Dunfermline Athletic

Pars Destroy Sad Hibees 4-1 at Easter Road

Author: Neil Farrell Date: Wednesday, 11th Sep 2002

The Pars wiped the floor with a historic 4-1 win against a sorry looking Hibs side tonight. They totally dominated the game from start to finish and should have scored a lot more...such was their dominance.

There were two changes from the team that was soundly beaten by Ranger last Sunday with Walker and Dempsey coming on for Kilgannon and Hampshire and the Pars started the game with great enthusiasm. They had a few half chances in the early stages, none of which seriously threatened the Hibs goal however.

10 minutes and 10 seconds into the match history was started when a sweet header by Brewster from an accurate Crawford cross was palmed away by keeper Tony Caig but only as far as SCOTT WALKER who made no mistake with a controlled shot for his first competitive goal in his short Pars career.

Crawford should have doubled the score on the 23rd minute when he was sent clean through from a Brewster pass with only Caig to beat, but unfortunately his shot hit straight of the keeper.

The lead WAS doubled on the 24th minute when a harmless cross from the hardworking Lee Bullen was heading straight for the keeper. CRAIG BREWSTER took nothing for granted and tried to pressurise Caig and could not believe his luck when the keeper dropped it right in front of him which gave Brewster probably the easiest goal he is going to score all season

Crawford had a similar run through the middle just a minute later, but he did exactly the same thing and shot at the keeper.

Hibs meanwhile did attack and Paatelainen should have scored at the far post on the 26th minute, pulling the shot wide when it seemed easier to score.

Dempsey was showing his prowess going forward on the 28th minute but he was brilliantly tackled inside the box.

Skipper “Nipper” Thomson was also getting forward whenever he could and he had an opportunity to score on the 31st minute but his shot was held by Caig.

The third goal for the Pars was not long in coming and it was third time lucky for STEVIE CRAWFORD just after the half-hour when he scored a brilliant goal by tricking the keeper into committing himself to the dive, dragging the ball round him and making no mistake. Are you watching Beti Voghts?

MIXU PAATELAINEN did make up for his earlier error by beating Skerla to the near post and leaving Marco Ruitenbeek with no chance four minutes before the break.

Hibernian did claim strongly for a penalty 2 minutes before the break but their appeals were heard in vain by referee Dougall who told them to get on with it.

Related Stories

views: 1,909
Story Archives

To top