DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Questions for Supporters Meeting - CLOSED
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 07:40

I’ll ask as many as I can, on your behalf, in the time given, so please keep them one per person and short too, thanks.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Tue 05 Dec 16:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: phutupfeet  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 08:01

To improve fan experience can TV`s been put up at the kiosk showing Pars TV so supporters don`t miss anything whilst they are queuing? Surely everyone has missed a goal etc whilst standing in the queue. At least this way we can still see what is happening
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 08:02

As an overseas fan who tries to support the club as much as practically possible, I feel that a club membership scheme would be greatly beneficial. It would give fans who can`t regularly be at East End an opportunity to financially contribute to the club in a meaningful way. What are your views on this?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 08:23

As someone who regularly goes around the indoor (and outdoor) areas of the stadium with school trips, I see and can appreciate some of the huge running costs. Has any consideration been given to installing solar panels on the south-facing roof of the main stand?

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 08:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 08:36

Oz, I think that’s what the Pars Supporters Trust is all about.
Drop them an email PST.Info@dafc.co.uk

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 09:18

Buffy, that is not what I am talking about. Please ask the question.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 09:37

Dummies to be spat in 3..2..1..

My first question - what are the boards thoughts on Raith Rovers start under their new ownership, and what lessons are the current board taking from this that we can look forward to coming to KDMGEEP?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 09:46

Can you ask if we will add to our thread bare squad in the January transfer window? Loan deals?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 09:50

Has our injury problems this season caused you re-evaluate the smaller squad size that we have persisted with over the past couple of years?

What was the thinking behind the pricing of the Raith Rovers Cup match?

Will the club consider championing "cold pyro" to the SFA/authorities, such as the scheme introduced in Norway?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 11:43

Can you ask if we are 20 points behind 2nd place at the end of the season, do you think we`ll still be in 4th ??

😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 12:10

What is our operating model with regards to recruitment of the playing staff? Is there more of a focus on youngsters with a sell on potential?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 12:31

Topic Originator: phutupfeet like
Date: Mon 4 Dec 08:01

To improve fan experience can TV`s been put up at the kiosk showing Pars TV so supporters don`t miss anything whilst they are queuing? Surely everyone has missed a goal etc whilst standing in the queue. At least this way we can still see what is happening

As someone who works around many grounds, this is an issue that all clubs face at a 3pm game, believe it or not the blackout includes inside the grounds. Would it then be cost effective for the few evening games? I suspect not as you would need to run new cables etc around the stadium, you’d also need a new computer system that would handle the output from Pars Tv and push it around the stadium and into the hospitality rooms, and then there’s the delay from the internet feed which could mean you are watching about a minute behind - to have it as close to live would need a more powerful pc which I doubt Pars TV have.

I completely agree that it would enhance the match experience unfortunately when you look into it…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 12:35

The first team squad is 22 (was 23 but Sutherland is on loan until January).

The squad is no longer threadbare. It`s very stretched due to injuries at the moment, but they`re not going to add 5 new players just because we have some players out for tye short/medium term.

Also, re Raith Rovers. They`re clearly operating at a loss, probably a big loss at that. The new owner may be able to fund that indefinitely, but that`s not our business model.

Our owners clearly stated that they`re not spending money they don`t have and it would seem that they`re focused more on longer term strategy and infrastructure rather than throwing money at players.

And, to be fair, they did try and back Hughes when he came in and throw money on short-term fixes, but it didn`t work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 12:42

Has the club thought ahead to Euro 2028 and the potential to offer our new training facilities to qualified nations? Could be a few quid in our pocket in the future.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 12:57

Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis like
Date: Mon 4 Dec 12:35

The first team squad is 22 (was 23 but Sutherland is on loan until January).

The squad is no longer threadbare. It`s very stretched due to injuries at the moment, but they`re not going to add 5 new players just because we have some players out for tye short/medium term.

Also, re Raith Rovers. They`re clearly operating at a loss, probably a big loss at that. The new owner may be able to fund that indefinitely, but that`s not our business model.

Our owners clearly stated that they`re not spending money they don`t have and it would seem that they`re focused more on longer term strategy and infrastructure rather than throwing money at players.

And, to be fair, they did try and back Hughes when he came in and throw money on short-term fixes, but it didn`t work.

Thanks for the reply...the questions weren`t aimed at you, but thanks anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 13:34

Presumably, you`re grand with people opining on a discussion forum?

The first part was directed at Bannockburn Par`s question, hence why I referenced the word `threadbare`.

The second part was in response to theparsman1885's question.

