DAFC.net
Home 08 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Steady measured progress?
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:14

I wasn’t at the last supporters’ group meeting, but Thomas Meggle apparently spoke about “steady, measured, progress” and small targets - goals scored for the team and per player, league position etc.

The GK position has been very poorly handled.

Wotherspoon and Kane might well be upgraded on Jakubiak and Paul Allen, maybe too early to tell.

Signed - 4, and freed, or left the club at the end of last season - 12?

If I’ve got it right, games played 7, won 1. Goals for 4, against 9. One draw.

That meeting reported on here (thank to Digs, no official minute) talked about no “boom or bust” regarding spending on players. The jury’s out for me. Is this season showing “steady measured progress”? Either way, things need to improve pretty quickly.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Steady measured progress?
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:33

I really do question what Cook and the Custodians have brought to the table since the start of their tenure.

The investment in our training facilities is admirable but everyone knows it has to be a balancing act and you have to be performing on the pitch to keep the fans on side.

There was some excitement that new ideas would come from experiences with St Pauli, more fan engagement, pre-match entertainment etc but other than a friendly and a couple of jumpers, nothings come from that.

As much as McPake isn’t covering himself with glory, he isn’t getting the support he needs from the board with recruitment- do you really think it’s his fault we’ve taken this long to bring a GK in.

There’s also a few players we’ve missed out on due to bigger offers from other clubs who we should be above in the pecking order. Again the wage structure is admirable but being too stubborn doesn’t help either.

The cheek as well when our CEO is sitting on a six figure salary probably. His salary should be based on commercially publicly visible, and measured targets and if he’s not hitting it, then he’s out.

Unrealistic I know but I’m really getting to the end of my tether with this.

There feels like just a disconnect between the fans and the club at the moment. This is very petty I know but the Spartans game, they kept the back row free for directors of the club to sit in, it would’ve been a good opportunity for them to sit there, immerse themselves within the fans but they didn’t bother and rather stand there on the balcony watching from afar.

Steady measured progress? This is Scottish football mate and is as erratic as it can get. Ditch the 7 year plan and get to work.

All I’ve seen so far is a presentation of slides indicating we’ve to accept each loss gracefully and play with integrity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:38

Progress comes from either bringing in better players, identifying the best of the youth and and bringing them through or improving who we have in the team.

Otoo feels like the only player who has improved under mcpake, the rest have stayed the same at best or even gone backwards. No guarantee the current crop of youth coming through can go on to be decent championship level players either.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:41

We`re all getting to the end of our tether tbh. The pre season and 3 league Cup games and the team looks dejected already. Injury prone players starting once more to be `injured`. Not good enough from BoD to management. This is going to be one mother of a season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:54

In clubs where things are not rosy in the garden, the tendency is that players are more injured than they would normally be in a winning team. It is like a sick day at work when there is a sh@te atmosphere at work. Would you want to go?
I will hold judgement on the team until I see for myself when I get back to Scotland for the first home game, but by people who have seen us, it sounds pretty bad.

Also something that has to be considered. These are investors in the club. They want a return on their investment. How do they get it. Through the club infrastructure and also selling players. German plans tend to be very inflexible particularly in business plans. So I don’t think they will be hitting the panic button for a while yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 08:56

It`s difficult to see where the blame lies. I`d love to see if making a 1m quid loss was in the 7 year plan. If we don`t make improvements to the current squad I really can`t see us staying in this league which surely de rails the plan more.

Or is it the manager. Giving contract extensions to Mehmet, Chalmers, McCann, wighton players who at the time of the extensions weren`t our best players.

It`s difficult but it`s almost at a crisis point. We lost by far our best player in Edwards from last season and replaced him with someone who doesn`t look anywhere near good enough at this level.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 11:04

1 win in the last 12 games doesn’t feel like progress

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 08:33

Success breeds success.

The 1st team doing well is essential. As others have been saying, there needs to be a balance between long term and building the first team- or there isn’t a long term.
[IP address logged]
-
 W
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 11:58

We seem to have made steady measured progress down the way, and it shows no sign of improving, we have basically our first team back and we don,t look fully fit and in some players barely interested, our new signings aren,t really an improvement and are either injured or not good enough , the future looks bleak

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:37

I`m wary of using the league cup as any kind of benchmark for success. We skooshed it when Peter Grant got the job and then our league form fell off a cliff, never to recover.

