DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Posters
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 15:22

Is it a coincidence that our biggest home defeat for several years has seen dotnet hoaching with "new" posters?šŸ¤”

Welcome aboard chaps. So many of you with posts in single figures. Where have you all been hiding? It`s a pity you weren`t able to join us in happier times, like the tail-end of last season when we beat Falkirk or smashed QoS to clinch the League 1 title.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Posters
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:14

Very bitter OP. You can`t genuinely be surprised given the embarrassing effort at the weekend and the much more prolonged lack of form that people now voice their opinion.

Success and failure will bring people out to express their congratulations or their criticisms and it might not be the same people doing both but the numbers on the forum at either of these times will increase surely.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigCheese  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:24

A very warm welcome as expected, is there a minimum post requirement to have your opinion voiced on here? Must have missed that when I signed up.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:40

Can only imagine that after our worst performance in many years and the standard of the defenders who played on sat have a few are looking for somewhere to vent their concerns and frustrations.

Back to being drenched in my own negativityā€¦.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:43

Worst home defeat since 2007 and your more worried about whoā€™s posting their opinions than the state of the team šŸ¤£

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:48

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Mon 5 Feb 16:14

Very bitter OP. You can`t genuinely be surprised given the embarrassing effort at the weekend and the much more prolonged lack of form that people now voice their opinion.

Success and failure will bring people out to express their congratulations or their criticisms and it might not be the same people doing both but the numbers on the forum at either of these times will increase surely.

Not at all bitter, Westie. Just heavily ironic. I don`t believe for a minute that all these posters are new. I strongly suspect many of them have just signed up with a new username to vent their spleens at the Pars abject performance at the weekend,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:50

Big Cheese`s first post was actually quite positive so I don`t think we should conclude that all new posters had the same motivation.

A fan who sits near me and views the forum but doesn`t post told me on Saturday that he had deleted the app from his phone as he was fed up with the amount of negativity from some posters.

Welcome to all new posters. We were all `new` once.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:57

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 5 Feb 16:40

Can only imagine that after our worst performance in many years and the standard of the defenders who played on sat have a few are looking for somewhere to vent their concerns and frustrations.

If you saw what I saw and thought it acceptable in this day and age then I seriously worry for you.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:53

Iā€™ve been on this for several years but rarely post, are you trying to say that new people on the app shouldnā€™t be posting? The more the merrier in my eyes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:02

Plenty people I know who just use the forum for information and hardly/never post, just because post numbers are small doesn`t necessarily mean new posters.

Just seems another thread to stoke up differences between posters and isn`t really needed..........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:03

Not sure who you`re asking, 13en, but I`m certainly not discouraging anyone from posting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:07

Its a Forum anyone can post be it regurarly or now and again , the more the merrier COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:27

I thought you were going to imply some of them were interlopers from other clubs here to stir.

It wouldn`t be the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:33

Quote:

parsfan, Mon 5 Feb 18:27

I thought you were going to imply some of them were interlopers from other clubs here to stir.

It wouldn`t be the first time.

Having now read the last few hours worth of posts on The Board thread, I can see how someone might come to the conclusion you I thought you might have come to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:56

Depends on what you mean by new.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:07

Typical elitist nonsense from GG.

Welcome all new posters!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:03

Quote:

13en, Mon 5 Feb 17:53

Iā€™ve been on this for several years but rarely post, are you trying to say that new people on the app shouldnā€™t be posting? The more the merrier in my eyes

Not at all, 13en. I was just asking where all the new usernames appeared from and why at this moment. I may have completely misjudged the situation and all these new posters are indeed new. Apologies to anyone who has been wrongly accused of being an old poster pretending to be a new one, but I wasn`t suggesting everyone was.

If folk want to change their username, that`s their prerogative, but rightly or wrongly, it can lead to speculation by those who stick with the one they started with. There was no intent on my part to offend or divide fellow Pars fans - but maybe a bit mischievous on my part.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Super Johnnie  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:14

I`m an occasional rather than new poster. And a Pars fan for near on 60 years, so yes I`ve experienced the thick and thin. I came out of the woodwork to make a specific point (about the coaching team deciding not to make any changes at half-time) which nobody else seemed to be talking about. The post "Insanity" was supportive of the current management, but I accept it could have been interpreted as an attack. Football is a game of opinions, as someone once said. I reserve the right to remain silent unless I think I`ve got something worth saying. Does this sound reasonable to you?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:31

Quote:

Super Johnnie, Mon 5 Feb 20:14

I`m an occasional rather than new poster. And a Pars fan for near on 60 years, so yes I`ve experienced the thick and thin. I came out of the woodwork to make a specific point (about the coaching team deciding not to make any changes at half-time) which nobody else seemed to be talking about. The post "Insanity" was supportive of the current management, but I accept it could have been interpreted as an attack. Football is a game of opinions, as someone once said. I reserve the right to remain silent unless I think I`ve got something worth saying. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Absolutely.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:35

