DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tv on Friday
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:22

Was on the fence about attending on Friday. Will now watch on tele with a nice glass of red. At least I can switch over.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tv on Friday
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:25

Plus point is at least we won’t get beat on a sat and for 20minutes we’ll look decent and capable of causing an upset…then United will score.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:53

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 9 Mar 18:25

Plus point is at least we won’t get beat on a sat and for 20minutes we’ll look decent and capable of causing an upset…then United will score.

See what I mean. Boring

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:14

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 9 Mar 18:22

Was on the fence about attending on Friday. Will now watch on tele with a nice glass of red. At least I can switch over.

I rarely miss home games but I said this to my son on way home that I probably won`t go and watch on TV instead. Thing is I`ve said this before but I can see Eastend from my house and the floodlights usually entice me down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:19

I have always thought that true ‘fans’ of any club attend through the good and the bad, if finances allow. It’s a job for life

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 19:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:26

We need to be there in numbers. We need to help our team get points. Some people actually seem to perversely want us to go down. I get the frustration but lets do our part.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:39

Quote:

cfad, Sat 9 Mar 19:19

I have always thought that true ‘fans’ of any club attend through the good and the bad, if finances allow. It’s a job for life

Exactly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:42

Quote:

pacifist, Sat 9 Mar 19:26

We need to be there in numbers. We need to help our team get points. Some people actually seem to perversely want us to go down. I get the frustration but lets do our part.

One of our best victories was in the Scottish Cup against Rangers 3-2 there was a very poor home support , so folk being there will make little or no difference to the result .

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:50

Quote:

Oh here we go 😂 someone says they aren’t attending a game thats televised, on a Friday night during a poor run against the league leaders and the “true fan” rhetoric comes out…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:52

Quote:

pacifist, Sat 09 Mar 19:26

Like the fans did their job today. A great support with no return…. Again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TommyR  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:57

Quote:

Well said mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:00

Won`t be tuning in after last two games. Back to the old same p*sh as before the Thistle game all season.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:06

True fans attend games if finances allow even if it’s on the tv🤷 Aye but instead of forking out gate money and Stephen’s food pihs I can have a few cans and a decent Indian watching the game on tv🤷🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:15

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 9 Mar 20:06

True fans attend games if finances allow even if it’s on the tv🤷 Aye but instead of forking out gate money and Stephen’s food pihs I can have a few cans and a decent Indian watching the game on tv🤷🤷

Not muchnof a fan then are you !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:16

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 09 Mar 20:15

Quote:

How many games have you been to this season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:51

Well,I am overseas in Houston ,Watch every game on pars tv ,purchase 2 season tkts that I can`t attend and give to others .
Provide financial support for a number of ongoing projects .Supported the Pars week in week out when back at home ,Ran a number of supporters busses ,Bruciefield (kirky) inverkeithing bus .

Your turn big guy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:02

Maybe been to 15 games this season but unlike you diehard Bamba after a hard weeks work it’s decent if the game is on tv. Plus buying 3 home strips and a lot extra from the shop…..and tbh the strips are not made very well like Stephen’s birdies so the pars football experience is pihs on a Friday night!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:12

My comment about watching it on TV actually had nothing to do with today`s result but more the fact I fancy sitting warm with my feet up for a change. I give up my Saturday near enough every weekend during the season so I don`t think it makes me any less of a fan if I fancy sitting one out to watch it on TV.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:13

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 9 Mar 20:51

Well,I am overseas in Houston ,Watch every game on pars tv ,purchase 2 season tkts that I can`t attend and give to others .
Provide financial support for a number of ongoing projects .Supported the Pars week in week out when back at home ,Ran a number of supporters busses ,Bruciefield (kirky) inverkeithing bus .

Your turn big guy

Good for you, what an inspiration you are to all Pars fans as to what a “true fan” constitutes……talk about entitlement 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 09 Mar 21:02

Maybe been to 15 games this season but unlike you diehard Bamba after a hard weeks work it’s decent if the game is on tv. Plus buying 3 home strips and a lot extra from the shop…..and tbh the strips are not made very well like Stephen’s birdies so the pars football experience is pihs on a Friday night!

I was sticking up for you mate. Folk are too quick to jump on other fans for choosing to do other things with their cash when the football is a dire experience. I have also bought a season ticket for the wee man, 2 sets of strips etc, however I will also be watching the game in the house on Friday. There can be no excuses for the monumental f*ck ups the board have made over the last few years, you reap what you sow.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:25

I apologise Bamba.. and have a good tv viewing👍

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:43

Aye knock yourselves out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:21

More whataboutery by da no 1….

