DAFC.net
Home 04 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Available managers
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:28

If McPake were to be sacked, who would we be looking to bring in?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Available managers
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:29

Lennon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:30

Lennon would come nowhere near us ,be realistic
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:31

If we had time on our hands .. Bamba who has learned under Neil Warnock, but it’s not the time for that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:32

I’m not getting on the Stewart Petrie fan bus though

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  

Robson, Bulley, petrie, rhys mcabe. Danny lennon, Jack Ross.

The point being there is plenty out there
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  

Quote:

RMGpar, Sat 3 Feb 17:32

I’m not getting on the Stewart Petrie fan bus though

Fine, we`ll drive past with a hefty carry out

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:34

LB
But only for my own reasons.
I might let him oot for the fitbaw

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:34

Lennon would come nowhere near us ,be realistic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:38

Billy Dodds
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:40

Not sure even pep could get more out of some of these guys, the championship is too high a level for them even if we do stay up, how do you find a sucker to take them next year?

Shame Davidson is now taken…

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:08

Mcpake would not a chance jump ship from Airdrie for us. He’s on the rise. Not taking a step backwards in his career.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:10

Quote:

par_33, Sat 3 Feb 18:08

Mcpake would not a chance jump ship from Airdrie for us. He’s on the rise. Not taking a step backwards in his career.

If McPake’s away to Airdrie, at least that’s one problem solved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:03

Petrie isn`t ever going to happen ffs.

Rhys McCabe and bring Fordyce along with him for that defence. That`d be the top choice. Jack Ross, for all flaws he had at Dundee United, could still bring a lot.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:18

Dick Campbell…… but I think that ship has sailed.

We should have brought him in a couple years back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:20

Mcpake isnt going anywhere. But, every team in the league knows how we play. He needs to change things when it isnt working.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:22

Michael Tidser at Kelty is maintaining their position despite the lack of funds.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:22

Anything feels like an improvement. Same tactics week in week out despite lack of suitable players to play it. Terrible signings of old friends and extensions to favourites regardless of ability who play every week despite stinking the place out. Always looking at Dundee for any signings then even mcpakes old pals don’t fancy playing for him again and it all feels like we’ll have run out of road.

Have we ever been in this type of position before and the manager has turned it round and stayed on for another year or so? Calderwood after loosing quite a few in a row?

I feel like we need a change, we’ve gone from murder upfront to being murder upfront and at the back.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gusmcpherson  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:25

Montgomery from hibs will be available next week

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:26

Mcpake will be going nowhere.. he will be in the dug out next season aswell..

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:55

I wouldn’t mind Jack Ross but who would want to work with the board we have?

This new signing policy of only signing untested youngsters is a joke and is going to take us down.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:01

Every manager everyone has suggested on here is a big no no. McPake is a good manager with his assistant. It’s board decisions that need looked at and no funds for the team… is Mr Cook in hiding? He needs to come out and make a statement surely?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:07

Didn`t we try and sign experienced players like Brophy, Wotherspoon, Rudden and Smith from MK Dons? I don`t think it`s right to say the club are only interested in signing young players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:08

Tried and failed. Doesn’t say much for our young ‘talent’ if the 2 boys from Cardiff can come in and play like that and they still won’t get a look in

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:09

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 3 Feb 20:01

Every manager everyone has suggested on here is a big no no. McPake is a good manager with his assistant. It’s board decisions that need looked at and no funds for the team… is Mr Cook in hiding? He needs to come out and make a statement surely?

Are you McPake lol?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:11

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 3 Feb 20:01

McPake is a good manager with his assistant. It’s board decisions that need looked at

Is it the board picking the team and telling the manager that he has to stick with the same system/tactics, regardless of performances/results? Teams have worked out how to play against our system. They’ve found weaknesses and just know what they need to do to beat us. But McPake sticks with that system and leaves all these vulnerabilities. Even during the game today, it was clear that the system/shape was an issue and he wouldn’t change it. No excuse for that. Peter Grant changed things when it (eventually) became clear to him that the back 5 was a disaster.

Really bizarre though, since he was happy to change things up when we were winning most weeks last season. But now that we’re struggling, he’s sticking with the same rubbish (that just isn’t working at all) every single week. It just doesn’t make any sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:12

Someone shouted from the main stand as Dougie Imrie walked back out for the 2nd half. "Dougie you want a new job" he had a wee smile and nodded yes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:34

Manager identified senior players as mentioned above ,but for some reason did not get over the line .Was this the players asking too much ,or our board having a cap on salary and length of contracts
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:39

I would put me in charge ahead of McFake.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:51

Bore off, Murchadh.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:54

Quote:

Bore off, Murchadh.

