DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cheeky wee dig at the Scottish
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 14:19

Anybody else see the sport section at the end of the news earlier .
I think it was bbc1 but it might have been stv.
The reporter (live from Germany) said ...
"Of course many Scots have got here by the cheapest way they could with some of them even staying in tents while they are here to keep costs down".

I thought , what a cheeky person (person is not the word i used) šŸ¤£

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cheeky wee dig at the Scottish
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 14:27

There was a Scottish guy on Radio Scotland this morning who reckoned his trip had cost him around Ā£3500 so far so he must have bought a pretty big tent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 15:12

I know the area where the Scottish team are staying and it is a very beautiful area in the foothills of the Alps, close to the town of Wank.
Yes it is a town, and please donā€™t yellow card me as it is pronounced Vank.
Always makes me smile when I drive by thinking that there is a town full of Wankers. Maybe that is where he was reporting from?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 15:22

"There was a Scottish guy on Radio Scotland this morning who reckoned his trip had cost him around Ā£3500 so far so he must have bought a pretty big tent."

have seen couple of people quote that kind of figure, absolute madness. My entire trip, flights/hotel stays/match tickets and unlimited train travels is under Ā£1000

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 15:27

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 12 Jun 15:22

"There was a Scottish guy on Radio Scotland this morning who reckoned his trip had cost him around Ā£3500 so far so he must have bought a pretty big tent."

have seen couple of people quote that kind of figure, absolute madness. My entire trip, flights/hotel stays/match tickets and unlimited train travels is under Ā£1000

I hope they are not running the stupid train changes on the Saturday in Munich the day after the game or there could be a lot of confused Scottish people.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 15:39

Quote:

How you have managed that Scott is mental šŸ˜‚ Im about Ā£1500 all in and only got tickets to one game and that was at Prime prices! Although thats also spending money included!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 02:08

What`s the problem with people camping in tents? I thought that`s what tents were for. If they think that`s bad, my pal and I went hitch hiking in Europe with kilts on, when we were 21. After travelling through Belgium and Holland, we arrived in Hannover and were called Fraulein by the local yobos. Sometimes we wild camped in fields but got up and away at first light. The Politsei came looking one morning but we managed to evade arrest. We survived for two weeks on bread and cheese. We made it down to Heidleberg and into Switzerland before getting back to Ostend and the ferry via Cologne. Great adventure. The only football we came across was a bunch of hairy legged amateurs in Karlsrue shouting "Jahvol Fritz" and "Nein Jurgen." Scots know how to do things on a shoestring, if need be. Major finals and tournaments involving Scotland or Scottish teams are replete with fantastic stories of ingenuity and endurance which have become part of the folklore of the events.

Here`s hoping the team can reward the fans by a great display.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 06:53

Kilts were never worn by lowland Scots so this mass display of tatty tartan is a national embarrassment..or should be.
Too long, too short, silly bunnets oh dear..and sporrans enveloped by overhanging paunches are no a bonny look home or away

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 07:40

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 13 Jun 06:53

Kilts were never worn by lowland Scots so this mass display of tatty tartan is a national embarrassment..or should be.
Too long, too short, silly bunnets oh dear..and sporrans enveloped by overhanging paunches are no a bonny look home or away

Bless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 08:32

Quote:

Maybe we should try and emulate the english at international football tournaments....union jack shorts, too tight white england shirt, beer belly on show between the two. Showing our patriotism by singing vile songs of hatred while acting in an aggressive manner to everyone they encounter. The police and locals must dread the news that they are about to be visited by the english hooligans. Lock up your plastic chairs, as they are about to be hurled at random people.

I listened to Radio Scotland this morning they were interviewing locals in the street in Munich, they were glowing in their praise for The Famous Tartan Army, absolutely loving the atmosphere they were creating on the streets of Germany.

One of the many reasons The Scots are loved and welcomed the world over, while the english are universally hated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 08:43

Anything that distinguishes us as Not English is acceptableā€¦..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 09:17

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 12 Jun 15:39

Quote:

How you have managed that Scott is mental šŸ˜‚ Im about Ā£1500 all in and only got tickets to one game and that was at Prime prices! Although thats also spending money included!

My 2 night trip to Stuttgart including cat B ticket is about Ā£900
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 09:47

I donā€™t recall any English fans leaving a city centre up here in a midden, unlike our well behaved hordes did in London a few years agoā€¦

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 09:59

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 13 Jun 09:47

I donā€™t recall any English fans leaving a city centre up here in a midden, unlike our well behaved hordes did in London a few years agoā€¦

London was a dump long before and long after then.

You're also forgetting the pictures of the Scots picking up said litter, but that doesn't fit your story

Post Edited (Thu 13 Jun 10:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 11:34

Should there be rules for the wearing of kilts? When did kilt wearing etiquette come into being? Who can wear it when, how long or short? What colours are permitted, or which clan tartan. The original kilt wearers just wanted something to wrap around themselves to keep the cold out. They weren`t necessarily concerned about dress sense, colour, pattern or style. That only came in Victorian times when the queen of that name and Sir Walter Scott romanticised the garment along with all things Scottish. Let the fans wear the tatty kilts and the "hey yoo Jimmy hats" complete with ginger tresses, it`s a football fiesta, not a wedding.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 13:07

The principal manufacturer of tartans after the Victorian rennaisance was based in Bannockburn AFAIK.

Kilts got recognition outside Scotland/UK largely due to the Highland regiments that wore them overseas.

You didnā€™t have to be Scots to wear them - plenty of Jocks from south of border did so.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 13:22

Quote:

If it winds you up then itā€™s a great look now away back under your rock you anti Scottish *****
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 13:41

This guy travelled on the cheap -

`The Scotland fan who walked from Hampden Park in Glasgow to Munich has arrived to cheers from the Tartan Army.

Craig Ferguson, 20, travelled solo through six countries to raise funds for Brothers in Arms, a men`s mental health charity based in Glasgow.

He left the city in May and arrived in Marienplatz to a guard of honour and the worldā€™s media.

He shouted ā€œthanks so much for coming downā€, before enjoying some champagne in the Munich sun and joining in on a rendition of Flower of Scotland.

He has raised over Ā£51,000 for the charity.`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Thu 13 Jun 18:49

If everyone from the Tartan Army who is in or goes to Marianplatz over these few days donated equivalent of price of one beer to lads charity it would make some amount !!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Ā© 2021-- DAFC.net