DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Todorov &McGill
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 12:16

Interesting reading what Rhys McCabe says about 2 ex Pars at a time when our strikers are struggling big style.

daily record
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Todorov &McGill
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:01

McCabe seems to doing quite well there and will no doubt get a shot with a bigger club soon enough.

McGill has got to be the most I’ve seen a player improve in a long time, was terrible with us but looked decent last time I saw him, good positionally to find space and good in the air with good workrate, has come on leaps and bounds.

Bang on, our set up under mcpake does not allow for wingers and our full backs couldn’t cross a road so we rarely made use of someone like todorov.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Todorov
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:13

And how many league goals have this pair scored between them this season?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:15

Interesting comment that McCabe made re Airdrie playing in a completely different way to Dunfermline , thus Todorov needed time to adjust to it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:39

Hammy had the better of Todorov the last time we played them despite the height disadvantage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 21:48

Todorov has 4 league goals this season, 1 shy of wighton and the same as McCann. Looking at the starts he’s started 12 games this season.

I found todorov to be slow and bang average in general play but put some quality into the box from the wings and he knew where to be and was usually ahead of his man to win the header.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 22:10

Todrov is brutal and not a striker or a player that can hold the ball up.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 08:04

Todorov scored some pretty damn important goals for us in League One and played his part in securing that title.

He also offers something our current strikers don’t with his aerial ability, that and he’s a genuinely nice bloke who’d have fitted in well in the dressing room. Disappointed we let him go.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 08:45

I must admit I was surprised we let Todorov go but there may have been a a reason for it. I agree with Berry that he scored some important goals for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 08:59

Airdrie were very direct, last season at least, got the ball out wide early and a lot of balls into the box. You could see why they scored so many but equally conceeded a lot. Seemed a perfect suit for Todorov.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 09:20

Bizarrely, this season Airdrie are the lowest scorers in the Championship with only 19 goals in 20 games! That`s 4 fewer than the next lowest. They have improved their defensive record though with only 23 goals conceded. Only Dundee United have conceded fewer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 09:37

I liked Todorov and he did score some very important goals for us last season, however (and its rarely mentioned when folk on here discuss him) for whatever he contributed very little in his first season at this level. Apparently he was on good money so I can understand why he was let go but at the time I thought we`d replace him with similar but better. We haven`t.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 12:36

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 9 Jan 09:37

I liked Todorov and he did score some very important goals for us last season, however (and its rarely mentioned when folk on here discuss him) for whatever he contributed very little in his first season at this level. Apparently he was on good money so I can understand why he was let go but at the time I thought we`d replace him with similar but better. We haven`t.

100 percent this and berry is spot on. The amount of games where we were chasing and we flung him on and he got important goals.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 12:39

Did Todorov not take his time when he was offered a new contract but then left anyway?

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 13:54

Quote:

buffy, Tue 9 Jan 12:39

Did Todorov not take his time when he was offered a new contract but then left anyway?

Someone standing next to me at the last game at Alloa asked MacDonald and Toddy if they would be with us this season. Both said they hadn`t been offered new deals.

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 14:28

For goodness sake, Todorov proved usefull on occassions when we were in the first division, but thats about his level, he`s not all of a sudden become a Premier League player. Not sure about Mcgill, but he`s not exactly scoring for fun either.
Some mind games from Mccabe i think given he will be well aware of our injury situation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 17:20

I quite liked Todorov, seemed like a good guy, and he was useful coming off the bench. His form off the bench always made me think he should be starting, but when he did start, he never really properly staked his claim for a regular starting spot. Would be a decent guy to have if we played in a way that played to his strengths.
(although if we had him now, he would be first name on the team sheet - at Centre Back)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 22:33

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 9 Jan 17:20

I quite liked Todorov, seemed like a good guy, and he was useful coming off the bench. His form off the bench always made me think he should be starting, but when he did start, he never really properly staked his claim for a regular starting spot. Would be a decent guy to have if we played in a way that played to his strengths.
(although if we had him now, he would be first name on the team sheet - at Centre Back)

Agree

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 23:23

Todorov was indeed a very likeable guy but the short- comings in his game were very obvious. He lacked mobility and rarely put himself about to close down opponents. He wasn`t a player who made things happen but waited for others to do so. He was very predictable in his runs and rarely strayed from his central position to keep opposition defenders on their toes. He did score a goal or two but just didn`t contribute enough in the buildup play. There were very good reasons for him usually being on the bench and as far as I can see, Airdrie have taken the same policy with him until fairly recently.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 07:37

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 9 Jan 23:23

Todorov was indeed a very likeable guy but the short- comings in his game were very obvious. He lacked mobility and rarely put himself about to close down opponents. He wasn`t a player who made things happen but waited for others to do so. He was very predictable in his runs and rarely strayed from his central position to keep opposition defenders on their toes. He did score a goal or two but just didn`t contribute enough in the buildup play.

A bit like Wighton then?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 08:18

Wighton has a much better touch than Todorov, more awareness of what`s going on around him and is much better at linking play. Todorov`s strength is in the box, particularly in getting on the end of crosses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 09:17

Todorov was effective coming off the bench last season. Seems like a decent guy. I’ll always have time for him and wish him well with his career.

But, just last month, he was marked out of the game and couldn’t even win a header up against Chris Hamilton. Are we really trying to act like that’s the level of player we should be looking to sign? Even in League 1, he struggled to make an impact when he started games.

McGill’s an interesting one. He was awful when he was with us. But, admittedly, was still very young. He’s clearly improved a lot and he looked fairly useful in the games against us last season. But, in my opinion, we have a lot of guys with potential at the club and need to add more players with experience and leadership skills, to help guide our youngsters through games/improve their game.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net