Let`s hope for the opposite this year.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:44

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 22 Jul 13:37

I`m wary of using the league cup as any kind of benchmark for success. We skooshed it when Peter Grant got the job and then our league form fell off a cliff, never to recover.

Let`s hope for the opposite this year.

Do you think it will though what gives you the hope that we are going to do anything different
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:51

Theres a general malaise about the club just now , think it will take more than a win against Cove to lift it , alot more

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:58

Quote:

gordi-b, Mon 22 Jul 13:51

Theres a general malaise about the club just now , think it will take more than a win against Cove to lift it , alot more

The best thing that can happen is to lose against cove and livi and get our bottom handed to us by falkirk. Action will then be needed to be taken, probably it will be funds released for players and if no improvement by end of October McPake gets his jotters.

At this point even Dick could get us playing like a team.

Personally I don`t believe in Mcpake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 13:59

A few things give me hope - I`ve posted along these lines before in different threads.

1. The club is sticking to the strategy of investing in youth and developing youngsters for the first team.
2. There are signs this is paying off with youngsters coming into the first team and showing promise (Todd, Tod, Sutherland).
3. We`ve managed to make some money by transferring young players who`ve performed well for us (Nisbet, Edwards, possibly Otoo).
4. If this continues we could become seen as a good destination for a youngster to come, get game time, before being sold to a bigger club (think Brighton, but obviously on a Scottish scale).
5. With gametime the youngsters could/should improve - I recall people thinking Todd was garbage when he first got into the team. He`s arguably our best player now.
6. Many of our rivals are throwing money at the first team. Football is a zero sum game - they can`t all be successful. At least we`re doing something different and will have something to show for the investment (Academy/Training Centre).
7. Form is temporary. England stunk out the early stages of the Euros - improved, and made the final. Our form may well take an upturn.

I`m not pretending everything is rosey - but there are some reasons to be hopeful

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 14:01

"The best thing that can happen is to lose against cove and livi and get our bottom handed to us by falkirk. Action will then be needed to be taken, probably it will be funds released for players and if no improvement by end of October McPake gets his jotters."

I`ll never understand supporters wanting their own team to lose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 14:04

The hope is that there is some quality in the squad. The concerns are that we don`t look like scoring at all, and that won`t change if McPake persists with 3 at the back and 2 full backs attempting to play as wingbacks. Ngwenya doesn`t look to offer anything at all going forward, he might be fine as a left back.

Mehmet

Comrie
Bene
Fisher
Ngwenya (or Breen)

Hamilton
Otoo

KRH
Wotherspoon
McCann

Wighton/Sutherland (until Kane is fit).

If he is going to insist on a back 3, then I`d prefer Otoo and O`Halloran as wingbacks, as both can give something going forward.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 14:08

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 22 Jul 14:01

"The best thing that can happen is to lose against cove and livi and get our bottom handed to us by falkirk. Action will then be needed to be taken, probably it will be funds released for players and if no improvement by end of October McPake gets his jotters."

I`ll never understand supporters wanting their own team to lose.

OK, so we beat cove 1 nil draw against livi and draw against falkirk.

No funds get released and we struggle until January probably in the bottom 3. There is a mad scramble in January for players but with Mcpake at the helm we still struggle but just survive.

We are now at this time next year with Mcpake still in charge. The product still terrible, the squad is all 1 year older.

But the likes of matty todd otoo and McCann all playing nowhere near their potential cos the management team and coach`s are gash.

We need action the sooner the better.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 14:46

A few points.

1. McPake going would cost money. Is using that money to remove McPake the best use of that money (it could be used for players, or other investments).

2. A new manager would want to bring their own team with them, and probably their own players. That`s more money.

3. A new manager isn`t a guarantee of improvement e.g Yogi.

4. What managers are available that would want the job?

5. You talk about funds being `released` - but what evidence do you have that funds are available? As far as I know the club don`t have credit facilities so funds would need to come via cash. Would you empty your bank account so you could sack McPake? I certainly wouldn`t.

There is no guarantee of success in football - no club is entitled to success either. That`s why we love it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:08

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 22 Jul 14:46

A few points.