Yawn. Any suggestions?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 22:09

Quote:

Murchadh, Sat 3 Feb 20:54

Quote:

Bore off, Murchadh.

Yawn. Any suggestions?

Aye me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 23:25

I find it really difficult to take the views of folk who make up childlike playground names for others seriously.

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 03:02

Darren Young come on down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 07:55

Quote:

Bouncer, Sun 4 Feb 03:02

Darren Young come on down.

He`s literally signed a new deal last week, no way he`d come unless decent compensation is agreed.

Fwiw though I`d have him, really switched on guy who talks well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 09:11

Ancelotti will soon be available!🤔🙈🥳🥳🥳
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:08

This thread is completely disrespectful to James McPake and Dave Mackay by inviting fans to speculate on their successors while they are still in post and may well continue to be for some time to come. It`s not that long ago we were sitting comfortably in 4th and most posters appeared to be reasonably happy with our progress as a newly promoted club. (Last time Morton were at EEP, we gave them a real runaround. I think they had several first choice players out injured - yesterday, the boot was on the other foot.)

I`m sure that the manager is honest enough to hold his hand up and say that he was not entirely blameless for yesterday`s abject performance. Sacking him and bringing a new management team is not going to suddenly make our injured players fit or the ones who are fit much better.

There`s a lot of statements like "McPake brought in players A and B" and "McPake handed out multi year contracts to X, Y and Z." Do they know the players who have come in are the manager`s first pick? Perhaps, more likely, they are the players the club has managed to bring in, working within a budget with financial constraints? Was it McPake`s decision to hand out 2 or 3 year contracts to certain players, or was it from the Board?

I don`t know. Do any of you know with absolute certainty?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:17

Agree with GG here. I would rather have McPake than any of the managers spouted on here.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 4 Feb 11:08

This thread is completely disrespectful to James McPake and Dave Mackay by inviting fans to speculate on their successors while they are still in post and may well continue to be for some time to come. It`s not that long ago we were sitting comfortably in 4th and most posters appeared to be reasonably happy with our progress as a newly promoted club. (Last time Morton were at EEP, we gave them a real runaround. I think they had several first choice players out injured - yesterday, the boot was on the other foot.)

I`m sure that the manager is honest enough to hold his hand up and say that he was not entirely blameless for yesterday`s abject performance. Sacking him and bringing a new management team is not going to suddenly make our injured players fit or the ones who are fit much better.

There`s a lot of statements like "McPake brought in players A and B" and "McPake handed out multi year contracts to X, Y and Z." Do they know the players who have come in are the manager`s first pick? Perhaps, more likely, they are the players the club has managed to bring in, working within a budget with financial constraints? Was it McPake`s decision to hand out 2 or 3 year contracts to certain players, or was it from the Board?

Disagree completely, the management team...infact anyone in the game know it is a results based business and are well aware of the ramifications if results are not up to scratch.

We are very close to that point. 2 or 3 bad results away.

Add to that the level of non performance yesterday and someone should be held to account.

Anything else is just naive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 4 Feb 11:08

Peter Grant and John Hughes were (rightly) criticised for not changing things when we were on terrible runs of form. Why should McPake be exempt from being held accountable to the same standards?

It was clear from very early on yesterday that our tactics weren’t working and Morton had an effective game plan to exploit our weaknesses. Other than an enforced sub (when he brought on a winger to play as a striker and didn’t change the tactics/shape), the manager didn’t change anything to try and fix this. Once it got to 3-0, it was far too late. Even then, he made changes to personnel, but kept the same shape/system that Morton had been destroying.

It’s been the same story for the last 7 games. We’ve stuck with this same system, despite the fact everyone in the league has worked out how to play against it. We’re seeing the same mistakes and showing the same vulnerabilities in every game and the players and coaching team clearly haven’t been fixing these issues. There’s no excuse for that, I’m afraid. Especially when he was (deservedly) praised for his ability to mix things up last season. I can’t understand why he’s now refusing to change things to turn around this horrendous form.