Appreciate your feedback on their behalf, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 13:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 14:10

DA-go Par Adonis wrote:

> Presumably, you`re grand with people opining on a discussion
> forum?
>
> The first part was directed at Bannockburn Par`s question,
> hence why I referenced the word `threadbare`.
>
> The second part was in response to theparsman1885's
> question.
>
> Appreciate your feedback on their behalf, though.
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 13:37)

Aye, I want my question answered by the board straight from the horses mouths - appreciate your opinion though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 15:37

Are the club currently in talks with Josh Edwards regarding a contract extension?

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 15:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 15:53

The club is not going to go into specifics on certain matters - that was clear at the last meeting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 16:02

Is there plans, in the future, to spruce up the stadium?

Could do with a lick of paint, a bit of a wash (side panels of stands) and some repairs to areas - large section of plasterboard at a pillar at back of Norrie Section C come off leading right down the girder and leaks in roof in section too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 16:20

When is Legends Turning into a full tonto nightclub pre match? ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 16:24

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 4 Dec 16:02

Could do with a lick of paint, a bit of a wash (side panels of stands) and some repairs to areas - large section of plasterboard at a pillar at back of Norrie Section C come off leading right down the girder and leaks in roof in section too.

That’s a fair question.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 16:38

Quote:

Parfect69, Mon 4 Dec 16:20

When is Legends Turning into a full tonto nightclub pre match? ;-)

December 16th will be the Jingle Bell Rock
with yours truly and oor Tracey 😉
🧑‍🎄 💃

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 17:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:00

Not so much a question, but I`d be interested in the commercial side of the club. What`s being planned to raise awareness of the club, improve the experience and, ultimately, bring in more money?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KAPP-Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:10

Would there be any plans to get a clock/ scoreboard at eastend as this could further more improve the match day experience for fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:21

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:23

Topic Originator: KAPP-Par like
Date: Mon 4 Dec 18:10

Would there be any plans to get a clock/ scoreboard at eastend as this could further more improve the match day experience for fans

Maybe I am missing something but I am not sure how that would improve the match day experience ? I always know the score and just look at my watch…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:23

TBF, I think a scoreboard/clock would be a welcome addition and something that could be done relatively inexpensively if part funded through sponsorship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:58

Are we ever looking at bringing players in from abroad? Years ago the board claimed many decent players in the lower leagues in Germany and around Europe are not getting noticed and it’s a market we could tap into. So far we’ve only brought in Gasputis, who wasn’t bad but there’s not been anything since. It would be great to see us bring in some unknown talent who could do a job at this level. Work permits don’t seem to be an issue for clubs in the SPFL.

Also, we seem to be behind in terms of social media compared to other clubs at our level and even below us since Mikey left. Would this be something the club would look to improve? Goal graphics for example are pretty basic and the way the world is these days, improvements in things like this can get the club noticed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 19:10

Quote:

RossF, Mon 4 Dec 18:58

Are we ever looking at bringing players in from abroad? Years ago the board claimed many decent players in the lower leagues in Germany and around Europe are not getting noticed and it’s a market we could tap into. So far we’ve only brought in Gasputis, who wasn’t bad but there’s not been anything since. It would be great to see us bring in some unknown talent who could do a job at this level. Work permits don’t seem to be an issue for clubs in the SPFL.

Work permits will defo be an issue now we are not in the EU
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 19:24

Unless we are paying them £8k a week or they are a full blown international, then brexit f**ked that option right up…..only way of getting them is via a dual nationality within the UK
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:00

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Mon 4 Dec 08:23

As someone who regularly goes around the indoor (and outdoor) areas of the stadium with school trips, I see and can appreciate some of the huge running costs. Has any consideration been given to installing solar panels on the south-facing roof of the main stand?

Further to this. We`ve had "buy a brick" campaigns before (the first a lot more successful than the second, but there were reasons for that). How about "buy a solar panel"?

I don`t know how much they cost but I do believe they have come down in price a lot recently and isn`t one of the Germans involved in that?

Longer term it saves the club money and also great publicity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:41

I’m no expert on work permits but didn’t Peterhead bring in a Dutch player last season? Also Dundee Utd have players from Ghana, Australia and Kenya in their squad and if rumours were to be believed we had/still have a Kenyan youth training with us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 21:44

Is there any chance of an away friendly v St Pauli in the summer?

When will the floodlights be sorted so that there`s no `temporary` lights hanging from the main stand blinding half the North West?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: John-Boy  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 22:30

Apologies if already answered, or if this is now an option. I don’t have a season ticket but sitting in the north west last season it was clear that only one cubicle for men was not enough.

Are there any plans to open up the facilities, catering/ toilets etc in the north east?