1. McPake going would cost money. Is using that money to remove McPake the best use of that money (it could be used for players, or other investments).

2. A new manager would want to bring their own team with them, and probably their own players. That`s more money.

3. A new manager isn`t a guarantee of improvement e.g Yogi.

4. What managers are available that would want the job?

5. You talk about funds being `released` - but what evidence do you have that funds are available? As far as I know the club don`t have credit facilities so funds would need to come via cash. Would you empty your bank account so you could sack McPake? I certainly wouldn`t.

There is no guarantee of success in football - no club is entitled to success either. That`s why we love it.

So let`s just keep plodding along in the state that we are in without making any changes.

Money will have to be spent unless we buck up our ideas over the next 4 or 5 weeks, which is extremely unlikely.

Therefore money will be needed to be spent to improve the squad.

With an improved squad we will still have the common denominator aka the management team, which does not inspire me (and the squad by the looks of things) with confidence.

Therefore, more money will have to be spent to replace the management team.

There is plenty of managers out there who I believe could do a better job.

Rhys Mcabe would be a great shout. But there is also the likes Stewart petrie, martindale, Ian mccall, callum davidson, Dougie imrie, dick campbell, Paul Hartley Scott brown who would maybe be interested.

That`s not to mention the wider field of managers who are out of work who may apply.

We need a new playing philosophy, and if Mcpake doesn`t have the guts to implement it, then someone else will have to.

The board have invested in the club, and putting their hands into their pockets for a new management team is one of the things they will have to do if needed, just like relaying the pitch or repairing the floodlights.

If not, they are investing In the wrong sport.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:21

So we`ve had:-

Sack the players

Sack the manager

Sack the board

Sack Pars TV

Sack Sephens

Sammy better hide!

Glad you`re not running the club.🤔🙈
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:47

I think we need to be realistic here.

Sacking McPake and the team would cost money. It would also cost money to poach the likes of McCabe and his team (assuming they`d come). We ain`t got not money to be throwing around.

I suppose the question is - is the problem the management team or is it the management team aren`t being given what they need to do that job?

My feeling is it`s a combination of both!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:49

The progress is definitely slow and steadily getting worse but as much as I feel McPake is not the best option going forward there is no sign that the board are going to change anything soon.
We have a threadbare squad with a few players that seem to be injury prone and a couple of new players who look like they are struggling with the present formation. In my opinion we need a back 4 (although Bene is looking as if he is struggling for fitness which may be influencing the change to a 4 at present).
In addition I keep reading we need a no2 keeper IMO we need a new no1 not a backup.
We need to stick together as fans, we are entitled to our opinions but we cannot have a repeat of the mindless stupidity that hounded out the last board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 15:50

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Mon 22 Jul 15:21

So we`ve had:-

Sack the players

Sack the manager

Sack the board

Sack Pars TV

Sack Sephens

Sammy better hide!

Glad you`re not running the club.🤔🙈

Think you`ll find I`m fully behind the players with the exception of mehmet, I`m also fully behind the board.

Aspects of the club could be ran better, and that includes the catering and p!sh tv.

Sammy can maybe put his tammy in the ring for the managers job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:00

Why would you not be supportive of Mehmet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:02

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 22 Jul 16:00

Why would you not be supportive of Mehmet?

Because he is absolutely terrible and should not be a first choice keeper at a championship club. I`m pretty sure he has made that clear to everyone over the last 12 months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:08

Still doesn`t make sense not to be supportive of him. Would you not prefer he proves you wrong and has a good season?

Possibly not though, there are plenty who sit around me who seem to want him to make a mistake so that they can get really angry. Even if he`s not made a mistake, they then like to decide that he has so that they can get angry anyway.

Fair enough if he wasn`t trying and stealing a wage (a Stephen Simmons character) or if he was a really awful human being who shouldn`t be at the club (see Raith Rovers in January 2022) but I don`t think Mehmet is either of those.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Jul 16:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:15

A nice sensible post from DA-Go.

One of the sad truths of following the Pars is that some `fans` WANT their chosen scapegoat to have a poor game so that they can say `I told you so`. To them being `right` is more important than the Pars performing well.

