DAFC.net
Home 04 August 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ewan Otoo bid rejected
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:31

Daily Record:

Otoo bid turfed out by Dunfermline

Athletic have thrown out a six figure bid for Ewan Otoo from Crawley Town, writes Scott Burns.

The offer falls well short of the Pars’ valuation.

Dunfermline boss James McPake also doesn’t want to sell his prized defender.

It remains to be seen if the English League One club comes in with a vastly-improved bid.

Crawley boss Scott Lindsey just led his side to a shock promotion via the play-offs and is looking to invest in young, up and coming talent like Etoo.

Dunfermline signed the 21-year-old from Celtic on a permanent basis last summer.

The Fifers have already lost defender Josh Edwards to Charlton and don’t want to lose another top player in this window.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ewan Otoo bid rejected
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:52

The Scottish Championship will be seen as a soft touch by English League 1 clubs given the disparity in finances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:53

Not surprised that teams are looking at him. One of the bright parts of last season.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:56

No way we should let him go for anything less than 7 figures. Lad has a very bright future ahead in the game and would be difficult to replace.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:59

Ewan is a very talented player and an equally confident young man. He`ll play at a higher level and become even better. I hope the Pars can convince him to stay at EEP for at least another year or two.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:05

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 11 Jul 10:56

No way we should let him go for anything less than 7 figures. Lad has a very bright future ahead in the game and would be difficult to replace.

Agree he has massive potential, but based on current form I can`t see us getting any more than £500K for him. That said, I would absolutely love to be proved wrong!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:16

Good news for a number of reasons.

1. We have the ability to reject a 6 figure bid.
2. Players are getting noticed.

I suspect it was in the 100k region which is cheap for ewans potential.

I don`t know if we could reject 250-300k with 20% sell on an offer like that would be worth considering at least.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:20

7 figures....

he and others are going to have be sold before the end of next summer if they arent going to sign longer deals to maximise the value. if someone meets a valuation now then so be it, just hope work has already been done on options for replacements.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:21

Yeah I reckon it was £100k. Likely Celtic will have at least a 25% sell on so a no brainer to say no.

If we were to clear £200k just to us then I’m guessing the club might do a deal….

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:22

Quote:

7 figures? 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:23

I thought we signed Otoo out of contract? Celtic will get nout if that`s the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:23

Agreed this is excellent news.

It shows evidence that the clubs strategy of focusing on youth and `sellable` assets is working. Hopefully we can build a reputation as a club where talented youngsters will get a chance, will get noticed and, if they perform, can earn themselves a big move. Success will breed success in that regard.

With regards Ewan specifically, he`s a great player but, to quote Ted DiBiase, `everyone`s got a price` and if Crawley meet our valuation then good luck to him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:24

Length of contract, ability and potential. He should be commanding a substantial fee.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:26

Would command more if we extend his deal?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:27

Didn`t Otoo sign a three-year deal last summer so still has two seasons to go? If so, presumably that was done to discourage cheap bids at this stage in his contract.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:31

I think as soon as you start pushing £250k + with sell ons that`s usually where the value of the top players at this level is. Obviously with Edwards the club were forced to sell for a lower fee due to the release clause but with 2 years left the club can really dictate what value they place on Otoo at this stage.

Didn`t the club reject a £500k bid for Nisbet from Dundee united in January a few years back (on deadline day)? Hibs paid a fee that ended up being half that in the summer with a year left on his deal?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:31

He has potential to be a really good player so no doubt there will be clubs looking at him. I would say 250-300k but with a sell on clause like the Nisbet deal.
Would hate to see him leave though as he is a very important player in the team.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:33

I thought we bought both otoo and KRH for fee’s and they were not released?

Can’t find anything online? Was he ‘freed’ by Celtic and it was KRH we paid the fee for?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:35

"Would command more if we extend his deal?"

why would he agree a new deal here right now?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:36

KRH was bought for a nominal fee, pretty sure Otoo was offered a deal by the Tic but turned it down to move here on a free.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:37

Crawley are heavy into data analysis when scouting like the Moneyball approach that Brentford used to initially identify players so he must be ticking a lot of the right boxes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:41

Topic Originator: GJS93 like
Date: Thu 11 Jul 11:35

"Would command more if we extend his deal?"

why would he agree a new deal here right now?

Another year security for the player and the club mitigate the risk.

It depends how long he is planning to stay? He may even decide to run down his deal?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:44

It must give a boost to the young players if this model will work and they go on to have a potentially successful career. Money talks and the money he will be on with us will not be anything like English teams.
If the paper talk is correct then the club, no doubt, will be keeping him informed. I expect this will start other clubs interest. I would be sorry to see him go as he is a great lad and very powerful player. Remember the time he burst the ball at Falkirk in a tackle…Oooftt….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:54

Agreed this is excellent news.

It shows evidence that the clubs strategy of focusing on youth and `sellable` assets is working. Hopefully we can build a reputation as a club where talented youngsters will get a chance, will get noticed and, if they perform, can earn themselves a big move. Success will breed success in that regard.