The only forum you have to say if your an old poster or new.. šŸ˜…šŸ˜… .net banter!
Iv been yellow,red and black carded to return to a yellow and I have to say having a laugh nowadays on here is lovely me watching paint dryā€¦but hey hošŸ˜…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:37

But have to say wee Eck top admin and banteršŸ˜³

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 20:49

I don`t know where you got the idea I was Admin. I might sue!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 23:13

I suppose its a lot harder to take such a bad display and result on the chin and offer helpful advice, rather than give vent to angry and frustrated comments. I take my Dunfermline tammy off to the poster on another thread who said that he stayed right to the end and clapped the team off. Sadly I didn`t do that, I left after the 4th goal went in, which gave me the opportunity to wend my weary way back to Glasgow in the semi light. But I would imagine that the two new boys in defence might have gained some encouragement if we had at least suffered in silence, rather than booing the team off. Maybe our attitude as supporters gives us the team we deserve. That`s not to say we should be happy with underachieving but a whole lot of negativity in a crisis doesn`t seem a wise course of action.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 23:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 03:18

Believe it or not. There is a fair amount of Pars support that does go outwith .net. No sure it makes anyone better than anyone else. I'll get the signed tops out if I need to.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Feb 03:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 06:24

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 5 Feb 23:13

I suppose its a lot harder to take such a bad display and result on the chin and offer helpful advice, rather than give vent to angry and frustrated comments. I take my Dunfermline tammy off to the poster on another thread who said that he stayed right to the end and clapped the team off. Sadly I didn`t do that, I left after the 4th goal went in, which gave me the opportunity to wend my weary way back to Glasgow in the semi light. But I would imagine that the two new boys in defence might have gained some encouragement if we had at least suffered in silence, rather than booing the team off. Maybe our attitude as supporters gives us the team we deserve. That`s not to say we should be happy with underachieving but a whole lot of negativity in a crisis doesn`t seem a wise course of action.

Good post, Paralex.

I, too, left before the 5th goal. I feel a bit ashamed of myself now, but at the time, it was just too painful to watch, and I took some comfort from the fact that there weren`t many left inside the stadium. I didn`t want to stay to the end to boo the team off, nor did I want to listen to angry fans who did.

I stayed away from dotnet on Saturday evening but read through the many threads the next day and noticed a number of unfamiliar usernames. No doubt the frustration at that totally unacceptable display got to me and was the reason I started this provocative thread. I have never seen myself as divisive or elitist, and I certainly wasn`t lecturing anyone, but the biting sarcasm was misplaced and unnecessary. I regret the anger it aroused in some posters.

As if we weren`t all angry enough......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 07:02

Yes we were all gutted angry and majorly disappointed. But somehow you managed to think of the unfamiliar faces of this forum
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 08:26

Good posts paralex and GG

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 08:27

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 5 Feb 23:13

Maybe our attitude as supporters gives us the team we deserve.

WHAT??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 10:54

I have to admit I have been struggling to go to watch the Pars this season. I have never felt so detached from the Pars and disinterested. I think a lot of that comes from the make up of the squad and that I think sits with the board. Im not concerned with who posts on here and who doesn`t. I take my hat off to everybody who is still going to games and following the team at this time. I bought my season ticket in the summer with some excitement and haven`t used it. If I was living in Dunfermline it might be different, travelling from Glasgow, adds a barrier that I am struggling to get over. I haven`t had a problem with the BOD until this season but I get the distinct feeling they have lost interest in the "project" and that filters down to the team. I let them off with their appointment of Peter Grant and what that did with the side and I think they have had a reasonable amount of time to show their intent. If there were signs of progress I would be happy but from what I can see they have taken the club backwards. We have had a horrendous season with injuries but we do have a large income compared to our peers. Unlike them we wont bring the level of players required in to the side and you cant win games with just potential. Hopefully, things will change but I wont be travelling to watch us fail to compete in a relegation battle.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 11:25

So you`ve come to the conclusion that they`re not worth watching without having seen them, Benny74? What persuaded you to buy a season ticket?

I don`t think it`s fair to say the Board have `lost interest in the Project` when visible progress is being made at the site in Rosyth.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 11:52

I get where Benny is coming from. I live in Aberdeen and like him I had a season ticket for years up until this season as I believed that this financial commitment plus the monthly CC was my ā€œ helpā€ to the club . This season I considered the fact that every home game and some away games was costing anywhere upwards of Ā£40 in petrol or transport tickets. I just felt the connection with the team wearing down and the enthusiasm and enjoyment of Saturday coming round was being lost so I choose to do something else with that money. I dare say if the product on the park was better the fuse may be lit again ( I hark back to Dick and Bertā€™s playing style for when I enjoyed most) but the standard of most SPFL teams skill wise is at an all time low and although there can still be drama , the disillusionment of fans with the game domestically is definitely out there. I am really sorry to say that too as a football fan of nearly 50 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 12:05

I completely understand both Benny and Jojoā€™s position.
I think if I lived so far away, Iā€™d be there a lot less too.?
The standard of football has declined over the years and thatā€™s across the whole of Scottish football.
Itā€™s one thing going to a game in a tee shirt. Itā€™s entirely different in the middle of a Scottish winter

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 06 Feb 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 12:16

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 13:13

I`m one of those people new to the forum, but who has followed it for a while and been a fan of the club for 30 years. I think I`ve probably posted twice this season, largely because I`m busy, I live away and can`t always get to games. Some people will be like me and that should be totally fine.

