DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Big Match - ITV4
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 11:17

Just watching this program now and Palace v WBA has been on and now its Man City v Liverpool with Dalglish and Souness etc Looks like the late 70s or early 80s?

Watched 20 mins of the Palace game and counted two fouls that the ref gave. How refreshing to watch a game without players trying to con the ref at every opportunity.
I wish we could go back to the days when players didn`t roll about, their faces contorted in supposed pain and fouls were not awarded for the slightest of touches

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Big Match - ITV4
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 14:13

I don’t pine for the pitches back then. Quagmires after November and 20% grass by March.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 15:45

I watched one the other week where Nottingham Forest lost at Arsenal to a Graham Rix free kick which clearly hadn’t crossed the line.

In the post match interviews, both Brian Clough and Peter Shilton refused to criticise the linesman who gave the goal. It’s hard to imagine a modern day manager not throwing the toys out the pram at such an injustice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 18:54

I watch this from time to time, a brilliant piece of nostalgia. Packed stadiums, pitches barely playable, but fantastic whole hearted players absolutely running through walls for their side.

So refreshing to see refs being respected, no players rolling about like they have been shot, great goals being scored then celebrated by people living in the moment rather than a bunch of folk watching it through their camera phones, worrying how they will look to the half dozen folk watching their live stream, celebrating, then having to stop for 3 minutes will VAR has a look to see if the strikers pinkie was a centimetre offside
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 19:10

Can`t play the ball with the pinkie. Onside.

Give me all the VAR money.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 22:23

Genuinely disillusioned with the modern game.
I watched Diogo Jota dive to win a penalty for Liverpool tonight. VAR didn’t do anything and the ref rubbed salt in the wound by booking the goalie.

It really is a disgrace and there seems to be no desire to clean the game up

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 01 Jan 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 22:58

I thought both were penalties tbh

Jota clearly gets caught by Dubravka`s elbow, it knockdown his left foot and the next time his left foot touches the ground is when he goes down. He had a tap in, and Salah had already missed one penalty - the percentage play was to shoot himself. Looks soft because of the way he ultimately fell but still a foul IMO

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 23:08

First ones a pen for me. The Jota one nah, sorry, dive or simulation for me. He`s felt the slightest of touches, realised he`s not getting the ball and flops to the ground....
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 23:13

I’d be annoyed if a Newcastle fan but let’s face it. Jota had an easy tap in and doesn’t make sense to dive with the score as it was.
I think the keeper caught his foot

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net