DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next Match
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 06:51

Even with my bestist optimist head on, I can`t see us getting anything on Saturday.
If any teams below us get 3 points I think I will have a dotnet free week.

If we do somehow pull off a win and open a gap again this will be a happy place.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next Match
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 07:21

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 25 Jan 06:51

Even with my bestist optimist head on, I can`t see us getting anything on Saturday.
If any teams below us get 3 points I think I will have a dotnet free week.

If we do somehow pull off a win and open a gap again this will be a happy place.

I am the eternal optimist. Because of work commitments and illness I have missed matches and the last time I seen us win was the 23rd September. I think we will win. My luck must turn at some point.
Does that make me a happy clapper?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 08:08

We will give them a scare.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 08:48

Topic Originator: weemike like
Date: Thu 25 Jan 08:08

We will give them a scare.

As long as Boo is not followed by Hoo

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 10:07

Current form would suggest this is a home banker, but football is full of surprises. If we can get our noses in front by scoring first, we can get something from the game.

United are hardly unbeatable.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 10:34

We were robbed of 3 points at Tannadice at the start of the season, hopefully can get some justice this time around. Not had much luck against the top 3 sides in the league so far
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 12:46

In the run-up to the match I see David Wotherspoon has made some comments in the Courier about his time with the Pars :-

“I’m grateful to James McPake and Dave Mackay,” said Wotherspoon. “They took me in and helped me with training. They offered me a deal, but I wasn’t quite ready for that. However, they gave me facilities to work at and be well looked after.

“They even helped me with my coaching badges, which I managed to get done while I wasn’t playing – that was a big positive for me. I’ve played and worked with them both. They are great guys and I wish them all the best – but I’m hoping to be raring to go when that Dunfermline game comes.”

He also made similar comments about Duncan Ferguson and Gary Bollan at ICT. He doesn`t explain why he signed for them rather than us other than saying he was fed up sitting at home at the weekends.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 12:57

I`d eat your hand off for a loss with 0 injuries right now
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 15:58

We were robbed at tannadice. Also, teams below us have gone there and got something so some slight reason for hope.

If anyone is betting money on us though you would have to say you are being swayed by your heart.

Since that single draw we`ve played Patrick, United and Rovers on 7 occasions and got nothing from any of those games, conceding 17 and only scoring 3.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 15:59

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 25 Jan 12:46

In the run-up to the match I see David Wotherspoon has made some comments in the Courier about his time with the Pars :-

“I’m grateful to James McPake and Dave Mackay,” said Wotherspoon. “They took me in and helped me with training. They offered me a deal, but I wasn’t quite ready for that. However, they gave me facilities to work at and be well looked after.

“They even helped me with my coaching badges, which I managed to get done while I wasn’t playing – that was a big positive for me. I’ve played and worked with them both. They are great guys and I wish them all the best – but I’m hoping to be raring to go when that Dunfermline game comes.”

He also made similar comments about Duncan Ferguson and Gary Bollan at ICT. He doesn`t explain why he signed for them rather than us other than saying he was fed up sitting at home at the weekends.

I think we all know the reason......

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 16:21

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Thu 25 Jan 15:59

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 16:26

Wotherspoon said clearly that he wasnt ready to come back at the time but sitting around the house pissed his wife off and she told him to go kick a ball.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 16:56

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 25 Jan 16:21

Quote:

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

The love of this is the root of all evil..... 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 16:56

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

We offered him the "best possible" deal and he chose Inverness I doubt it was always a dream for him to play at Inverness.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 17:07

They weren`t simultaneous offers though were they? Maybe he needed a reality check after he turned down our offer and was then spending Saturdays at home.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 18:54

Getting back to the Dundee Utd match and our realistic prospects of a good result, I very much disapprove of players indicating that they may have been the subject of divine assistance after they have scored, as in the gesticulating and pointing skywards of Luis Dias, after he registered against Fulham yesterday. I think the Almighty is usually neutral, when it comes to sporting contests and the overt demonstrations of Divine mediation are grossly unsporting. However as a died in the wool supporter please do not consider me hypocritical if I offer a gentle prayer heavenward for a Pars victory.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 18:58

The way some players act after scoring it seems they think they ARE God.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 21:29

Don’t think we’ll get anything from sat, would settle for no new injuries.

