DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rangers - Hampden
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 20:21

Already causing a stir that the SFA have allowed Rangers the use of Hampden for the foreseeable, but now Queens Park games being rearranged for then - first home game of season v Livi been moved to the Friday night for Rangers to play Motherwell at 3pm on the Sat.

What a farce this is becoming now.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rangers - Hampden
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 20:39

Madness

What happened to lesser Hampden for queen`s park?

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 20:44

Back in the mid nineties the sfa allowed Celtic to use Hampden for a whole season. Well when I say allowed , the rented it out to them for a hefty fee which I`m sure is what is happening here with Rangers getting billed.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 08:37

Take the emotion/contempt out of it why would the SFA not maximise their revenue now that they own Hampden? Would people rather that income went to the SRU and they play at Murrayfield
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 08:47

Why are Queens Park using Hampden?
Is it purely to maximise revenue from visiting teams that they won`t get in their 2000 capacity Lesser Hampden.
For a team with a big money backer , the Lesser Hampden redevelopment has become a fiasco.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 08:53

Queen’s Park are using lesser hampden. They are not allowing 2 games to be played at the same time by the sound of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 09:57

Queens Park registered home ground is Hampden , after asking the SFA to use it for the 24/25 season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:02

On queens parks official club website they have their home fixtures listed at The City Stadium
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:11

First few games for Queens Park are being played at Lesser because Hampden was not going to be ready until September. The pitch repair etc has been accelerated so Rangers can play there sooner. Queens Park shouldn`t really have to move their game though. Rangers could have played on Sunday?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:25

Isn`t the QP game moved due to being on TV rather than because of Rangers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:52

Quote:

jake89, Tue 16 Jul 12:25

Isn`t the QP game moved due to being on TV rather than because of Rangers?

Nope, already a game on the Friday night for the telly. Reports are they are being moved because Rangers will have CL qualifiers on the Weds before and the Tuesday after…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:25

"Back in the mid nineties the sfa allowed Celtic to use Hampden for a whole season. Well when I say allowed , the rented it out to them for a hefty fee which I`m sure is what is happening here with Rangers getting billed."

£500,000 in the mid 90s, plus Hampden kept all the takings from conscessions stands/hospitality etc etc and limits on what "club branding" could be put in place.

Look forward to the same next season including william hill league sponsorship when they are sponsored by unibet...sure that will go well

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 17:15

Dundee are going to play their Premier Sports Cup matches at Brechin to give their pitch the chance of being in the best possible condition for the League. I suppose they just want to hedge their bets...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net