DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Caley Thistle going into administration?
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:11

Rumours on PnB that directors don`t want to cover losses anymore and they might miss out on a 7 figure lump sum relating to some nearby project.
Sad if true, decent club.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Caley Thistle going into administration?
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:23

Decent club, yeah. Not disputing that. But have they not lived beyond their means for years? You don`t build a scottish cup winning team on gates of a few thousand. All good till the sugar daddies pull the plug.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:31

If they go bust my view is that they should be replaced by Dundee.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:51

Leaving Telford Street was a big mistake, great atmosphere in that ground, also, no amenities anywhere near their stadium has not helped.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 11:56

Are they not looking at getting planning permission for some type of electric storage facility that could bring in millions. Maybe just putting pressure on the local council saying if they don`t get permission, they will go into administration.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 12:10

Permission refused.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 12:34

As much as it`s sad the decision hasn`t gone their way, local authorities shouldn`t be pressured into taking the WRONG decision just because it will have a negative impact on a private business. They should be working with that business to ensure they investigate ways of bringing forward a successful proposal. Hopefully ICT can work with Highland Council on an alternative proposal. However, I`d also argue they shouldn`t have pinned all their hopes on this one decision. We went into administration because of reckless planning like this. Remember the hotel plan? Remember the assumption of average crowds of 7-8k? Remember the expectation of making masses of money through European success?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 12:58

" Remember the hotel plan? Remember the assumption of average crowds of 7-8k? Remember the expectation of making masses of money through European success?"

remember planning for the plan offs, remember planning for away crowds being bigger

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:01

I asked one of my ICT friends who is on the Trust ~ follow the link. Not good news.

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/post/the-highland-councils-rejection-of-the-battery-park-planning-application?

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:15

Bandy, what do you mean by "be replaced by Dundee"?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:18

I`ll take that....hope they recover but this would save our season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:19

Could be a lifeline for us if they do fall into admin. A points deduction for them could save us from relegation.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:30

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Thu 14 Mar 11:51

Leaving Telford Street was a big mistake, great atmosphere in that ground, also, no amenities anywhere near their stadium has not helped.

I`m old enough to remember going to games at all three Inverness clubs.
Thistle were just up the road from me with caley being the furthest away but as I spent most Saturdays at the harbour (opposite the muirton hotel) I had to pass their ground.
It amazes me that clachnacudden are still going .
Their ground was a bit of a dive back then truth be told.
Probably a lot better now.... hopefully.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:41

Quote:

widtink, Thu 14 Mar 13:30

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Thu 14 Mar 11:51

I`m old enough to remember going to games at all three Inverness clubs.
Thistle were just up the road from me with caley being the furthest away but as I spent most Saturdays at the harbour (opposite the muirton hotel) I had to pass their ground.
It amazes me that clachnacudden are still going .
Their ground was a bit of a dive back then truth be told.
Probably a lot better now.... hopefully.

Lived in Inverness for 15 years and followed all three clubs as well as the trip down the A9 to East End. Caley Club and the Tarry Isle were the pubs to go to on a Saturday night in town, great memories.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:43

Clach have a wee stand on one side, and a wee terrace behind a goal where the social club is, but the big covered terrace is unused I think widtink. Last time I was there, there was a kid on a trampoline who was catching glimpses of the game over the hedge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:52

Let`s just win enough games ourselves instead of staying up because a team might go into administration
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:55

Quote:

The Boss, Thu 14 Mar 13:19

Could be a lifeline for us if they do fall into admin. A points deduction for them could save us from relegation.

I don`t remember the Pars being given a reprieve when Rangers went mammaries up in 2012. If the SPFL used the same tactics as then Falkirk and Hamilton would be promoted and the Pars would still be involved in a play-off with teams 3rd - 5th in League 1.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:56

I wonder if the planning has been rejected due to bitterness still lingering from the merger.

I remember getting a taxi back to my b and b after a nite out post match in what I think was our first ever away match against them. The taxi driver was genuinely distraught to learn that ICT had scored a late equaliser against us. He said I`ve been buzzing all nite thinking they had lost.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 13:57

Surely not GG. I imagine one of ICT or Arbroath would be 10th and the other 9th?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 14:00

Bandy, what do you mean by "be replaced by Dundee"?

It`s a reference to the Rangers liquidation. When Rangers were liquidated a new team in the top flight was needed. For some inexplicable reason Dundee were promoted from 2nd place in the old division, rather than Dunfermline being spared relegation.

At the time no-one could find a single precedent of an additional team being promoted over a relegation being cancelled. Scottish Football itself had plenty of examples of teams being spared relegation (Aberdeen in the Skovdahl era for one) over an additional promotion.

I`ve no idea why the decision was taken to relegate us and hand a nice promotion bonus to Dundee, and it still rankles.

Hence the `quip` that liquidated teams must be replaced by Dundee in all circumstances. I think it would be fitting for Dundee to get an undeserved relegation to sit alongside the undeserved promotion they got in 2012.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 14:14

Quote:

Livingston Par, Thu 14 Mar 13:57

Surely not GG. I imagine one of ICT or Arbroath would be 10th and the other 9th?

