DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars Open Training Session
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 23:45

It was a question asked at the last Supporters’ Meeting.

Monday morning, at EEP, 1030am

Only open to Season Tocket Holders

https://dafc.co.uk/open-training-session-monday-16th-october/

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars Open Training Session
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 09:34

I am a season ticket holder, can I take a kid along with me ( if I go) who doesn`t have a season ticket?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 11:03

Also im a season ticket holder and so are the kids but mrs isn’t, however would need her to run us though from Bathgate, would she not get in?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 11:15

See if you ask the club, I`m almost certain it would be totally fine

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 15:37

I’d be shocked if anyone is turned away from the stadium if there is one ST holder taking a family along.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 23:11

Hardly an “open” training session if it’s limited to just season ticket holders…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 08:40

It’s one of the perks of buying a season ticket, that you get to attend a training session. Guess that mayor an open training session.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 14:03

Some perk that!

I just find it strange, I thought Dave Cook and the club were on a crusade to increase our fan base and take advantage of the growing size of the city (and areas such as Duloch). Therefore why not just let anyone in during the school holidays and try make a fun experience of it ?!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 14:34

Quote:

BA, Sun 15 Oct 14:03

Some perk that!

I just find it strange, I thought Dave Cook and the club were on a crusade to increase our fan base and take advantage of the growing size of the city (and areas such as Duloch). Therefore why not just let anyone in during the school holidays and try make a fun experience of it ?!

Season ticket holders should get the perks. If not prioritised what’s the point.

Well done DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 14:42

While we`re on the subject, I think it`s outrageous that someone who buys a season ticket pays less for 18 games over the course of a season than someone who walks up every other week.

I mean come on DAFC....sort this travesty out!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 16:30

Could the club not have charged a nominal amount for non-ST holders to attend or would that have been badly received?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 16:42

Like I said I`m sure they`ll let in someone without, like if your kids mates want to go along type thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 17:42

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 16:30

Could the club not have charged a nominal amount for non-ST holders to attend or would that have been badly received?

That would involve more admin than it would be worth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 18:02

Quote:

jake89, Sun 15 Oct 17:42

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 16:30

That would involve more admin than it would be worth.

I`m sure some people would happily chip in a few quid to a bucket collection (particularly if framed as a "suggested donation" in advance of the event).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 18:22

I`d be very disappointed if anyone who turns up is turned away, and I don`t believe they will. There`s hardly likely to be a problem squeezing them all into EEP. Personally, I don`t think any restrictions should have been placed on who could attend. We`re all Pars fans. Some of us can afford to buy a ST during the close season, and some can`t.

ST holders already get a "perk" by paying a bit less per game, as a result of making a season-long commitment, and it`s only right they should, but to exclude any Pars fans who would like to go along, especially children, doesn`t seem right.

10 years ago, our new BoD told us the stated aim of the club was to become the focal point of the West Fife community. How can that be achieved if it excludes even a single Pars fan?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 18:35

I`m not trying to start an argument but this is from COWS :-

TICKET BENEFITS
For season 2023-24, the Club is offering the following exclusive benefits to season ticket holders:
– Reduced pricing for cup games (where opposition team agrees)
– Priority access to match tickets for any cup, play-off, and away matches (where applicable)
– Season Ticket exclusive discount events in the DAFC Shop
– Half price room hire at East End Park on functions for more than 75 people
– Exclusive competitions to win hospitality upgrades and merchandise
– Invitation to attend a first team training session held at East End Park
– A selection of promotional offers from club partners and suppliers

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 18:59

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 18:35

I`m not trying to start an argument but this is from COWS :-

TICKET BENEFITS
For season 2023-24, the Club is offering the following exclusive benefits to season ticket holders:
– Reduced pricing for cup games (where opposition team agrees)
– Priority access to match tickets for any cup, play-off, and away matches (where applicable)
– Season Ticket exclusive discount events in the DAFC Shop
– Half price room hire at East End Park on functions for more than 75 people
– Exclusive competitions to win hospitality upgrades and merchandise
– Invitation to attend a first team training session held at East End Park
– A selection of promotional offers from club partners and suppliers

Absolutely no problem with any of these inducements to encourage fans to invest in STs. I`m merely suggesting that if any Pars fan turns up to watch the training session tomorrow, without a ST, any stewards on the gates should be instructed to close not one but two Nelsonian eyes and let them in.

