DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DAFC Academy etc
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 26 Oct 13:52

Anyone got a contact on the Academy side?

My brother is moving back to Fife (after 20 yrs) and my 15 yr old nephew - apparently a decent player - is in the 6th form training with Reading FC.

Looking for the steps to get a trial/introduction to the local setup, and would personally prefer if it was the Pars rather than the wee team…

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC Academy etc
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 26 Oct 13:59

Lux, drop me an email

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 26 Oct 17:49

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Thu 26 Oct 13:52

Anyone got a contact on the Academy side?

My brother is moving back to Fife (after 20 yrs) and my 15 yr old nephew - apparently a decent player - is in the 6th form training with Reading FC.

Looking for the steps to get a trial/introduction to the local setup, and would personally prefer if it was the Pars rather than the wee team…

Raith don`t have a youth team just the community club.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 12:32

This thread has thrown me way back to the time someone posted on here about getting a friend at college in the states a trial.

I don`t recall if he got the trial or not but the friend was Kei Kamara who, now at the ripe old age of 39, is still playing and has had a very successful club and international career.

Made me think how long I`ve been using.net!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 12:40

Quote:

Jeffery, Fri 27 Oct 12:32

This thread has thrown me way back to the time someone posted on here about getting a friend at college in the states a trial.

I don`t recall if he got the trial or not but the friend was Kei Kamara who, now at the ripe old age of 39, is still playing and has had a very successful club and international career.

Didn`t he play in the MLS for years?

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 14:01

He played in the premiership for Norwich I’m sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 14:12

Quote:

Yes, that must have been around 2006 or so. It was a friend of mine from Limekilns, Simon Peake who was out in the USA for years that tried to set up the trial. He was the son of Margaret Ross, who did some really great work for the club. Sadly Simon passed away some time ago, and Margaret a year or two after.
Kei Kamara went on to have a pretty good career, 3rd top scorer in the MLS all time list, about 550 games, 188 goals, good shooting, could have done with him here (even now)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 17:38

2 more goals will see him pass the great Landon Donovan to go 2nd!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 17:46

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 27 Oct 14:12

Quote:

Yes, that must have been around 2006 or so. It was a friend of mine from Limekilns, Simon Peake who was out in the USA for years that tried to set up the trial. He was the son of Margaret Ross, who did some really great work for the club. Sadly Simon passed away some time ago, and Margaret a year or two after.
Kei Kamara went on to have a pretty good career, 3rd top scorer in the MLS all time list, about 550 games, 188 goals, good shooting, could have done with him here (even now)

I didn’t know Simon had passed away. He couldn’t have been very old ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 22:33

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 27 Oct 17:46

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 27 Oct 14:12

Quote:

I didn’t know Simon had passed away. He couldn’t have been very old ?

Yes, it was back in July 2015, he was only 37, very sad. He was a really good guy. Good Pars fan and had done very well coaching out in the States. I remember when he was pretty young, probably early 20s, he was going for his coaching badges out at Largs, and the ex-pro`s attending the course turned out to be pretty cliquey, which meant Simon spent quite a lot of time with the outsider of the group, a Portuguese guy called Jose.
He went on to do fairly well at the coaching himself
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 28 Oct 13:16

Nice story RSP.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net