DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 St Machar Thistle AFC
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 18:34

Thrashed 51-0 yesterday by AC Mill Inn Academy

They had only 8 players to the home side’s 11, no keeper and still owned the loss.

It was 19-0 the previous week between the two.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/6213995

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sun 08 Oct 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: St Machar Thistle AFC
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 23:51

My first primary school was in a little village called Inversnaid on the shores of Loch Lomond. I remember being the goalkeeper in a 16-0 defeat against a school down Aberfoyle way. The humiliation still lives with me sixty years on...

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 06:46

Sounds like they played David Hutton in goals.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 07:43

“My first primary school was in a little village called Inversnaid on the shores of Loch Lomond.”

That’s a beautiful place to grow up Oz. Do you know the poem called ‘Inversnaid’ by Gerard Manley Hopkins? If not, it’s readily available via Google.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 12:53

51-0 even in a schoolboys game is some going. They probably don`t even play 90 minutes but only an hour. If so that would be almost a goal a minute, which must be some kind of record. I remember playing in 16 and 22 nil victories in Glasgow junior BB football and although in the latter, I knocked in 8 goals, my striking partner bagged 11. Happy days!!!

I also remember walking through Inversnaid a few times. Part of the West Highland Way, I think. Very remote with a waterfall and a nearby Rob Roy`s cave.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Oct 13:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 15:05

Saw one of the goals on SM and it was like they`d never played before. Goalie was clearly an outfield player and not a good one at that. Keddied it into the net rather than diving on it. Fair play for going ahead at 7 or 8 v 11, especially against a team that was already better than them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 21:09

Played one game at primary school where we were 9-0 up at halftime. I had scored 4.
It was only a pre season friendly with our nearest neighbours. Our school didn`t want to embarrass the other school so substituted half the team (including me) at halftime. Suffice to say I wasn`t happy as I was sure I would have scored more.
We were lucky to hold on to a 9-7 win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 21:26

I played in a game where we beat North Queensferry 28-0 at under 15 level.In the return match we played a second string to give them a chance and they kept it down to 21-0!Must have been soul destroying for them-I don`t think that is allowed to happen these days?

I also recall putting 20 past Blairgowrie at under 21 level.We were 5 up after about 10 minutes.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 10 Oct 00:11

Hi parfection. Yes, I know the poem. We didn`t stay in Inversnaid very long, maybe a year. I remember it as a nice but rather lonely spot. Everyone at school seemed to live a long way away from each other. I don’t know if any of you ever went to a single-teacher school. Basically, the teacher educates a class with ages ranging from 5 to 11. And it was the same with our football team… I think I was seven at the time. 😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Wed 11 Oct 09:35

`I played in a game where we beat North Queensferry 28-0 at under 15 level.In the return match we played a second string to give them a chance and they kept it down to 21-0!Must have been soul destroying for them-I don`t think that is allowed to happen these days?`

It does happen still, more in Scottish cup or regional cup games and highest score that`s allowed to be recorded is 9-0, so if a game finishes 21-0 it will be recorded as 9-0

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net