I refuse to believe any ST holders would be greatly upset if this were to happen, particularly if it`s fans bringing young kids along.

Post Edited (Sun 15 Oct 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 19:19

Which other `inducements` do you think the club could ignore in the course of the season, GGR? It`s not really on for them to pick and choose. If they`re not going to be exclusive they shouldn`t advertise them as such. If they relent on one then non-ST holders might expect them to relent on another eg priority tickets for cup-ties.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 19:28

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 19:19

Which other `inducements` do you think the club could ignore in the course of the season, GGR? It`s not really on for them to pick and choose. If they`re not going to be exclusive they shouldn`t advertise them as such. If they relent on one then non-ST holders might expect them to relent on another eg priority tickets for cup-ties.

None actually, wee eck. The crucial point is that no ST holder would lose out if anyone without one was allowed in tomorrow. Do you honestly believe anyone would fly into a rage, should they discover that someone next to them doesn`t have a ST because they couldn`t afford one?

PS. Are you sure you`re not trying to start an argument? 😉

Post Edited (Sun 15 Oct 19:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:13

I just don`t think the club should promote benefits and then not apply them. There are probably legal ramifications too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 20:47

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 20:13

I just don`t think the club should promote benefits and then not apply them. There are probably legal ramifications too.

This is now being blown say out of proportion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 22:49

Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74 like
Date: Sun 15 Oct 14:34

Quote:

BA, Sun 15 Oct 14:03

Some perk that!

Season ticket holders should get the perks. If not prioritised what’s the point.

Well done DAFC

Right on cue - the season ticket brigade thinking they’re the only fans the club/team has!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 22:50

The sense of entitlement from certain ST holders is quite bad tbh.

If you got peeved at non ST holders being given access to an OPEN training session because you believe as an ST you should get more perks, then sorry but you are the problem 🤦🏻‍♂️

Its not an open training session if you only allow access to certain groups of fans!

Post Edited (Sun 15 Oct 22:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 22:59

It`s nothing to do with what ST holders want. The club promoted it as a perk when they advertised STs. If it were up to me I`d open the gates to everyone but they are trying to run a business in a professional way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 23:14

This whole “perk” notion is rather amusing - who sits at home feeling 50/50 about buying a season ticket but then says to themselves “you know what I’ll buy it, after all I’ll get to watch one training session too”…?!

Trying to run a business in a professional way - I see they’re advertising the club shop will be open too, but they’re restricting the number of people who’d be at the ground and likely to use the shop… I’m no business man but that’s a strange one!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 23:20

There are folk on this forum that would fight with their own shadow

Bet you most of the folk moaning about this will be at work tomorrow too.

I really don`t know why the club bother trying anything.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 23:21

Should be open to all, especially since it`s the school holidays. Maybe a few future season ticket holders will be dragged along by parents, hereby commencing the indoctrination.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Oct 23:28

Some fckers will moan at anything.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 01:32

Some posters are now using a club decision that was announced last summer to criticise the club - perhaps the time to do so was when the policy was announced, not when it is implemented several months later?

Season Ticket sales are very important for the club, as admission money is paid early and budgets can be planned with greater certainty. This helps the Manager as well as the accountants!

There is actually very little financial advantage for fans to buy an ST, as many ST holders will miss 1 or 2 matches in a season, more if they are ill for any length of time. There are sometimes also cut-price deals for walk-up fans at late season matches, which don`t benefit ST holders. Fans usually buy STs to have their regular seat, to avoid the need to queue for tickets and to show loyalty to the club. ( Obviously, not everyone is in a position to buy an ST, and that doesn`t make them 2nd class fans - nobody is suggesting that.)

So, because of the importance of ST sales and the limited financial advantage to the buyer, clubs include perks to incentivise or reward those fans who do buy STs. Realistically, entry to a training session isn`t likely to increase sales, I think it`s just a little "Thank you" from the club.

