DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Could they throw Man City out??
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 10:52

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/man-city-face-expulsion-premier-league-commission-deducted-points-confirm-potential-punishment-major-ffp-breaches/blt1cf0d235505c66eb

Post Edited (Thu 21 Mar 10:58)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Could they throw Man City out??
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 11:16

Links not working

Post Edited (Thu 21 Mar 11:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 13:29

They could.

But they won`t.

Man City have, to all intents and purposes, infinite money. They are paying legal fees into the (tens of) millions, and this legal team will, I guarantee, find sufficient loopholes and gaps in the legislation such that the punishment, if any, will be minor.

Forest and Everton do NOT have the funds for such legal expertise hence took the quicker, more certain, option of pleading guilty and hoping for a more lenient sentence in response, so the cases are not comparable.

It`s like the situation we had with Rangers in 2012. The fall out of Man City being kicked will be huge - it will open the door to a wide number of legal cases relating to loss of income (other clubs being forced to compete against a club that was cheating), and that`s a Pandora`s box that the EPL will fight tooth and nail against opening.

Prepare yourselves for a damp squib.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 13:59

Forest had one charge I believe, compared to Man City`s 115?

You can guarantee that if they aren`t punished, then Everton and Forest will be appealing their outcomes and it will get even messier than it already is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 14:04

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/man-city-face-expulsion-premier-league-commission-deducted-points-confirm-potential-punishment-major-ffp-breaches/blt1cf0d235505c66eb

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: simo  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 14:05

Both are already appealing are they not? Plus they had straight forward breaches of PSR which both clubs admitted too. They are just appealing the severity of the punishments.

Man City’s case is completely different due to the complexity and types of charges levied.

Hamish French.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 16:03

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 21 Mar 13:29

They could.

But they won`t.

Man City have, to all intents and purposes, infinite money. They are paying legal fees into the (tens of) millions, and this legal team will, I guarantee, find sufficient loopholes and gaps in the legislation such that the punishment, if any, will be minor.

Forest and Everton do NOT have the funds for such legal expertise hence took the quicker, more certain, option of pleading guilty and hoping for a more lenient sentence in response, so the cases are not comparable.

It`s like the situation we had with Rangers in 2012. The fall out of Man City being kicked will be huge - it will open the door to a wide number of legal cases relating to loss of income (other clubs being forced to compete against a club that was cheating), and that`s a Pandora`s box that the EPL will fight tooth and nail against opening.

Prepare yourselves for a damp squib.

Got to remember England isn’t the same as Scotland where the club thats broken the rules can claim the game “needs” them - nobody in English football needs Man City.

If found guilty of a few charges they will be a non league team, as the ramifications from EFL clubs, some of whom are in major financial difficulty themselves, would be too much.

Also got to remember, if they are found guilty of certain breaches regarding the over valuation for better sponsorships, they will be chased up for financial fraud in the big courts, or at least they should be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 18:43

That`s Leicester been charged by the Premier League and they could now face a points deduction although they intend to challenge the decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68580638

I`m all for FFP but I`d like league titles and relegation to be decided on the pitch and not the courtroom.A lot of the results in matches could now be irrelevant.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 19:27

From my point of view this will be interesting how this plays out with fans. If Man City are found guilty and there is insufficient action by the League, does supporter unrest come into play and in reality does it matter?

I think the dynamics with Rangers was different as supporter revenue for all other clubs is an important annual return. Is it the same in England?

Interesting times for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 14:12

I hate FFP. Newcastle are absolutely minte but are still having to sell their best players to keep above board. I know why it exists but I just don`t care for it.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net