I’m not saying he needs sacked right now. But he needs to stop being so stubborn, if we’re going to avoid relegation. I’m definitely losing patience and any goodwill from winning the seaside league has long gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 13:15

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 13:51

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 4 Feb 09:11

You mean Xavi? 🤔😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 15:04

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 4 Feb 13:51

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 4 Feb 09:11

You mean Xavi? 🤔😂

Either suggestions just as crazy as some being posted!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 15:20

"This thread is completely disrespectful to James McPake and Dave Mackay by inviting fans to speculate on their successors while they are still in post and may well continue to be for some time to come."

Sorry GG but that`s the nature of football. Take the plaudits when they come, take the criticism when it comes. At the end of the day, this is dafc.net not JamesMcPake.net, we need to be concerned about the overall health of the club and not anyone who, with the best will in the World, is a transient figure in the story of the club.

"It`s not that long ago we were sitting comfortably in 4th and most posters appeared to be reasonably happy with our progress as a newly promoted club."

FWIW, I don`t think we were ever "comfortable" in 4th place - even when we were in the final play off spot we were only ever a fee points ahead of 7th or 8th, let alone 5th. While there were many posters who appeared reasonably happy, there were also plenty who were worried we weren`t kicking on and that our squad lacked quality.

In terms of who`s out there, I have no idea tbqhwy. If a change has to be made - and I`m not saying there should be, necessarily - you don`t want to end up in another John Hughes situation. Sticking or twisting, either way it`s a massive gamble and we need to make sure we get it right no matter what we do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 16:38

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 04 Feb 11:08

Deary me! Disrespectful to McPake? The board and McPake are treating the fans like fools. What was served up yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. So don’t lecture people on being disrespectful. What a load of patronising tosh.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 17:48

Fxk off Riva, disrespectful? Seriously?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 17:59

Disrespectful 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ the worlds gone mad 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:09

Nevermind disrespectful, I’d expect a half decent board to looking at what their plan might be should we loose the next game or if there’s no Improvement in the next 2 games etc

It might be to do nothing and hope it turns round but they should be constantly reviewing their options and evaluating costs of doing something vs doing nothing etc

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:16

What makes you think they don`t? You always assume the worst of everyone connected with the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:39

Did I say they don’t?

I said they should be and that it’s not disrespectful for them to do that or for us to speculate on here when mcpake has us as the form horse for relegation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:55

We might get relegated but we shall have a new academy producing players I around 5 years time. I for one don’t blame Mcpake for this. He is trying to do his job with one hand tied behind his back. A huge gamble imo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 18:56

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sun 4 Feb 17:48

I posted my opinion. You don`t agree with it. No problem. Why do you feel it necessary to tell me to eff off?

I didn`t say whether McPake should stay or go. The time to discuss who you would like to see as the new manager should surely be after the post is vacant?

Eta. I understand that there are a lot of angry Pars fans right now after that abject capitulation yesterday. The buck stops with McPake, but he hasn't become a poor manager overnight. He's not blameless, but there are reasons for the poor run out with his control.

I'm not convinced that sacking him now would solve our problems.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 19:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:05

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 4 Feb 18:56

Quote:

I posted my opinion. You don`t agree with it. No problem. Why do you feel it necessary to tell me to eff off?

I didn`t say whether McPake should stay or go. The time to discuss who you would like to see as the new manager should surely be after the post is vacant?

Eta. I understand that there are a lot of angry Pars fans right now after that abject capitulation yesterday. The buck stops with McPake, but he hasn`t become a poor manager overnight. He`s not blameless, but there are reasons for the poor run out with his control.

I`m not convinced that sacking him now would solve our problems.

Also don`t believe sacking the manager is the right decision .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:06

I predicted all this at the start of the season. Scapegoats and expectations based on the successful previous season.

I’ve been noticing our manager’s body language in recent weeks especially in his post match interviews. He looked dejected after the Queens Park game, out of sorts last week despite the point v the league leaders, and yesterday the same.

