DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McGlynn
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 5 May 22:26

Unbelievable named manager of the year I wonder how many corners scumkirk won for him to win this.😃

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McGlynn
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 5 May 22:28

TBF he`s the only manager to manage an undefeated team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 5 May 22:36

Quote:

jake89, Sun 5 May 22:28

TBF he`s the only manager to manage an undefeated team.

The Unrinseables.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 5 May 23:02

Credit where it`s due. They could have sacked him last year after we bested them. Just goes to show the knee-jerk reaction sometimes isn`t the best policy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 5 May 23:47

I heard a Falkirk fan on Radio Scotland yesterday saying she expects them to be pushing for a promotion play-off spot next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 5 May 23:48

Nothing stopping them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 6 May 06:26

We lost 1 game the season before in a tougher league. Regarding pushing for the playoffs, I reckon there will only be a few points covering most of the league next season, so she may be right.

Post Edited (Mon 06 May 06:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Mon 6 May 06:45

I think Falkirk will find out like us this year, giving players who done well in that league, extended contracts, will probably end up a being a below average player in the championship.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Mon 6 May 08:08

At the moment there`s. Lot more chance of them doing it than us unfortunatly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 6 May 08:17

To be fair he deserves it. I know many have a negative opinion of him on here but he is a decent manager. I was desperate to see Alloa defeat them on Saturday but a dodgy penalty ensured they were undefeated. The only other managers you would consider for the award are McInnes, Gary Naysmith and McCabe.

Falkirk will come into the Championship with a lot of confidence and have every chance of challenging. We need to get it right in the summer to ensure we are a step ahead of them, as some would argue they have a better team than us at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Mon 6 May 08:23

Despite the faults in our team, it’s pretty obvious without the December/January injury pile on top of the early season injuries, we would comfortably have been in play offs. Falkirk have every reason to feel confident.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 08:51

It`s a big step up as both Cove and ourselves have shown over the last 2 seasons, having both won League One comfortably.

Injuries certainly didn`t help us but I can`t agree that we would have made the playoffs `comfortably` without them.In the last quarter we had pretty much a full squad and achieved 13 points and we didn`t win any of our last 5 games.If we had replicated that over the season we would have the same amount of points as Airdrie.We weren`t alone with injuries either, I recall Morton hardly being able to field a team at points earlier in the season and they finished level with us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 6 May 10:09

Can’t disagree with that… believe injuries had an impact, but not as big as some people believe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 10:30

`Injuries certainly didn`t help us but I can`t agree that we would have made the playoffs `comfortably` without them. In the last quarter we had pretty much a full squad and achieved 13 points and we didn`t win any of our last 5 games. If we had replicated that over the season we would have the same amount of points as Airdrie.`

Airdrie were 7 points clear of Morton in 5th place. If that`s not making the play-offs `comfortably` I don`t know what is.

Are we in for a season of being told how much better Falkirk are than us every time they get a better result than us? I remember when we were in League 1 we were constantly told how they were our superiors based on the 1-1 draw in the first game we played them at East End. If the Rovers are still in the Championship next season we`ll get a double dose.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 10:36

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 6 May 10:30

`Injuries certainly didn`t help us but I can`t agree that we would have made the playoffs `comfortably` without them. In the last quarter we had pretty much a full squad and achieved 13 points and we didn`t win any of our last 5 games. If we had replicated that over the season we would have the same amount of points as Airdrie.`

Airdrie were 7 points clear of Morton in 5th place. If that`s not making the play-offs `comfortably` I don`t know what is.

Are we in for a season of being told how much better Falkirk are than us every time they get a better result than us? I remember when we were in League 1 we were constantly told how they were our superiors based on the 1-1 draw in the first game we played them at East End. If the Rovers are still in the Championship next season we`ll get a double dose.

So you think we would have made the playoffs comfortably? If we performed like we did in the last quarter throughout the season we would have been joint with Airdrie and it would have come down to goal difference-that isn`t comfortably in my book!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:02

Stands to reason we would have increased our points gained off Airdrie thus decreasing theirs gained off us so goal difference would be irrelevant

Bit of a pointless argument tbf

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Mon 06 May 11:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:03

We might have beaten Airdrie in Q3 which would have been a 6-point swing. We got 14 points in Q1. Maybe we could have matched that without so many injuries. Who knows? It would have been nice to have had the chance to find out though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:08

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 5 May 23:47

I heard a Falkirk fan on Radio Scotland yesterday saying she expects them to be pushing for a promotion play-off spot next season.

A lot of our fans said the same this time last year. It means nothing really. Falkirk are not in a great way going by their chairman’s comments. They would have been part time had they not been promoted and no further investment has been made. They would also be faced with asking the council to remove the plastic pitch to replace it with grass if they have aspirations of the Premiership. It looks likely that the Premiership teams will ban plastic surfaces in the next couple of years. Falkirk asking The council to effectively remove the community aspect of the stadium wouldn’t go down well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:08

Duplicate

Post Edited (Mon 06 May 11:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:49

Quote:

Parster, Mon 6 May 08:08

What basis is there for saying that? Falkirk won a part time league with pretty much no challenge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 6 May 11:52

Nothing to be scared about that current Falkirk squad, it`s essentially the same one we whooped comfortably to the title. The only difference this season is that the standard of League 1 has dropped
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 6 May 13:24

Let`s see how their fans react when they lose a few games. All the credit the flappy penguin has built up will soon get forgotten about. Ask James McPake....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Mon 6 May 13:47

Quote:

Kdy Par, Mon 06 May 11:49

Quote:

Parster, Mon 6 May 08:08

What basis is there for saying that? Falkirk won a part time league with pretty much no challenge.

That the same league we won only losing one game and we had Falkirk and a decent airdrie team to beat - Falkirk this year only had themselves
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 14:42

The nucleus of their squad doesn`t seem to have changed much since we were in League 1. Stephen McGinn is 35 now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Mon 6 May 14:56

12 points off that mob next season and nothing less.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 6 May 19:25

"The nucleus of their squad doesn`t seem to have changed much since we were in League 1. Stephen McGinn is 35 now."

Don`t think McGinn plays much now. And adding Lang, Spencer, McIver to the spine of the team is quite a change from what they had last season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Mon 6 May 22:57

Hopefully someone smashes them for six first game next season.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net