DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stephens
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 14:09

Guessing they will be doing the catering at EEP again next year.

If so hope they will make their new Donner meat pie available, thought they had gone downhill a bit with the steak offerings in the last few years but have to say thought these new ones were very nice.

Post Edited (Wed 05 Jun 14:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stephen’s
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 14:12

Great 🙄🙄
[IP address logged]
 Re: Stephens
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 15:11

Rancid rejects from the shops served up to football fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 15:22

no halalelujah from me

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 16:38

Their steak & haggis and broccoli, & chilli pies are vote winners too. They should do those and chuck the skanky bridies.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 16:46

Last time I had a Stephens steak pie, it cost me about £70 in dental treatment-it was solid.Needless to say, I haven`t entertained them since.

I don`t go to the bakers often but Stuart`s is far superior in the pie department imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 17:16

Will be having lunch before i go to the match, awful fare and half a cup of iron brew,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 19:18

I don`t buy food anymore. Stephen`s stuff has seriously went downhill. Bayne`s is lightyears better.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 19:24

What happened to them? Their bridies used to incredible.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 19:40

Quote:

EastEndTales, Wed 5 Jun 19:24

They merged with Pars bakery following a marriage between the two baking families. Since then they have gone downhill rapidly. Baynes is far, far superior to Stephen`s nowadays.

To the club it won`t really matter. They`ll lease the space to the highest bidder. I`ve said before though that it would make it easier for me to cajole the kids into coming if we had hot dogs and burgers rather than stale pies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 19:54

Imo it’s called greed by Stephens. Mostly every teams fans that came to EEP raved about the Bridies etc from Stephens but they have reduced the size and the meat is chewy now… plus the price for juice etc is brutal.. I just hide and take in juice/crisps now.. never been caught last season.
I think it’s time to upgrade with burgers/hotdogs and chips.. A scran van outside EEP would make a fortune before the game.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 20:05

I spent the time to fill out the supporters questionnaire and was very critical of the catering as I would imagine many people would have been. The club have put much emphasis on the questionnaire and listening to the fans so things should change for next season.

It is all about the total matchday experience and hopefully the club realise this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 20:09

Quote:

jake89, Wed 5 Jun 19:40

Quote:

They merged with Pars bakery following a marriage between the two baking families. Since then they have gone downhill rapidly. Baynes is far, far superior to Stephen`s nowadays.

Going downhill rapidly over 38 years ?? 🤣

But I agree, some of Baynes pastries are better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 20:32

Maybe we are following in Wigans footsteps. They have Crusty the Pie as their mascot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 20:32

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Wed 5 Jun 20:09

Quote:

jake89, Wed 5 Jun 19:40

Quote:

Going downhill rapidly over 38 years ?? 🤣

But I agree, some of Baynes pastries are better

I stand corrected. I thought the merger was when they moved to Rosyth!

Baynes pastries and filled rolls are far better. Doughnuts too. Yes, I`m a fatty 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 22:01

Quote:

gordi-b, Wed 5 Jun 17:16

Will be having lunch before i go to the match, awful fare and half a cup of iron brew,

The Irn Bru is minging, they unfortunately pour them out into cups in advance and are flat by the time you get them.

They would be better using cans, and pouring them into cups as and when ordered.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 22:37

Or invest in a proper set up where you get draught Irn Bru, Coke, Fanta or whatever.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 22:58

Simply stop buying their overpriced crap. Going 90 mins without food is not hard at all.

They`ll soon up sticks and go.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 23:07

Hopefully, the club will pass on the concerns about how poor it has become. They might up their game next season. Only fair to give them a chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 23:19

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 5 Jun 23:07

Hopefully, the club will pass on the concerns about how poor it has become. They might up their game next season. Only fair to give them a chance.

It`s not just at East End though.The steak pie that broke my tooth was actually out of a Stephens shop.They have been going downhill for years.
I see they will be catering at the fan zone with baked goods from £2.80. How much does a bridie at East End cost?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 00:16

Oh to have the bridies of 1966, Large or Small?😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 06:20

"Or invest in a proper set up where you get draught Irn Bru, Coke, Fanta or whatever."

I`m sure that`s been brought up before and it was said that the catering outlets (possibly even the stands themselves) aren`t connected to mains water, just water tanks. Seems mad if true, I`d assume at least the changing rooms etc are piped up. That`s why you see the highly unusual and probably very unsafe practice of young lassies topping up the hot water urns from big tubs of hot water rather than it being supplied by pipe. It`s no wonder the "hot" drinks are always lukewarm.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 08:14

Surely they will need to be connected to mains water and have access to running warm water so that they can regularly wash their hands
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 10:49

Stephens need to wake up on quality and range. Other Bakers in the area selling Stovies in a shell Pie case, they are wonderful. Weedgie Bakers doing Breakfast items in a shell pie case and Quiche in a shell pie case. The quality given by Stephens at EEP and the vans they send out to industrial sites is different, the vans sell out of most things quickly for a reason.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net