For proof - check the traffic on here on days we win, versus days we lose....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:15

Only missed 2 games home and away in 2 seasons so have seen all of mehmets saves and mistakes and for most of last season the mistakes outweigh the saves but it’s my opinion based on what I seen but I have no doubt what I perceived to be a mistake may be open to argument but even just looking at the Forfar game he was poor at both goals and on Saturday most goalkeepers are at the edge of the box ready to clear the through ball not hanging around just outside his 6 yard box but I didn’t say he was an awful keeper but we could do much better.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:16

The post was in response to a "sack the players" I would only sack mehmet.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:29

I didn`t think the first Forfar goal was his fault. I`ve not bothered to watch it back though, as it was a pretty miserable 90 minutes, so have not felt the need to relive the experience.

Clearly, the 2nd goal is directly from his poor kick out. I don`t know if that should automatically result in a goal however, but it did. He also looked partly at fault for the goal on Saturday, as did Breen.

However, he made a fantastic save from a free-kick against Spartans. If it goes in the net, it`s 1-1 and we very possibly don`t win the game. He also saved 4 penalties at the end of last season and if even 2 of them go in, we are likely relegated.

Not the best keeper I`ve seen but gets no credit for anything he does well. If we sign someone better, I wouldn`t mourn, but I would like it if he had a good season. I don`t think he made a mistake in the League 1 campaign and did relatively well towards the end of last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:31

To be fair to the board and investors , I think some have forgotten their initial social media broadcast during the lockdown after taking over where they specifically said they weren’t there to throw cash at an easy fix but to develop young talent as a future investment.
It’s not music to the ears of fans who want us to be up the top end but they were at least up front from the off.
The club has to be sustainable and I remember the days where we could only afford one year contracts so we made nothing from transfers.
The only gripe I really have is lack of transparency regarding finances and what players were sold for( add ons) the lot.
Openness gets trust from fans forking out each week instead of wild speculation about motives.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:39

4 years later and an "easy fix" it certainly isn`t. We`ve lost a million quid and been relegated, and can barely fill our subs bench.

What a time to be a Pars fan

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:46

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 22 Jul 16:29

Not the best keeper I`ve seen but gets no credit for anything he does well. If we sign someone better, I wouldn`t mourn, but I would like it if he had a good season. I don`t think he made a mistake in the League 1 campaign and did relatively well towards the end of last season.

Mehmet was at fault for ayr utds 2nd goal last game of last season, but he was unwell so benefit of the doubt. The game before he and mfw botched a clearance and I`m sure that happened the week before that as well with fisher or bene, I can`t remember exactly.

A decent keeper should have one or two goal causing mistakes a season.

Mehmet has had 3 already. Forfar 1st goal he flapped at the cross then spilled the initial shot. 2nd goal botched clearance,
Livi he should`ve raced out and clear the ball...but instead he ran forward two steps and then started shuffling/stuttering for two steps
He could`ve easily hammered the ball into the shopping center.

He can`t play with his feet, his movement is shocking, and his handling is poor.

All GK fundamentals. He is defo a league 1 keeper, As I`ve said before there is a reason he has never been first choice at every club in his career.

A new manager can work with the current squad but unless Mehmet isn`t called into action we need a new keeper.

Mehmet is a liability.

And fwiw I have gave him credit for the penalties and the absolute world class save at dundee utd.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Jul 16:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:53

I don`t think Mehmet is that bad he won us plenty of points last season as well.

My concern with him is his confidence and he`s clearly not had a good start this season at the game on Saturday I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the goal but having watched it back I can`t work out what he was doing the wee shuffle thing with his feet it was almost like he didn`t want to get involved, Maybe he was worried about being clattered.

But he done something similar in the 2nd half when bene went off his head.

Ideally this keeper we are bringing in needs to be either the new number 1 or at least properly challenging.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:57

I`ve watched the Forfar goal back. We`ll need to agree to disagree - he certainly doesn`t "flap" at the cross and I don`t think he spills the shot either. I don`t see many keepers in our league catching the ball in either instance.

Based on your criteria, there will be no keeper in our division who only makes 1 or 2 mistakes that result in a goal. And if you want to throw botched clearances in, they`re all even more screwed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:59

The thing is,

we will be talking about another Mehmet howler before the winter transfer window.

That`s a guarantee.