Yeah, I was just amusing myself with an outlandish scenario. It`s all Bandy`s fault for bringing up Dundee. Brought it all back. Still rankles with many Pars fans, Bandy, so you`re not alone.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 14:29

Ah gotcha

Forgot about the whole Graham Bayne posting a letter. Was that to accept Dundees place?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 15:00

There are legitimate reasons to reject it. I`d imagine they`ll take it to the Scottish Government for an appeal. The issue will be there are legitimate concerns about the proposed site so it`s unlikely to be overturned. They likely didn`t help themselves by putting pressure on councillors.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 16:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 14 Mar 13:55

Quote:

I don`t remember the Pars being given a reprieve when Rangers went mammaries up in 2012. If the SPFL used the same tactics as then Falkirk and Hamilton would be promoted and the Pars would still be involved in a play-off with teams 3rd - 5th in League 1.....

I was actually just meaning them finishing second bottom with a points deduction. Not them going bust which Rangers did. So it’s not really what I said.

We look destined to finish second bottom just now IMO. We need luck from all avenues to survive.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 17:59

Quote:

The Boss, Thu 14 Mar 16:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 14 Mar 13:55

Quote:

I was actually just meaning them finishing second bottom with a points deduction. Not them going bust which Rangers did. So it’s not really what I said.

We look destined to finish second bottom just now IMO. We need luck from all avenues to survive.

Yeah, I know. I explained further up that it`s all young Bandy`s fault. 😒

Your final sentence makes me glad you won`t be anywhere near the Pars dressing room between now and the end of the season. You can be sure every single player will go out with a positive mindset, believing they can beat United tomorrow. It might not happen but if they believe they can, they might.

There`s no such thing as destiny. You make your own by the way you tackle the challenges and obstacles in your path. Those unable or unwilling to meet those challenges talk about destiny. Very fatalistic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 18:20

Aye GG. My shouty unconventional yoga man occasionally barks at us "whether you think you can or whether you think you can`t, you`re probably right"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 18:44

People are comparing apples and oranges. If ICT go into admin they`ll face a points deduction as we did. The Rangers situation was different as the club ceased to exist. What should have happened was a new club should have been promoted into the bottom league. Instead they let Rangers in, which was a disgraceful decision IMO. As much as I dislike Airdrie, they had to buy over Clydebank to make their return. There was no "start at the bottom" option for them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 19:08

Quote:

jake89, Thu 14 Mar 18:44

People are comparing apples and oranges. If ICT go into admin they`ll face a points deduction as we did. The Rangers situation was different as the club ceased to exist. What should have happened was a new club should have been promoted into the bottom league. Instead they let Rangers in, which was a disgraceful decision IMO. As much as I dislike Airdrie, they had to buy over Clydebank to make their return. There was no "start at the bottom" option for them.

ICT should have merged with Clachnacuddin not Inverness Thistle and redeveloped Grant Street.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 19:20

Aiming for the longest footy club name?

Inverness Caledonian Clachnacuddin…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 19:31

I hope we stay up of our own accord.

However, if a club which Scot Gardiner runs happened to go into administration and that saved us from relegation, I would enjoy the karma in that scenario.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 19:34

All three clubs should have merged ....
Could have call it Inverness Caledonian Clachnacudden Thistle FC .
Or icctfc

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 20:20

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 14 Mar 11:31

If they go bust my view is that they should be replaced by Dundee.....

Sporting integrity and all that jazz if they really are struggling can Scott gardiner no go begging to rangers again it seemed to work last time

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:03

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 14 Mar 19:31

However, if a club which Scot Gardiner runs happened to go into administration and that saved us from relegation, I would enjoy the karma in that scenario.

Really ,and we are a shining light for fan ownership, lasted less than a few years and now ripping it up as an investor owned club .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:17

I`ve no idea what that`s got to do with my assessment that Scot Gardiner is a bellend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:20

I wish this on no club. A horrible horrible time. Hope they sort this out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:28

Knocked back be cause its a sledging site

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:31

Quote:

Did Scott Gardiner put us in administration or maybe a certain Mr Masterson

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:36

Deduction of points would induce a relegation scenario - or so you would think.

When it happened to Dundee they immediately went on a club record league unbeaten run, mostly wins if memory serves - and escaped the drop.

They did however have enough games left that season to make it to safety.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 22:42

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 14 Mar 22:31

Quote:

Did Scott Gardiner put us in administration or maybe a certain Mr Masterson

Still no idea what you`re driving at. No-one is blaming Scot Gardiner for our administration. His bellendery pre-dates us going into administration.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Fri 15 Mar 02:33

That project being rejected doesn`t mean Caley Thistle will go into admin (it would be strange if a club`s financial wellbeing was tied to an investment like that). But if it is true, it`s sad. Great football club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 15 Mar 07:45

Sad if true. It sums up the lack of sustainability in the Scottish game given the supporter numbers, league structures and costs associated with operating a club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Fri 15 Mar 13:34

The merger was originally going to involve all three Inverness teams, caley, thistle and clach but clach pulled out.

Earlier in the season there was a lot of talk about the club needing new investors as the current directors weren`t able/willing to sustain the club. since then they`ve changed manager and appear to have supported their new manager Duncan Ferguson with a number of new signings.

the club appear to have been relying on the battery storage scheme to make money and solve their problems. they have said they will appeal the decision, but without that it does put them back to the position where they need new investment at the very least.

they lost a generation of fans, as a large number of caley and thistle fans never supported the merged team. majority of caley fans are either people who have moved into the area after the merger or youngsters who never knew the pre-merger teams.

also very sad to the see the number of rangers and celtic fans in the area.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net