You can say its boring all you want to detract from from what actually happening on the pitch just now…

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:53

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 9 Mar 22:21

More whataboutery by da no 1….

You can say its boring all you want to detract from from what actually happening on the pitch just now…

Do know the meaning of the saying "whataboutery"?

I think not

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:48

No amount of fans will win or lose the game on Friday, only the players can dig themselves out of an ever-increasing hole.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:54

Can’t blame anyone not wanting to go watch us the now. Feels like such a chore and the football getting played isn’t exactly great. Can’t wait for the season to be over tbh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 06:54

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 9 Mar 19:42

Quote:

pacifist, Sat 9 Mar 19:26

One of our best victories was in the Scottish Cup against Rangers 3-2 there was a very poor home support , so folk being there will make little or no difference to the result .

That`s a bold statement, Salton. Nobody`s suggesting fans score or stop goals, but how do you explain the phenomenon we call "home advantage"? The ratio of home wins to away is 3:2, or 60%:40% on average, across every league on the planet.

No doubt there are various contributory factors, but surely you can`t discount the positive reinforcement the players receive from the usually larger, more vociferous home support? Many players often say as much. Do you think they are merely humouring or patronising us?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 12:08

An extra 200 folk who come to the ground rather than watch on TV, isn`t going to turn our team into world beaters

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 12:35

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 10 Mar 12:08

An extra 200 folk who come to the ground rather than watch on TV, isn`t going to turn our team into world beaters

Maybe if we played all 200 at once.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 13:43

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sun 10 Mar 12:35

Quote:

Maybe if we played all 200 at once.

But would Mcpake stick with 3 at the back, 195 in midfield, and 1 up top

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 20:18

Quote:

You`ve shifted your ground quite a bit there, Salton. Initially, you said,

"No amount of fans will win or lose the game on Friday, only the players can dig themselves out of an ever-increasing hole."

Now you`re talking about 200 fans. Which is it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 20:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 Mar 20:18

Quote:

"No amount of fans will win or lose the game on Friday, only the players can dig themselves out of an ever-increasing hole."

Do you seriously think 2000 fans are going to watch it on the TV?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 05:48

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 10 Mar 20:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 Mar 20:18

Quote:

Draws

Do you seriously think 2000 fans are going to watch it on the TV?

I`m really confused now. You`ve just added a 0 to your estimate of 200 fans. 🤔

To be clear, I think you`re suggesting that the number of fans providing encouragement to their team makes little or no difference to the final result of a game. I disagree with that view. I firmly believe that strong vocal backing can inspire players to perform at a higher level. It`s called positive reinforcement. It`s one of the reasons which combine to produce the phenomenon we know as "home advantage."

Statistically, a draw is the least likely result in games. If we ignore draws the likelihood of a home win is 60% and an away win is 40%. That`s quite a significant difference.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 21:13

Quote:

Agree with this 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 21:18

Quote:

fergie, Wed 13 Mar 21:13

Quote:

Agree with this 👍

People might just not fancy going to game for what ever reason. Doesn`t make them any less of a fan.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 21:20

Quote:

NikNakPar, Wed 13 Mar 21:18

Quote:

Quote:

Agree with this 👍

People might just not fancy going to game for what ever reason. Doesn`t make them any less of a fan.

Aye when you grow up a bit, life sometimes gets in the way. Something the SUPERDUPER fan won`t ever get.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 22:45

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 09 Mar 20:15

Quote:

Away and stick that up your hoop

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 10:39

Quote:

EastEndTales, Wed 13 Mar 21:20

Quote:

NikNakPar, Wed 13 Mar 21:18

Quote:

Quote:

Agree with this 👍

Aye when you grow up a bit, life sometimes gets in the way. Something the SUPERDUPER fan won`t ever get.

Different thing. He`s not talking about folk who [I]can`t[/I] go. He`s talking about someone who could go, but chooses to stay at home because it`s on tv, and they can`t be bothered.

Surely you`d agree that in Real Fan Top Trumps, those who go get more points?

But but but I bought a strip...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:08

I haven`t bought a strip in a while.

But I have paid a fair but to Parstv...pretty sure that`s worth a few points?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 12:13

Quote:

EastEndTales, Thu 14 Mar 11:08

I haven`t bought a strip in a while.

But I have paid a fair but to Parstv...pretty sure that`s worth a few points?

I`ll raise it with the committee 😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 20:04

I really don’t fancy it tmrw but I’ll be there.

I finish work early so I’ll probably head along to the Old Inn for a few pints pre match too, I actually don’t mind these Friday evening games. Leaves the rest of your weekend free and open to do whatever instead of having to base your whole Saturday around going to the football.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net