Additionally, is there any scope to create additional revenue streams from non-fans they are looking at? Car boot sale in car park as an example.

Finally, could they share a 12 month, 2 year and 5 year plan with us, so we can be clear on the long term aims of the club? Ie increasing social media exposure by ‘x’, revenue, player sales etc. having clarity on this in my opinion would help us from having a meltdown when there are one or two bad results…eye on the end goal and all that

Do you think I'm the man?

A) Yes, B) A or C) B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 01:26

There are loads of questions being put forward on here, and clearly there won`t be time for all of them to be answered on the night as well as questions from those present.

So would it be possible for them to be addressed by the club AFTER the event and either the answers published or the individual questioner responded to? I think that was done a few years ago for at least one Supporters Council meeting.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 04:35

With the NW being season tickets only, are there plans to open section L? This could be for people who don`t have season tickets for whatever reason.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 05:12

Yes my initial post has been ignored by many - ONE question per person and keep it short.

There will be questions asked by the floor and some of them will probably be similar to those on here.

Always happy to ask post meeting and report back, if I can.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 06:09

Any clarification on the lad we have on trial from Kenya. Is he still here? Do we need to wait till Jan? Decent prospect?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 06:56

"As someone who works around many grounds, this is an issue that all clubs face at a 3pm game, believe it or not the blackout includes inside the grounds."

Not saying that you`re wrong but clubs have shown in-house footage for years with no problems (McDiarmid certainly did in the food area as that is down some steps), and clubs with large screens (Celtic and Rangers) show the games live in Scotland as well as pretty much every club down South so that seems like a made up excuse by folk who don`t want to try tbh.

Even if they aren`t allowed to show live footage, the screens regularly show out of date information (next game being a game played months previously, wrong date and time, etc) so they do need updated somehow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 08:07

Plus 1 for the match time clock and scoreboard question

Each half never kicks off bang on time and always forget to check time when each half actually starts

Post Edited (Tue 05 Dec 08:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 08:53

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 5 Dec 06:56

"As someone who works around many grounds, this is an issue that all clubs face at a 3pm game, believe it or not the blackout includes inside the grounds."

Not saying that you`re wrong but clubs have shown in-house footage for years with no problems (McDiarmid certainly did in the food area as that is down some steps), and clubs with large screens (Celtic and Rangers) show the games live in Scotland as well as pretty much every club down South so that seems like a made up excuse by folk who don`t want to try tbh.

Even if they aren`t allowed to show live footage, the screens regularly show out of date information (next game being a game played months previously, wrong date and time, etc) so they do need updated somehow.

Really glad you posted this as I thought I was losing it!

If its not possible to show the game live could we not show highlights of previous games or even classic Pars goals interspersed with sponsorship that could maybe help with any funding needed?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 10:26

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 5 Dec 06:56
>
> "As someone who works around many grounds, this is an issue
> that all clubs face at a 3pm game, believe it or not the
> blackout includes inside the grounds."
>
> Not saying that you`re wrong but clubs have shown in-house
> footage for years with no problems (McDiarmid certainly did in
> the food area as that is down some steps), and clubs with large
> screens (Celtic and Rangers) show the games live in Scotland as
> well as pretty much every club down South so that seems like a
> made up excuse by folk who don`t want to try tbh.
>
> Even if they aren`t allowed to show live footage, the screens
> regularly show out of date information (next game being a game
> played months previously, wrong date and time, etc) so they do
> need updated somehow.

>
> Really glad you posted this as I thought I was losing it!
>
> If its not possible to show the game live could we not show
> highlights of previous games or even classic Pars goals
> interspersed with sponsorship that could maybe help with any
> funding needed?
>
>

You know you’re right and I didn’t think of that - The reason I gave this answer was because I asked the guys at Hearts and Rangers why they don’t show the game in the Press Room. They both gave the same answer that it’s a rights issue affecting the Press Room and Hospitality (yet they do show the games on the big screen) hence my answer.

Pars TV used to play highlights and interviews before matches and at half time though when I worked with them 2 seasons ago- so I can’t say why they don’t do it now.

However what I say about playing matches to say a dozen screens around the ground would be quite an undertaking with cabling/computer power etc. not out of the grounds of reality but still quite a job to do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 11:08

I would like my question asked without the unhelpful context some have added on this thread pushing a narrative that Raith are overspending. Dealing with that point alone, they have added 6 players to their squad, none of those will be on “rock star” money. The majority of the players involved in our last embarrassing defeat for them were there last season too. I think such narrative unnecessarily dismisses the work they’ve done to engage a fan base as a whole, their social media campaigns(engagement with support with new content and methods), and the improvements they’ve made to their stadium - and how they’ve promoted all this to achieve current collective success. They very much feel like a club on the up. We on the other hand, to an onlooker with no sun in the game, arguably have at best stood still since the new owners have come in, but now have an onerous long lease on a piece of land with diggers on it. Like I say, depends how you can see and objectify performance.