We shouldn`t know for a fact that we will be discussing a GK howler in the first half of the season. But we will be.

Probably more than one. He is error prone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:04

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 22 Jul 16:57

I`ve watched the Forfar goal back. We`ll need to agree to disagree - he certainly doesn`t "flap" at the cross and I don`t think he spills the shot either. I don`t see many keepers in our league catching the ball in either instance.

Based on your criteria, there will be no keeper in our division who only makes 1 or 2 mistakes that result in a goal. And if you want to throw botched clearances in, they`re all even more screwed.

Are you for real?

He gets nothing but fresh air from the cross that`s flapping.

and then the shot he blocks and some how he doesn`t keep hold of it and it goes to an opposition player. That`s a spill. He could`ve done better with the shot 100%
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:10

Despite playing with three CBs there was a gap in our defence big enough for two double-deckers to drive through at the Livi goal on Saturday. But let`s just criticise Mehmet for not coming out quickly enough. In a similar situation in the second half he did everything right and saved the day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:21

"Are you for real?

He gets nothing but fresh air from the cross that`s flapping.

and then the shot he blocks and some how he doesn`t keep hold of it and it goes to an opposition player. That`s a spill. He could`ve done better with the shot 100%"

Like I said, I don`t agree. The cross comes over from relatively close range, at a fair pace, and is flying over his head - and he gets a fingertip to it. I can`t see what else he`s meant to try and do. It diverts to a Forfar player who fires in a shot that he saves, he then saves the follow up and then the striker slams it in to an empty net.

Given you`ve already said that he`s the only player that you are not behind, you`re hardly objective.

You are right though, if he`s getting blamed for every goal like that, you`ll definitely be criticising him before the end of the transfer window.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:31

I won`t be the only one.

He is the weakest player in our team and should be replaced ASAP.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:36

You`ll find plenty who will blame him for the 1st Forfar goal. There will be plenty that won`t, however.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:42

Sums it up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:52

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Jul 17:10

Despite playing with three CBs there was a gap in our defence big enough for two double-deckers to drive through at the Livi goal on Saturday. But let`s just criticise Mehmet for not coming out quickly enough. In a similar situation in the second half he did everything right and saved the day.

Agree.

Fisher stepped out and he and Otoo both pressed the ball at the same time, so when it was played between them they were both taken completely out of play. Benedictus stepped out and wasn`t quick or strong enough. Hamilton as CDM probably should have been closer to the ball as contributed nothing. Breen was miles away from anyone. A real calamity of misjudgments before it got anywhere near Mehmet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 18:21

Fans will blame players to try and justify their opinion on a player, even when it is not merited.

I think even Ngenwa has been blamed for the Livi goal (totally incorrectly imo).

I assume Mehmet stopped coming as he felt he wasn’t going to get there first. Whether he was slow to react, made a bad judgement etc is all a matter of opinion.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Jul 18:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 18:27

"To be fair to the board and investors , I think some have forgotten their initial social media broadcast during the lockdown after taking over where they specifically said they weren’t there to throw cash at an easy fix but to develop young talent as a future investment."

While that`s true AAPS, to me throwing cash at an easy fix is doing a Sevco or a Gretna or a Kelty Hearts - it`s paying over the odds to players from a level or two above to get instant rewards. I`m glad the investors didn`t go down that route even if it would have been fun at that moment. But only having one goalkeeper (now only having one senior goalkeeper - a marginal improvement at best), having a squad so lacking in quality that losing one or two key players means the team turns to dung, having players who don`t fit the manager`s preferred style of play - that`s nothing to do with splashing the cash or itherwise but is about competence at the chairman and sporting director level, surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 19:51

I did read something by the new shareholders at Hibs, Foley. He`s got a 25% stake in the club and claims they aren`t listening to him, but after Saturday, that they will listen now.

Reading what he says about another club he has a stake in, Lorient, who just got relegated from the French League 1, he is trying to foist similar coaching, similar playing styles and similar players on all the teams, so that players can go from team to team to team for the benefit of the team (who I assume are Bournemouth).

I`m not sure how I would feel about my club being part of a kind of group of clubs like this. While one team might get some benefit, any decent player gets moved on to the priority team. Not a fan of these groups that own sets of clubs, shouldn`t really be allowed in my opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 20:09

Why would a manager want to come to a club where the coaching and playing style is dictated from someone else so it suits another club?