With regards Ewan specifically, he`s a great player but, to quote Ted DiBiase, `everyone`s got a price` and if Crawley meet our valuation then good luck to him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:02

It`s strange because I don`t see this as excellent news. Of course, I`m just looking at it from the view that our team would be considerably weakened without Ewan.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 12:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:09

It`s good news in that players are doing well enough to attract interest from other clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:17

I suppose if he sees it as a good move for himself. Looking at it objectively, I think he would benefit from another season with us, get that under his belt and look for a bigger move then. He has the potential. Everything comes to he who waits.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:29

He very much seems to have his head screwed on, had bigger offers elsewhere before he joined us. I can`t see him jumping at the first lower league English club to lift their skirt for him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:04

I`m taking the rejection as good news as it means we don`t have any cash flow issues. I would be really concerned if we were willing to accept low 6 figures.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:35

The Courier is saying we have rejected a `derisory` FIVE figure bid. I can`t access the full article as it`s `Premium Content`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 15:21

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 11 Jul 11:36

KRH was bought for a nominal fee, pretty sure Otoo was offered a deal by the Tic but turned it down to move here on a free.

If he was offered a deal, we’d have to agree compensation with Celtic. So we’ll have paid something and/or agreed a sell on %.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 18:04

No way Jose! Fans understand the intention to develop players to sell on but the club also has an obligation to create a good team of its own. We`ve already lost one of our better players this summer and while there are a few players we could probably lose, Ewan Otoo isn`t one of them. It`s too early to let him go yet, get a successful team and his potential will be more evident and earn a fee more akin to what he is worth.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 18:46

If we got him with a development fee, which is likely, then there will 100% be some sort of clause to Celtic from a transfer fee. It wont be much, 10-20% but will mean his price will go up from us to get as much value as possible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 20:45

Quote:

No way 7 figures, that’s wishful thinking in spades.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:33

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 11 Jul 20:45

Quote:

Should have said high six figures with built on add ons. Reckon Ewan will kick on and play at a higher level. I imagine if the club is offered 250k he will be away out the door given the state of the clubs finances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:51

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 11 Jul 21:33

Quote:

Quote:

Should have said high six figures with built on add ons. Reckon Ewan will kick on and play a higher level. I imagine if the club is offered 250k he will be away out the door given the state of the clubs finances.

Clubs finances are that bad we are turning down 6 figure sums for players…….😂 do people just make up random sh*t the days?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:11

...these days?

Since time began

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:15

I heard a deal was agreed to sell him for £10m but Cook was too late doing the paperwork and they went elsewhere. Word is he`d gone to B&Q in Dunfermline for some emulsion for the spare bedroom but they colour matcher machine was broken so he had to go to Kirkcaldy and by the time he got back the office was shut so he treated himself to some Greggs sausage rolls out of Iceland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:41

With the way the club operates Otto will be gone to another club if the money is right.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 22:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:49

Let’s remember the operating financies were 1 million pounds so the Edwards sale and Otto will generate money.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 01:03

Ewan is a true Scot, born in Glasgow, of Ghanaian parents, who have given him a great Scottish name. Let`s keep him here as long as we can. I`m sure he`s enjoying life at EEP. Hopefully, he`ll add a goal or two to his game this season. He scored a good one at Arbroath at the end of last season. We can`t give one of our best players away for a pittance at this stage. We need him here. Do have a great season with us Ewan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 02:06

Good that other players are generating interest, but he’s one who, with the right attitude (as he seems to have), I would anticipate improving significantly this year, like he did last year. With another year of marked improvement, I could see him having a number of choices.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 08:17

Fine balance usmac, another year with us then he’s in the final year of his contract. Depending on how high Crawley go we have to work out whether the money now is more then we might get next summer if he has a good season.

Realistically tho if he was to leave we absolutely have to invest some of the money into replacing him with someone decent in the middle of the park and not another young raw loan, we wont get away with that in this league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 08:34

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 12 Jul 08:17

Fine balance usmac, another year with us then he’s in the final year of his contract. Depending on how high Crawley go we have to work out whether the money now is more then we might get next summer if he has a good season.

Realistically tho if he was to leave we absolutely have to invest some of the money into replacing him with someone decent in the middle of the park and not another young raw loan, we wont get away with that in this league.

100 percent agree with this. We can all see how competitive this league is and raw untested loans just won`t cut it if we are serious about challenging for the play off places.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 08:57

As a club we`ll decide if/when he leaves. The deal will have to suit us and we`ll have to replace him. How we do that is up to the manager but i seem to remember Ewan Otoo being a young raw loan a couple of years ago so i wouldnt rule that option out just yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 09:01

Quote:

jake89, Thu 11 Jul 22:15

I heard a deal was agreed to sell him for £10m but Cook was too late doing the paperwork and they went elsewhere. Word is he`d gone to B……

You just made that up! The colour selection in Dunfermline is always better than Kirkcaldy as they have a wee selection

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jul 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 09:10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Should have said high six figures with built on add ons. Reckon Ewan will kick on and play at a higher level. I imagine if the club is offered 250k he will be away out the door given the state of the clubs finances.

Agreed - the bank is also an interested party in whatever offers are on the agenda.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:14

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 12 Jul 09:10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed - the bank is also an interested party in whatever offers are on the agenda.

I`m struggling to understand that given we don`t have any credit facilities with any bank?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:23

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 12 Jul 09:10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would the banks have any say in our transfers?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net