The 3 home games in the 2 weeks after are where we need to get the points. 6 points or more and pressure is off for a few weeks.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 21:34

Yes Berkey, we wouldn`t need to be drenched in our own negativity to consider a victory quite a long shot but you never know. If Morton can do it, why can`t we?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 21:49

paralex the difference with Morton and us at Present is that Morton were virtually back to full strength as like us for a long time they had many of their best players on the sidelines injured !
If we were back to full strength I would fancy my chances , but at present we are under strength and in most games no matter the opposition we seem to give away daft goals and we are always chasing the game after that ! get anothe 2 players in the door to strengthen us and in the weeks ahead we will then have a fighting chance of getting some points on the board ,Until then any points we pick up will be a lucky bag because we simply do not score enough goals either !
Hope i am wrong and will be very happy to be proved wrong

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 22:05

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Thu 25 Jan 16:56

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

We offered him the "best possible" deal and he chose Inverness I doubt it was always a dream for him to play at Inverness.

Except that isn`t what happened.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 22:36

Here is the team from the 1-1 game

Sharp
Fisher Benedictus Otoo
Comrie Allan Hamilton Chalmers Edwards
O’Halloran Wighton

Summers came on

Other than Bene and Comrie, we could field the other nine, or ten, including Summers

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 23:06

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 25 Jan 22:36

Sharp
Fisher Benedictus Otoo
O’Halloran Wighton

Summers came on

Other than Bene and Comrie, we could field the other nine, or ten, including Summers

Can’t field Sharp either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 23:08

Quote:

Sharp
Fisher Benedictus Otoo
O’Halloran Wighton

Summers came on

Can we field them in the same positions?

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 25 Jan 23:28

Quote:

gthyde, Thu 25 Jan 23:06

Quote:

Sharp
Fisher Benedictus Otoo
O’Halloran Wighton

Summers came on

Can’t field Sharp either

I was only referring to the outfield players. I should have made that clear

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 13:01

The 1-1 game at tanadice was when the team were still on a high from the season before and still had that winning mentality etc.

At the moment we feel an bit all over the place and Hamilton aside lacking in any experience or leaders on the park to help us out.

Yes there’s been injuries but this has already been a long season, summer signings had very little impact and quite a few of those signed up for next season haven’t shown they can take us any further.

We definately don’t feel like a club on the up anymore.

Post Edited (Fri 26 Jan 16:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 13:11

It`s how the players feel that`s important, not the fans. My main concern is that we haven`t had a competitive game for 3 weeks but then United didn`t play last week did they?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 14:29

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 25 Jan 22:05

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

Okay I forgot the club inform you in all contract negotiations and tell supporters different at open meetings.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 15:43

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 26 Jan 14:29

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 25 Jan 22:05

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don`t. Do you?

Okay I forgot the club inform you in all contract negotiations and tell supporters different at open meetings.

Well it`s good You’ve remembered.

I don`t know what was said at any meeting but he clearly said in the paper that he wasn`t ready to come back but he changed his mind after sitting about the house. Not a case of choosing them over us. But.....since then I see someone posted that there was a £100 a week difference in the offer. Maybees aye, maybees naw! If it`s aye I guess I`ll jist have to eat humble pie this time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:25

We’ll get battered . Not being negative (realistic) we will struggle to stay up this season . A catastrophic injury list and dreadful transfer windows will put paid to that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:32

Sadly I can’t see us getting anything today. It would be incredible if we did but Utd have strengthened and we are weaker since we last played them. Both league games have been tight - we were robbed the first and deserved a draw the second but injuries will be the reason we struggle today. Hopefully the players can prove the majority of us wrong!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 13:45

The game at EEP was probably the best we’ve played this season .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 14:12

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 26 Jan 13:11

It`s how the players feel that`s important, not the fans. My main concern is that we haven`t had a competitive game for 3 weeks but then United didn`t play last week did they?

Nor a win in the last five - 2 points from 15.

A point today would be most welcome though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 14:29

I think when you look at our bench it shows really how short on both quality and experience we are. I think other teams will see this and know that if it`s not going right we can`t really change it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:12

Ok so ill not give dotnet a miss this week after all.

Not bad result away from home with no bench against the champions elect.

Maybe the owners don`t think we need to panic buy, and maybe they`re no daft.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:22

I`m disappointed tbh. Carved out a draw against the top team in the league AND ParsTV performed well. Absolute disgrace IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:23

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jan 17:22

I`m disappointed tbh. Carved out a draw against the top team in the league AND ParsTV performed well. Absolute disgrace IMO.

Sack everyone

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 27 Jan 17:23

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jan 17:22

Sack everyone

Is it so much to ask for Brian to spill tea on the laptop or for Mehmet to chuck the ball in his own net in the 93rd minute so the good people of dotnet have something to moan about?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net