I don`t think it would ever happen, but it would be good to see where the money is going and if Pars fans can help save the club money either through volunteering or offering expertise. Both the new directors seem to have a financial background so that`s positive in some respects.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 20:18

we cant afford to get anchored at bottom of league might never get clear when we got relegated took us 11 games to get a league win then we were struggling

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 20:27

Quote:

bigdonnie, Mon 22 Jul 20:18

we cant afford to get anchored at bottom of league might never get clear when we got relegated took us 11 games to get a league win then we were struggling

But we will have an academy ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 21:05

Spot on Eck. A through ball and the goal scorer ran passed through the defence to nick the goal too.

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 05:07

Who would you pick if you had the choice between nice guy Mehmet and the nasty wee sh*te between the sticks at Rovers? Sad to say, I would choose the nasty wee sh*te.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 05:20

Aye me too. Thats only cause he doesn`t play for us, if he did we would be. Laughing at his attitude towards other teams. Lol.

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 06:16

lol there you go mentioning dougie Imrie again Mike he’s been in charge at Morton since 2021 what’s he done in 4 years that makes you think he’d be an improvement on James mcpake? let’s look at Morton’s league cup results so far under him cuffed 3-0 off east fife cuffed 2-0 off a rotten st Johnston side and a narrow win against highland league Brechin

Mcpake has been here 2 seasons give the guy a chance ffs I agree that it’s clear money needs to be spent but what makes you so sure the board will give any new manager the funds he needs to improve the team? more to the point do you honestly think any of the guys you named would be daft enough to take the job here seeing the state we are in just now? if the answer is yes then your even more deluded than you come across
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 07:02

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Tue 23 Jul 06:16

lol there you go mentioning dougie Imrie again Mike he’s been in charge at Morton since 2021 what’s he done in 4 years that makes you think he’d be an improvement on James mcpake? let’s look at Morton’s league cup results so far under him cuffed 3-0 off east fife cuffed 2-0 off a rotten st Johnston side and a narrow win against highland league Brechin

Mcpake has been here 2 seasons give the guy a chance ffs I agree that it’s clear money needs to be spent but what makes you so sure the board will give any new manager the funds he needs to improve the team? more to the point do you honestly think any of the guys you named would be daft enough to take the job here seeing the state we are in just now? if the answer is yes then your even more deluded than you come across

I`m deluded, but you want to stick with McPake and think things are gonna change?

Give your head a wobble. The point is that anyone coming in with fresh ideas will improve the squad.

As it stands we`re gonna be near the bottom and be absolutely toothless in doing so. That`s on the manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 10:19

We beat Morton 2-1 at Cappielow in, I think, November. It was the game where Moffat scored twice at the start.

Morton were in a bad way, Wilson got subbed in the first half and stormed down the tunnel, Broadfoot was trying to fight his own fans and the atmosphere was poisonous.

Around 3 months later, they were sitting in the play-off positions, had knocked Motherwell out the cup and butchered us 5-0 at EEP. Fair enough, they tailed off at the end of the season but they looked absolute certainties for relegation and he turned it around and they survived relatively comfortably.

They`re also fan owner and turnover around £1.4m (I`m sure it was publicised) and were working within that budget. I think it is fair to say that Imrie has done a good job there so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 13:52

Mcpakes sole intention at the moment is trying to prove a point at how thin the squad is. He’ll lose the fans if he keeps that up as we can all see the team can be set up better and can have a go.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 15:01

Good post Da-Go

Imrie’s been in charge of Morton for 3 years, so a good comparison. Fans’ desire for instant success against a long term strategy isn’t just confined to the Pars.

Paying off 2 managers in one season must’ve been costly. The new appointments at EEP are professionalising the club and raising new money from additional revenue streams. The last Board couldn’t keep putting their own money into the club and spent a lot of time looking for the “right fit” for new owners.

Any strategic plan has to be regularly reviewed - and adjusted, not blindly followed. I still believe the overall direction of the club is good, but let’s see where we are with “steady measured progress” after the 1st quarter…. That’s going to need some investment in the first team now - let’s hope that’s how the Board see it.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 16:26)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net