That in mind :-

what are the boards thoughts on Raith Rovers start under their new ownership, and what lessons are the current board taking from this that we can look forward to coming to KDMGEEP?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 11:34

I know this is meant to be for questions, so sorry for replying but......

It`s not being unhelpful to suggest that they`re overspending and to be honest only mentioning on the field signings is a bit daft. They`re obviously spending a load of money throughout the club and with a cash rich owner why shouldn`t they. They are paying people healthy salaries to perform full time roles that either didn`t exist last season or were carried out by well-meaning volunteers. I`m not sure there are many "lessons" to be learned other than that, especially given our owners are not going to throw money at it for short term on field success. I`m not saying I agree with their strategy but until one of our fans sells their business for £40 million quid and buys them out, we are where we are.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Dec 12:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 11:41

People can ask what they like but I think our board/management representatives might feel uncomfortable commenting on a rival club`s model. Such comments would be likely to be latched upon by any media sources keen to stir up some controversy from the meeting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 11:50

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 11:41

People can ask what they like but I think our board/management representatives might feel uncomfortable commenting on a rival club`s model. Such comments would be likely to be latched upon by any media sources keen to stir up some controversy from the meeting.

This, 100%.

I`m sure the Board would (rightly) refrain from commenting on another club`s actions.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 12:14

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 4 Dec 16:02

Wonder if there is any mileage trying to involve some of the local contractors to get involved with the club to do these minor repair works around the ground for free advertising

You could even go to the local colleges and give some of the apprentices some useful on the job experience.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Dec 12:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 12:16

That’s your take on it all guys, I want the question asked because frankly they’re getting a lot right this season, and it would be arrogant AF not to assess other clubs strategies. It’s not all about the money they’re spending.

Da no 1 - “They are paying people healthy salaries to perform full time roles that either didn`t exist last season or were carried out by well-meaning volunteers. “

You talking about them - or us……..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 12:40

"They`re obviously spending a load of money throughout the club and with a cash rich owner why shouldn`t they. They are paying people healthy salaries to perform full time roles that either didn`t exist last season or were carried out by well-meaning volunteers. I`m not sure there are many "lessons" to be learned other than that,"

they are also alienating their own fanbase by pulling Supporters Liason Officer interactions which are detailed as fundemental part of the role. Creating a "closed shop"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 12:41

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 5 Dec 12:16

That’s your take on it all guys, I want the question asked because frankly they’re getting a lot right this season, and it would be arrogant AF not to assess other clubs strategies. It’s not all about the money they’re spending.

Da no 1 - “They are paying people healthy salaries to perform full time roles that either didn`t exist last season or were carried out by well-meaning volunteers. “

You talking about them - or us……..

I`m definitely talking about them. You get what you pay for.

The vast majority of the feelgood factor along the road is because they`re winning games. Once they start losing, and they will, the doubters and detractors will re-surface just like they do on here.

You can ask all you want, I`ll be stunned if you get anything other than polite smiles and toe staring. Pointless in other words.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 12:49

Have to really question the perceived successes of Raith`s Comms tbh. Despite their best efforts, they`ve still sold a pretty pathetic number of season tickets (albeit their highest in many years). In terms of communications you have to consider the law of diminishing return. Raith are starting from a very low level so anything will improve them.

The Pars are totally different and hopefully we`ve learned that there`s a ceiling and don`t go chasing the 7-8k average crowds we were anticipating in the early 2000s.

I would say the website is still very clunky and needs a full on review with content strategy implemented. It should be supported by the work going on with social media.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 13:08

Raith Rovers, honestly couldn`t care less, I just want answers to our clubs endeavours
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 13:16

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Tue 5 Dec 13:08

Raith Rovers, honestly couldn`t care less, I just want answers to our clubs endeavours

This 100%

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 13:20

Da no 1, we are also now paying healthy salaries to individuals to do roles that are previously done by volunteers. Our non playing staff numbers are highest they’ve been since admin. Not saying that’s right or wrong, just that it would be incorrect to make out Raith have invested more there than we have.

