqNGy_zy_NyuMG6mU_C0
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Meanwhile back in Scotland
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 09:24

Interesting analysis regarding the polling data but then he starts rambling on about `culture wars` and you quickly see why he doesn`t support the SNP and it`s got nothing to do with their how they aim to achieve independence.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 16:35

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 1 Oct 09:24

Interesting analysis regarding the polling data but then he starts rambling on about `culture wars` and you quickly see why he doesn`t support the SNP and it`s got nothing to do with their how they aim to achieve independence.

How do they aim to achieve Independence?
I`ve been waiting for it since 2014 and they`ve pulled the plug on this month`s referendum promise .

https://wingsoverscotland.com/not-long-now/

Ever get the feeling you`ve been cheated?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 16:57

Quote:

Tenruh, Sun 1 Oct 16:35

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 1 Oct 09:24

How do they aim to achieve Independence?
I`ve been waiting for it since 2014 and they`ve pulled the plug on this month`s referendum promise .

https://wingsoverscotland.com/not-long-now/

Ever get the feeling you`ve been cheated?

How would you "LEGALLY" (This is the important bit you continue to ignore) achieve Indy? There is no option without authorisation from Westminster
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 19:21

I must say I`m surprised that the independence movement hasn`t made a bigger issue over the fact that there is no democratic route out of the Union for Scotland that isn`t in the gift of a Unionist party. Let`s face it the media aren`t going to make a fuss about it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 19:37

That`s the biggest issue. We`ve had many years of SNP rule yet no further forward in terms of the independence they allegedly represent.

I`m essentially the people the article refers to.

I`m always clear that I lean towards independence but I don`t like the SNP. That said, I don`t think any of the mainstream parties would do any better. I believe Keir Starmer has just said Scotland couldn`t be independent as it couldn`t even sort the deposit return scheme...the one Westminster vetoed. Sort of making a case for independence there!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 19:49

Starmer honestly wouldn`t stand out if he was a Tory frontbencher. Labour are dead to the left wing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 20:28

We`ve all been getting told over the last 9 years vote SNP for independence.

When Sturgeon promised us it would take place on 19/10/2023 what changed ? She had plenty time to prepare.

What groundwork was put in place to promise that date?

What has the 90+ SNP parlamentarians done over the last 10 years to further the cause of Independence?

Don`t know about you guys but I certainly feel I`ve been cheated.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 20:38

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 1 Oct 19:49

Starmer honestly wouldn`t stand out if he was a Tory frontbencher. Labour are dead to the left wing

Don`t disagree with that, but the tories have been in power now for so long they have ran out of road and Corbyn was to big a threat so Starmer is the continuity candidate for the establishment.
A bit like what has happened in Scotland except we`ve got the Greens.

As a previous FM said, show you can run a competent government and the people will back you . The next 18 months will confirm how the public feels about the Green/SNP coalition.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 21:32

Why has the SNP parliamentary groups not been able to produce this kind of work ? They`ve had nearly 10 years to do so and what have they achieved.

https://commonweal.scot/policies/direction-short/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 2 Oct 09:11

You’ve got to take to the streets.

Dougie Chapman is showing the way - in Barcelona it must be said but it’s a start!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net