DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 On the case
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 13:59

Aamas Anwar, the lawyer representing Scottish Covid bereaved families, is asking serious questions about WhatsApp messages deleted by Scotgov ministers and officials.

The UK Covid enquiry is currently filleting hapless Westminster individuals as well.

I mention Aamas in particular for his quip on the Hoyrood shanagins - “ what were they talking to each other about? The weather?

Today Holyrood will debate the issue, apart from Scoot who perhaps has an urgent beard trimming appt…

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: On the case
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 16:26

It deletes your WhatsApp history when you reinstall the app. The question isn`t why they were deleted, it`s why weren`t they held in an archive.

What we`re seeing coming out is just how absolutely awful Johnson was/is and also that Scottish Labour can`t be trusted as they supported him just to undermine Nicola Sturgeon/SNP. Petty scumbags playing politics with people`s lives.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:03

Quote:

jake89, Tue 31 Oct 16:26

It deletes your WhatsApp history when you reinstall the app. The question isn`t why they were deleted, it`s why weren`t they held in an archive.

What we`re seeing coming out is just how absolutely awful Johnson was/is and also that Scottish Labour can`t be trusted as they supported him just to undermine Nicola Sturgeon/SNP. Petty scumbags playing politics with people`s lives.

You can`t set up WhatsApp to delete messages after a set time period. Options are delete after 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days.

I have mine set to 90 days as standard for all but close friends.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:04

I know, to think Saint Nicola virtually eradicated the virus up here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:22

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 31 Oct 17:04

I know, to think Saint Nicola virtually eradicated the virus up here.

Certainly saved a lot more lives than the twats down South!🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:33

Having listened to Shona Robison`s statement on the Scottish government`s policy on WhatsApp messages I must say the standard of opposition at Holyrood is appalling. Both Douglas Ross and Jackie Baillie asked their questions from prepared notes with no regard to the explanations they had already been given. I could have answered most of the subsequent questions asked by backbenchers because I had listened to the opening statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:45

Running a country should be,as always before,with written data of everything which should be stored to allow examination.
I`m pretty sure that whatsapp have records of all messages somewhere for quite a few years back but possibly threats about what would happen if they released them have ensured the secrecy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 17:56

Did you listen to the statement? As I understood it ministers and officials had to ensure that any significant matters on WhatsApp which were relevant to government were transferred elsewhere in the system to ensure they were actioned where necessary. It was only inconsequential matters which were deleted. Nicola Sturgeon has just confirmed she wasn`t a member of any WhatsApp Covid groups.

What really annoys me about this is the way the media break stories which are no more than allegations and we never know what the sources of these claims are.

Post Edited (Tue 31 Oct 18:04)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 19:59

Quote:

donj, Tue 31 Oct 17:45

Running a country should be,as always before,with written data of everything which should be stored to allow examination.
I`m pretty sure that whatsapp have records of all messages somewhere for quite a few years back but possibly threats about what would happen if they released them have ensured the secrecy.

WhatsApp do not store messages after they have been deleted by users.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 22:08

Quote:

donj, Tue 31 Oct 17:45

It may have changed, but in the Scottish Government all official meetings and whatnot were logged and held in a system. This includes things like emails and minutes/action notes. I`m not aware of WhatsApp logs or if the same rules/approach were applied for the Scottish Parliament.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 05:12

WhatsApp a great way to hide FOI requests .
The Scottish Executive were well versed prior to 2020 on the benefits of using WhatsApp, just ask the Alphabettys or John Swinney.

See he turned up with Sturgeon yesterday when she was getting interviewed by the BBC
Bit of a comfort blanket the redactor.

https://robinmcalpine.org/whatsapp-corruption-was-in-plain-sight-from-the-beginning/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 07:40

Tenruh, you`re genuinely going to have to stop using these ridiculous nicknames. Your posts are incoherent. I`m just hoping the term you`ve used there isn`t for who I think as if it is then you should be expecting a card for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 07:49

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 Nov 07:40

Tenruh, you`re genuinely going to have to stop using these ridiculous nicknames. Your posts are incoherent. I`m just hoping the term you`ve used there isn`t for who I think as if it is then you should be expecting a card for it.

I assumed from what he had written there Tenruh/ Parsboiled had used "alphabetty" as a homophobic slur against LGBT+ people
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 08:47

I saw it as the alphabet women of jigsaw identification fame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:40

Quote:

parsfan, Wed 1 Nov 08:47

I saw it as the alphabet women of jigsaw identification fame.

Correct
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:47

Quote:

Alphabetties, the famous few who were given letters of the alphabet to hide their identities in the Salmond trial.
The same individuals who`s correspondence with each other was through WhatsApp.
Robin MacAlpine covers it in the attached article.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 09:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:55

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 1 Nov 07:49

Quote:

I assumed from what he had written there Tenruh/ Parsboiled had used "alphabetty" as a homophobic slur against LGBT+ people

The same wager I made to another poster is available to you if you want to accept it ?

If I`m the same person posting with the 2 usernames I`ll donate £1000 to the lift fund.
If you`re wrong you donate £100
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:52

I could fair down a tin of alphabetti spaghetti on toast right now…!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 13:06

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 1 Nov 09:47

Quote:

Alphabetties, the famous few who were given letters of the alphabet to hide their identities in the Salmond trial.
The same individuals who`s correspondence with each other was through WhatsApp.
Robin MacAlpine covers it in the attached article.

Maybe just say that instead of using daft nicknames? 🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 13:06

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 1 Nov 09:55

Quote:

Quote:

The same wager I made to another poster is available to you if you want to accept it ?

If I`m the same person posting with the 2 usernames I`ll donate £1000 to the lift fund.

How would propose to evidence this?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 14:05

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 Nov 13:06

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 1 Nov 09:55

Quote:

Quote:

How would propose to evidence this?

You want a go also ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 15:03

No, I`m querying how you would evidence being different people.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 15:22

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 Nov 15:03

That`s a bridge still to cross but believe me I`m super confident that the charity will receive £100, unless there`s more takers
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 17:35

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 1 Nov 15:22

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 Nov 15:03

That`s a bridge still to cross but believe me I`m super confident that the charity will receive £100, unless there`s more takers

Ever considered a role within the SNP? 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:14

Never understood these conspiracy theories on here about different usernames being the same person.

Step 1: create multiple usernames on .net
Step 3: benefit in some way

Step 2: ????

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 06:39

Step 2 add weight and support to your argument by pretending at least one other user agrees with your view, by logging in under different username and agreeing/extending what you initially posted

Seems wasted time / effort to me on a local championship teams forum, but has and I’m sure will happen again to those who feel the need for some reason

Post Edited (Thu 02 Nov 06:41)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net