You can all sneer all you want, I’d rather hold our board to account and ask why we can not do more with bigger resources than they are currently doing. It’s not all about the size of the wallet - or in this case, perceived size of the wallet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 13:28

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 5 Dec 13:20

Da no 1, we are also now paying healthy salaries to individuals to do roles that are previously done by volunteers. Our non playing staff numbers are highest they’ve been since admin. Not saying that’s right or wrong, just that it would be incorrect to make out Raith have invested more there than we have.

You can all sneer all you want, I’d rather hold our board to account and ask why we can not do more with bigger resources than they are currently doing. It’s not all about the size of the wallet - or in this case, perceived size of the wallet.

I`m not sneering and I`m sorry if it appeared so. I just don`t think you`ll get the answer you`re looking for.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 13:52

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 5 Dec 13:20
>
> Da no 1, we are also now paying healthy salaries to individuals
> to do roles that are previously done by volunteers. Our non
> playing staff numbers are highest they’ve been since admin.
> Not saying that’s right or wrong, just that it would be
> incorrect to make out Raith have invested more there than we
> have.
>
> You can all sneer all you want, I’d rather hold our board to
> account and ask why we can not do more with bigger resources
> than they are currently doing. It’s not all about the size
> of the wallet - or in this case, perceived size of the
> wallet.

>
> I`m not sneering and I`m sorry if it appeared so. I just don`t
> think you`ll get the answer you`re looking for.
>
>

No worries. Not really looking for any particular answer, just interested to hear their thoughts. And indeed, if there’s anything they have seen from Raiths activity that they will take and use/develop.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:12

Do the Championship clubs benefit financially from the deal with BBC Scotland to televise live matches on Friday nights after taking into account lost revenue from admissions, catering, merchandising, etc?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:30

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 15:12

Do the Championship clubs benefit financially from the deal with BBC Scotland to televise live matches on Friday nights after taking into account lost revenue from admissions, catering, merchandising, etc?

The money brought in gets put in the "central pot" and split between teams from premiership down.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:39

Yes, but isn`t it possible the C`ship clubs whose games are televised could lose out?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:50

Will there be a re-stock for the club shop in the new year?

Seems like quite a lot of items are out of stock on most sizes when you look online and some have been for a couple months at least.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:51

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 15:39

Yes, but isn`t it possible the C`ship clubs whose games are televised could lose out?

I`m pretty sure we have already this season. It`s not a great deal for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 15:56

Quote:

king lad, Tue 5 Dec 15:50

Will there be a re-stock for the club shop in the new year?

Seems like quite a lot of items are out of stock on most sizes when you look online and some have been for a couple months at least.

Give the club shop a call or visit, I bought a home shirt last week that was " out of stock " the shop had plenty in the size I wanted.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting - CLOSED
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 17:51

Live Updates for tonight’s meeting will be on the home page of the website / updates page on the app.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 17:52

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 15:39

Of course there is but there aren`t any TV companies stumbling over the BBC to offer an improved deal. So to answer your question teams will lose out.

We had one of the Dundee clubs at the start of the season a few years back and it was moved to a Friday night and instead of 3 busses booked into the legion at crossgates they went to 1 on the Friday night.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 18:12

What`s the point of signing up to it then?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 18:18

"What`s the point of signing up to it then?"

Because the 10 clubs affected by it are only 10 out of 42, the rest of whom benefit. FWIW, I think it`s all part of the BBC SPFL TV Central contract which will include radio rights, Sportscene Premiership highlights etc. Not sure if Alba`s coverage of League One and the play offs is included as BBC Alba aren`t 100% owned by the BBC.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 18:19

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 18:12

What`s the point of signing up to it then?

I doubt we have a choice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 18:42

I suspect kp`s explanation is right but maybe if the question was asked it could be confirmed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 20:20

No updates?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 20:23

Bet the Rovers would have had updates.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 20:26

Quote:

EastEndTales, Tue 5 Dec 20:20

No updates?

https://dafc.net/story.php?t=Live_Updates_~_Supporters_Council_Meeting_5Dec&ID=3996

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 20:28

JM will obviously have a budget to work to. There will be another budget for the development of the Rosyth facilities. The football budget is obviously shorter term for the season and the development budget more a longer term investment. A balance obviously needs to be struck and at the moment it appears about right to me. If we can make the playoffs that`s a successful season. The players need time to develop in this league and next season I see us as more pushing for promotion. We need a solid foundation to go to the next level in my view
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 20:33

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Dec 15:12

The answer is no. Without going in to figures the club hardly make anything from the TV deal compared to a `normal` match day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 21:23

Wanted to note appreciation for the updates tonight and getting through a fair few questions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 21:25

Cheers Jake

I’ve finally caught up with technology and using my iPad connected to my iPhone.
20 years late I know but I got there 😂

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net