DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pre-Match Interviews
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 16:23

Does anyone do any pre-match interviews at our club?

Noticed there was none prior to Forfar game and so far none pre-Livi, seen other clubs have them on X giving fans some info regarding injuries and who’s available etc….but just more silence from us.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pre-Match Interviews
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 17:42

If there was none for the Forfar game that must be a first. Sometimes they are a waste of time as Managers are being cagey about who might be out. There is something on COWS Dugout about the run up to the Livi game so try not to make out the communication thing to be worse than it is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 18:31

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Fri 19 Jul 16:23

Does anyone do any pre-match interviews at our club?

Noticed there was none prior to Forfar game and so far none pre-Livi, seen other clubs have them on X giving fans some info regarding injuries and who’s available etc….but just more silence from us.

The one for this weekend has just been put on social media

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 18:32

The interviews are a waste of time. Never ask the questions fans want asked. Stock questions, stock answers

Post Edited (Fri 19 Jul 18:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 18:43

Quote:

Parfect69, Fri 19 Jul 18:32

The interviews are a waste of time. Never ask the questions fans want asked. Stock questions, stock answers

Won’t be allowed to ask searching questions will be down to Cook. The questions will ramp up should we lose tomorrow……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 19:22

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Fri 19 Jul 18:43

Quote:

Parfect69, Fri 19 Jul 18:32

Won’t be allowed to ask searching questions will be down to Cook. The questions will ramp up should we lose tomorrow……

The questions have never been searching and probably rightfully so.
Pars TV is owned by the club so why would they give ammunition to the media

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 19 Jul 22:42

Pre-match interview on COWS; manager saying Breen and Wighton are both in full training now and will be in the squad; Kane is `touch and go`.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 06:50

I`ve stopped watching the pars TV ones as it`s always trying to change what actually happened. The forfar game they tried to say we huffed and puffed and mcpake basically told him he was talking out his rear end this hasn`t been the first time. the ones on cows are better and correct me if I`m wrong isn`t edited to match a narrative plus you get them quick pars TV are mainly Sunday to get them up.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 06:51)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 07:15

The thread is about PRE-Match interviews.My main concern is they often say who is available but omit to say who isn`t available. It`s understandable though that the manager doesn`t want to give the opposition prior knowledge of his options.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 07:58

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 20 Jul 07:15

The thread is about PRE-Match interviews.My main concern is they often say who is available but omit to say who isn`t available. It`s understandable though that the manager doesn`t want to give the opposition prior knowledge of his options.

Okay we will go to the pre match ones which are the same gloss over a poor performance and ask how the fans are important to the game job done. It`s shocking.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 08:35

What exactly do you expect a manager to say in these interviews? I would like some of the questions to be more searching but I think the manager was pretty honest about the performance against Forfar. You can hardly expect him to pillory individual players in public. Remember John Hughes at Raith and Derek Adams at Ross County? Their approach to post-match interviews didn`t end well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 08:44

He’s trolling ParsTV, Wee Eck. Best ignored.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 09:20

I was laughing at the comments on Facebook about this. I don’t think fans are interested in rehearsed questions/answers. The general consensus is that they’re rotten. Every question ended with a compliment. Start asking questions that fans want to hear the answers to.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 09:47

In a PRE match interview I want to hear about team news and maybe some hints at how the game will be approached (without revealing too much to the opposition).

I don`t want questions asked that annoy or challenge the manager/club`s approach. I want them as focused as they can be on the game.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 09:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 14:31

Quote:

buffy, Sat 20 Jul 08:44

He’s trolling ParsTV, Wee Eck. Best ignored.

Not trolling just handing out my opinion. This is a fans forum after all.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net