Its clear that most people are feeling pretty frustrated right now and I think thats in part where this thread came from. It won`t put me off posting again and I respect the fact that the OP has provided more explanation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 13:47

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Tue 6 Feb 12:16

Christ...what an obnoxious thing to post - indicative of everything that`s toxic about this forum. Imagine losing sleep over new members signing up to vent their frustrations after heavy defeat.......have a word with yourself GG.

I have Ormiston_Par and it won`t happen again. My angst is lessened a little by PansPar`s gracious response above, who has read my explanation for my transgression.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 14:09

Eck, settle, I just wanted to communicate how I felt this year. I never said they were not worth watching. Clearly I am not in a position to comment this season. I feel detached from the club. Maybe I should watch the progress being made on the training ground instead but that wont keep you in this league.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 14:19

Settle? I was just curious to know what happened between you buying your ST and then struggling to go to games.

If you`re going to invest in youth you`ve got to bite the bullet and get it started at some point. I don`t see it as being a choice between doing that and staying in the Championship.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Feb 14:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 14:26

Hopefully it isnt a choice. Time will tell. I think we are relying on loan signings more and more and there (for me) doesnt seem to be the same connection between the club and fans. Just how I feel.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 18:10

These new posters that have come out and shared their views is the biggest positive Iā€™ve taken from the Morton game.

Itā€™s always been the case that weā€™ve had a silent majority on this forum, viewing from afar so to take that step and start posting shouldnā€™t be viewed as negative and that theyā€™re just on for throwing digs.

Itā€™s the opposite, these are fans that are passionate for their club who can no longer stand back and not air their views and share their feelings.

Iā€™m all for it, and encourage more out there to share their opinions because quite frankly, itā€™s no doubt going to be more sensible and thought provoking than some of the nonsense thatā€™s spouted on the forum on a day to day basis anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 18:22

Anybody can post here and its got nowt to do with anybody else. What utter nonsense for so called regulars to administer advice and opinions, away and chase yourselves. Only person(s) who should concern themselves with posters are admin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 18:58

I`ve never thought this forum was representative of the Pars` support. I would say the majority view on here is negative but that doesn`t tally with the impression I get from talking to fans, most of whom don`t post but occasionally view the posts and express surprise at the volume and nature of criticism. Not scientific, of course, purely anecdotal. I doubt this is confined to Pars` fans. I think social media in general tends to attract critical commentary.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 20:59

I think the point could be well made, that it would be very nice to see all the new posters coming back, in better days to heap some deserved praise on the team when it`s due. It does seem that maybe that goes against the grain with many. It used to be posited that a football match was a great place for those with very stressful lives to let off steam by shouting and bawling at their team for 90 minutes. Job done, the stress rolls off, psychological balance restored. I thought that philosophy was left behind with the dinosaurs but maybe not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 20:59

Honestly I have never felt welcomed on this site and any post I put up the usual mob just put me downā€¦sometimes I sit in a corner and ask why?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 21:03

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 6 Feb 20:59

Honestly I have never felt welcomed on this site and any post I put up the usual mob just put me downā€¦sometimes I sit in a corner and ask why?

šŸ˜‚ poor effort

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 06 Feb 21:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 22:07

How dare you Raymie!!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 08:04

Welcome to all new posters. This forum could definitely do with a wider perspective, and all polite views very welcome.

Itā€™s often good to re-invent yourself, so Iā€™ve no problem with ā€œoldā€ posters doing just that.

If only some of the team from last Saturday could re-invent themselves as football players, weā€™ll all be happy. šŸ˜Ž
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 09:03

What are you saying SeasonedPar, that some of the team are im--- posters? Yaaaaawn, I`m away back to my four poster.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 09:37

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 7 Feb 09:03

What are you saying SeasonedPar, that some of the team are im--- posters? Yaaaaawn, I`m away back to my four poster.

Sociological research acknowledges that the individual is not simply defined by. one identity evolved from societal structures, but rather by various ones. These. identities ā€“ formed due to social roles, include age, gender, reference groups, social.

So youā€™re actually 4 posters, Paralex?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 09:42

According to some, SeasonedPar, I`m more of a roaster than a poster.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 10:50

Roaster Poster
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Ā© 2021-- DAFC.net