Personally, I don`t mind who goes along to the session, provided the numbers are manageable and don`t involve the club in significant extra costs - confining entry to ST holders gives the club (and Stephens) a maximum attendance. But I doubt if there will be more than a few hundred, and the suggestion that a ST holder could take family members along seemed very reasonable.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 05:26

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Oct 20:13

Maybe you`re playing devil`s advocate, or maybe you`re just a legal eagle, wee eck, but you surely don`t seriously believe a ST holder(s) would take the club to court for letting in any fans who don`t have one?

Let`s keep a sense of proportion here. If this open training session coincided with the first appearance of Messi or Ronaldo in a Pars top, EEP would be full to the gunnels if the club threw open the gates. As it stands, we may get a 100 or so attending - maybe 200 if non ST holders are allowed in.

Someone further up pointed out that local schools are on holiday this week. Wouldn`t it be a good idea if this is to become an annual event at this time, that from next season, the club extends an open invitation to all local primary schools to come along, provided they are accompanied by a responsible adult? (An adult could accompany more than one child, of course.)

Today`s children are, potentially, tomorrow`s Pars fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 06:42

Just for the avoidance of doubt - an "open" training session just means people will be able to watch, not that anyone can come and watch. Just in the same way matches are "open" rather than the occasional friendly that is "behind closed doors". Can`t believe I`m having to explain that concept to folk.

It personally wouldn`t bother me, nor I`d wager the majority of rolk who`d attend if a non season ticket holder turned up but at the same time it was advertised as an incentive. And while people may scoff at the suggestion, who is to say that someone was swithering over getting a season ticket for a child and noticed they`d get something that maybe their child`s friends might not get and thought it would get them some parenting brownie points so decided to get a season ticket this time round. Why do people think that their personal circumstances apply to every single fan out there? It`s bizarre. And it`s nothing to do with season ticket holders being "better" fans or anything either by the way.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 07:37

Stanza and kelty _ par nail it and I`m sure it`s no coincidence that it was scheduled for the school holidays. People on here love to second-guess the club without knowing the full facts, the most recent example being the saga of the advertising boards.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 10:23

Just arrived, no hassle, just walked in, no one looked for season tickets, no need to scan at turnstile, just back door at Norrie wide open.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 10:37

Quote:

Berry, Mon 16 Oct 10:23

Just arrived, no hassle, just walked in, no one looked for season tickets, no need to scan at turnstile, just back door at Norrie wide open.

Shocking. As a season ticket holder, I’ll be raising a complaint about this.

No, in all seriousness, I hope it’s a good experience for anyone who attends. Sure it’ll be great for kids in particular.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 12:17

Quote:

Berry, Mon 16 Oct 10:23

All the angst on this thread - totally unnecessary. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 13:26

Had a wee chat with a steward who said it was open to anyone and there was no check for season tickets .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 13:59

Quote:

gordi-b, Mon 16 Oct 13:26

Had a wee chat with a steward who said it was open to anyone and there was no check for season tickets .

Delighted to hear that, Gordi. I couldn`t go myself. Did you enjoy it, and were there many school kids in attendance?

Post Edited (Mon 16 Oct 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 16:08

Yes lots of school kids present getting autographs and pics with the Players and big Leish 😁😁 it was quite enjoyable

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 16:55

The amount of 🔔🔚`s in here. Gie yerselfs a hoover

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 17:08

There was a player I didn’t recognise admittedly today, did someone say there was a player from Kenya training with us?

Whoever it was, held his own.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 17:57

Perhaps the club shouldn’t have primarily aimed it at ST holders in their ad…

Glad it went well. The last one had a good turnout too.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Mon 16 Oct 18:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 18:27

Quote:

gordi-b, Mon 16 Oct 16:08

Yes lots of school kids present getting autographs and pics with the Players and big Leish 😁😁 it was quite enjoyable

That`s brilliant to hear, Gordi. These kids will remember today for a very long time and may clinch them as Pars fans for even longer. Let`s stem the flow to Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle and Easter Road as much as we can.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Oct 18:30

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Sun 15 Oct 23:20

There are folk on this forum that would fight with their own shadow

Aye… you’re one of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 19 Oct 01:11

Indeed he is one of them BA.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 19 Oct 07:59

Good day to practise scoring direct from corners ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net