He knows the injuries list is concerning to all concerned but he can only work with what he can. I don’t envy his job at all. I just hope the board help him and we can get our players back sooner rather than later to get out of this rut. We could do with some luck.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:07

We have a manager .. irrespective if we think he is the right man or not .. But I have to agree with GG ..It is disrespectful to suggest replacements when JM is still on board .. Yesterday was probably one of the worst inept performance I have seen as a Pars supporter and I can understand the reaction from many on here
But to suggest other managers while we still have one is wrong
To put it into context I worked beside a guy who had his Mother measured for her coffin while she was still alive (true)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:16

It`s weird how people seem to think the sort of respect and common decency you would give in everyday life is irrelevant because it`s football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:35

"We might get relegated but we shall have a new academy producing players I around 5 years time. I for one don’t blame Mcpake for this. He is trying to do his job with one hand tied behind his back. A huge gamble imo"

he has said plenty of times the academy and training ground were big reasons in wanting the job, he knew what he was getting in to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:43

Quote:

GJS93, Sun 4 Feb 19:35

"We might get relegated but we shall have a new academy producing players I around 5 years time. I for one don’t blame Mcpake for this. He is trying to do his job with one hand tied behind his back. A huge gamble imo"

he has said plenty of times the academy and training ground were big reasons in wanting the job, he knew what he was getting in to.

Do you think he thought it was an either or? Why would he not want a competitive squad AND the academy? I`ll bet you a £ to a penny if he had to choose one or the other, he`d opt for a competitive squad. He`s unlikely to be our manager by the time the academy begins to bear fruit, either through choice or because he`s been sacked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:56

Personally I think it is not the right time yet for a new manager, however the errors of man management he made were to place two new players to displace potential players we have at the club like Miller Fenton, who was solid against Queens Park. There is the risk of these boys knowing they are down the pecking order to incoming loan players and also that the new players don’t know how the opposition play I.e. physical and high press.
Was McPake told that these boys have to play as part of the agreement? We will never know due to contractual obligations. Just that anything is possible.
I normally have an up down thinking of Chalmers but he should have been hooked before half time and not after 50plus minutes.
All I can say is something is not right with the players just now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:16

"It`s weird how people seem to think the sort of respect and common decency you would give in everyday life is irrelevant because it`s football."

In what other jobs do people usually only stay for between a few months and a few years? Is it disrespectful to speculate about who the next Bond will be when the current actor has a film to promote (as has happened plenty times)? Is it disrespectful to speculate about how Keir Starner might do in number 10 when Rishi Sunak is still prime minister? Is it disrespectful to wonder who will take over from Gary Lineker on MotD when he`s still hosting it? Because these are fairly comparable positions, whereas nobody is paying attention to who a manager in an office is (although it`s quite common to think that someone who impresses you in a more junior role might do well the next time the job comes up, which is how my missus got her current position).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:32

If you can`t see the difference between the supporters of a provincial football club speculating on the club`s forum about the successor to a manager who is still in post and people speculating about national figures who are so remote from them to be irrelevant to those figures then I can`t help you I`m afraid.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:53

Fek off with any available managers out there..McPake is much better than anything you .net roasters want in!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 07:58

Lee Bullen or Ian McCall?

You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 07:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 08:29

Quote:

Quote:

Eta. I understand that there are a lot of angry Pars fans right now after that abject capitulation yesterday. The buck stops with McPake, but he hasn`t become a poor manager overnight. He`s not blameless, but there are reasons for the poor run out with his control.

Apologies for that, was on the sauce.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 08:45

Quote:

EastEndTales, Mon 5 Feb 08:29

Quote:

Quote:

Apologies for that, was on the sauce.

Apology accepted. No harm done. I`m quite thick skinned. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 09:36

In keeping with so much on this site, this thread is a complete disgrace. No matter who people who post on here are talking about, DAFC employees are human and have feelings, and have the right to earn a living without having to deal with the abuse thrown at them in here, both players and management alike.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 09:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 09:45

So are you beat pals with the management wee eck, is that what it is? Because the players, coaches and management of a football club are pretty remote to me too. I don`t know them and apart from organised fan events I`ve never met them. Notice also you didn`t comment on which other positions are similar enough that successors will be commented on (seeing how the term of most other roles aren`t comparable) or about people in factories and offices speculating on people who might be a good fit for a future role of it comes up. Any reason why?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 10:22

Of course I`m not pals with the manager but we have a common personal interest, something I don`t share with Keir Starmer, Daniel Craig or Gary Lineker. People discussing work matters with colleagues are unlikely to be posting them on a public forum. I don`t understand why fans can`t just make legitimate criticism and leave it at that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 13:30

As always, football is a two way street. Managers and players will happily look for other jobs while still at a club, they`ll have their agent put feelers out, they`ll apply for jobs and go for pre-interviews before asking if their current club will release them or resign so they can take up other jobs. That happens in football, fans commenting on possible replacements happens. Like I say - two way street.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net