DAFC.net
Home 04 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rosyth Fc
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 12:34

Rosyth have closed the doors on the club with immediate effect. They cannot agree to the new terms being forced upon them in respect to the proposed ground development, making the club not financially sustainable.Sad news indeed.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rosyth Fc
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 12:55

Statement on Facebook (no account required)

Anyone know the details?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 13:27

This is a very sad state of affairs. The Club have been shafted by Fife Council, LIDL, Dunfermline Athletic FC, and now it seems, Pitreavie.
I`ve got to admit, I don`t like The Pars part in all this, not really aligned to the fair play ideology the Club want to adhere to
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 13:58

I thought Lidl were funding the new pitch at pitreavie (because Rosyth FC were displaced with them building a store in Rosyth) and that new pitch would be their home pitch? Is that not happening?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 14:05

is there a "pars part in all this".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 14:35

Lidl pulled out of their plan to build a store in Rosyth. So Rosyth loses a football club and the prospect of a new supermarket.
Fife council has a lot to answer for in all this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 14:38

"is there a "pars part in all this"."

Yes, the original plans for our training base included Rosyth using one of our pitches and I believe a wee stand or enclosure was going to be built too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 14:50

Do not blame pitreavie in this, they had a 50/50 agreement, rosyth didnt not pay up there side of the money, so pitreavie started hiring it out, and refusing them access, for obvious reasons

It also helps when they comittee reports u20s coaches for stealing 4 figure sums from club rather than let it go

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 15:41

looks like the "plans" were actually the council proposing that Rosyth would use the facility that was in the planning stage (potentially to reduce council having to fund something elsewhere after spending the Rec park site money)

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19215795.dunfermline-athletic-team-rosyth-fc-shared-facility-proposals/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 16:56

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 7 Feb 13:27

This is a very sad state of affairs. The Club have been shafted by Fife Council, LIDL, Dunfermline Athletic FC, and now it seems, Pitreavie.
I`ve got to admit, I don`t like The Pars part in all this, not really aligned to the fair play ideology the Club want to adhere to

They approached us as we rejected the idea, Ross McArthur explained that clearly, absolutely nothing to do with DAFC and never was there an agreement for them to use/join our training ground in Rosyth. Just some conifer members thinking it would work….

Be good to hear your side though
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net